Options

Live version of Yellow Ledbetter close to studio recording?

The studio version of YL and the live version differs alot in energy and such.

Is there a live version of the song that is "closest" to the studio recording in how it sounds and the mood of it?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Tibet 97 boxset
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Yeah I love the way he sings some of the lines on the studio but not live, especially 'I wanna wish it all away'
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    There's one from the bridge school that's got the same vibe, minus the solo.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    The Daughter B-Side version. From back when YL was still a live rarity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9PceeAm5kU
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    The Daughter B-Side referenced above is the first version I ever heard..... my favourite version still. Have a nice week everyone
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Was that Mesa 93'?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Was that Mesa 93'?

I think it was. I always thought that version was powerful but choppy. The drums seemed off to me, was it the first time played live?
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580

Was that Mesa 93'?

I think it was. I always thought that version was powerful but choppy. The drums seemed off to me, was it the first time played live?
    That was just Dave A making it his own. I imagine the band wasn't a fan of the fact that he really couldn't tone it down for the slow tunes.. I personally love the drums on that version.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470

Tibet 97 boxset

I agree with this. It's a version with just Eddie and Mike.
  • Options
    Yup ditto on the Tibetan Freedom Concert version. Still my favorite version to this day. I actually just read about it in the pj20 book and never realized they were using Pavements equipment.
    looking to hear of the earth