Brad Brothers and Sisters is such an amazing fucking song

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
I had smoked a bowl and put on Welcome to Discovery Park, and the speakers were right next to me, and it me at that moment what a great fucking song it is, so much so I ended up listening to it 7 times total, just an amazing song, figured there might be some other people who think it's awesome too, but obviously some people may not feel that way, and that point of view should be heard should one feel the need to express themselves that way, but anyway for anyone who has never heard it, here you go
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Q7SIAoLKs

Comments

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    Great song. Will try the marijuana method.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Love that album
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Why is it that you use the word fuck or some variation in every thread you create? Personally, I don't care, I love that word. Just an observation.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Rob would say Black Crowes> Brad.
    I would disagree of course but Rob is an authority on most things
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    KV4053 said:

Great song. Will try the marijuana method.

Don't need the weed to really hear it. Just my opinion.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    It is definitely a great song! I actually don't really care for Brad all that much for the most part (at least not so far). But "Brothers and Sisters" is one of a handful of exceptions for me. I really love it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I love their collective works - Welcome To Discovery though is their best IMO. Better than Shame & that one is stellar.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Shawn Smith is one of the more underrated rock stars of our generation in my opinion. Love everything he touches...his writing, vocals and holy smokes...most of all his stage presence. When I would go see him around Seattle in the early 2000's I could only imagine the descriptions I'd heard of Andy Wood on stage...playing a room the same whether it was a tiny club or a giant stadium.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    This is also a proper rad track with Shawn Smith doing his thing!

http://youtu.be/8wnr_o0t2tY
    Nature drunk and High
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited May 2016

Why is it that you use the word fuck or some variation in every thread you create? Personally, I don't care, I love that word. Just an observation.

Sorry I listen to too many Pearl Jam bootlegs, and Eddie says it all the time, plus the word is very common here in Seattle, and also Chicago where I use to live, so those factors contribute to my excessive use of the word, in a non-work environment such as this, plus I figured the use of the word fuck and fucking have always been heavily promoted in a positive way by the band, so I think it not wrong and follow their examples, plus I was always a fan of Bill Hicks and George Carlin and they both liked to use that word a lot
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Fuckin' right, Hank! Shawn is my favorite Seattle singer. Everything he touches is gold.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

Sorry I listen to too many Pearl Jam bootlegs, and Eddie says it all the time, plus the word is very common here in Seattle, and also Chicago where I use to live, so those factors contribute to my excessive use of the word, in a non-work environment such as this, plus I figured the use of the word fuck and fucking have always been heavily promoted in a positive way by the band, so I think it not wrong and follow their examples, plus I was always a fan of Bill Hicks and George Carlin and they both liked to use that word a lot
    That was a ridiculously long sentence.

Anyway, so you're saying if eddie and the band said they all wiped their ass with their left hand, you'd switch? :rofl:

Seattle and Chicago aren't the only places that fuck is popular. I found it to be quite popular in the SE as well.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Anyway, so you're saying if eddie and the band said they all wiped their ass with their left hand, you'd switch? :rofl:

Seattle and Chicago aren't the only places that fuck is popular. I found it to be quite popular in the SE as well.
    It's practically mandatory in the NE.
    ELITIST FUK
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Fuck is my favorite word. Even so:
    Rob>Use of the word Fuck
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Rob > Seattle
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Rob > Seattle

Well, duh.
    ELITIST FUK
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Too bad they don't know how to pronounce fuck in Boston. Or anything really.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    SD48277 said:

It's practically mandatory in the NE.
    What? Wiping left handed?
    I thought that was a thing in the ME.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    dankind said:

Too bad they don't know how to pronounce fuck in Boston. Or anything really.

Yes, what the fuck is fack?
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

Well not everything, but but a lot of exposure to it, it has been somehow subliminally incorporated into my vocal patterns, this is the first time anyone has asked about it, sorry if that is not a satisfactory answer