Options

New Dinosaur Jr in August!!!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
Hold on to your hats Dino fans, look what's coming in August!!!

(Thank you Dankind for the heads up!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9dyqdK852c
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    They've got a huge tour scheduled this year. They are coming to a theater a few blocks my from place so I think should check them out. Don't know much of their stuff.
  • Options

They've got a huge tour scheduled this year. They are coming to a theater a few blocks my from place so I think should check them out. Don't know much of their stuff.

Cool! I hope they make it to our area as well.

If you haven't heard it, "Farm" is great. And any of their first three before the split and re-united. And the Live Bug LP is awesome! I love it all.

I made a complete fool around my wife when I heard about this this morning. I can't help it- I'm a Dino FANATIC!

And what's even more cool--- it's being release on my birthday!!! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    Even the albums released during the j-Lou-murph split are great. A lot darker and slower but still awesome.

The cover art for this new record looks pretty rad.
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    I just pre-ordered this from Newbury Comics. Limited Ed. of 500 on clear vinyl with a bonus 7" and an autographed poster. August can't come soon enough.
  • Options
    EarlWelsh said:

Even the albums released during the j-Lou-murph split are great. A lot darker and slower but still awesome.

The cover art for this new record looks pretty rad.

Yes, love that cover!

Yeah, that middle stuff- for sure, Earl! "Green Mind", "Where You Been", "Hand it Over", fantastic! "Without a Sound" is a little lower on my list but nothing dreadful on it whatsoever and it has some great songs. I like the work Mike Johnson did on some of those.

Another one I was glad I tracked down is "Dinosaur Jr, In Session" (BBC sessions). It has some excellent versions of early Dino stuff the original trio recorded in England (mostly) like a wild "Bulbs of Passion" and an insane "Does it Float" on it.

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    how did Henry Rollins age 20 years in 5 years?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

how did Henry Rollins age 20 years in 5 years?

Workaholism and insomnia. But to his credit, Henry packs in five years of living to an average person's one.

• Options

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Killer.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Better resolution of the Tiny performance here. Loving this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwJN6Ac-dcE

• Options
    Another fine rocker from the Jools Holland show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzq0SQXvzgo

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,274
    Whenever I've seen a (reunited) Dinosaur show I always find myself watching Lou for most of the night. I love the way he attacks his bass, it's like he really wants to hurt it!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Whenever I've seen a (reunited) Dinosaur show I always find myself watching Lou for most of the night. I love the way he attacks his bass, it's like he really wants to hurt it!

Yes! I love watching Lou play. Tons of energy- totally into it!

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    Woo hoo! Can't wait to hear the new album.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Anybody caught any of the Dino shows supporting the album coming out ON MY BIRTHDAY, thank you, (haha!).

I thought about going to a show in S.F. but a friend of mine said, "Brian, with your ears the way they are, you don't want to go see them, no matter how much you like them, you don't want to go" (he knows, he's jammed with J). Anyway, would love some reviews however brief or long.

Sure hope they video tape some of the shows!

Meanwhile, here's a version of '"The Lung" I hadn't seen yet. Such a great song. Loou really gets into it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8bQ2sEiEs

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Signed copies of the LP at recordstore.co.uk. only on black though.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Signed copies of the LP at recordstore.co.uk. only on black though.

Sold out! Too bad, but thanks for posting it.

I ordered the LP with a chance to win a signed poster but the order didn't go through and I believe it was the vendor's fault. No poster. Bummer! Looking forward to the LP anyway and ordered the CD and T-shirt through Dinosaurs strore, Kung Fu Inc-- which is where I should have ordered the LP from as well. Next time I support the band's store only!

• Options
    chrisrap1chrisrap1 Posts: 45
    edited July 2016
    One of my favorite bands of all time.....love the new material
    Lets trade visit my list for my PEARL JAM and all other recordings http://www.phishhook.com/lists/chrisrap1

~I don't care how many times you've seen them~
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    chrisrap1 said:

One of my favorite bands of all time.....love the new material

Cool! Great photo in your avatar. I've only heard "Tiny" so far. Great song. Looking forward to the LP!!

• Options
    T-shirt, buttons, sticker, CD package arrived today. Very cool! But I'm holding our for my first full, uninterrupted listen for when the vinyl copy arrives. Soon!!

• Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I saw them open for Jane's Addiction last month and they were great as always. I'm going to the Fenway PJ shows and am hoping to pick up the new album at Newbury Comics this weekend. I'm seeing their headlining show at the 9:30 Club in DC next month.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    brianlux said:

Anybody caught any of the Dino shows supporting the album coming out ON MY BIRTHDAY, thank you, (haha!).

I thought about going to a show in S.F. but a friend of mine said, "Brian, with your ears the way they are, you don't want to go see them, no matter how much you like them, you don't want to go" (he knows, he's jammed with J). Anyway, would love some reviews however brief or long.

Meanwhile, here's a version of '"The Lung" I hadn't seen yet. Such a great song. Loou really gets into it:

You'll be fine if you wear ear protection to the show unless your ears are so sensitive that you can't go to any shows. I know a guy (family friend) whose ears are like that.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    Yefa said:

brianlux said:

You'll be fine if you wear ear protection to the show unless your ears are so sensitive that you can't go to any shows. I know a guy (family friend) whose ears are like that.
    Cool! Unfortunately with book fair coming up it's a busy time so probably won't make it. Would love to hear about the show you catch though!

• Options
    Amoeba have some more blue vinyl copies available. Seems they got some extras.
  • Options
    Think this might be one of my favourite Dinosaur Jr albums.
  • Options
    Ahhh! It's driving me nuts. I mean, I'm driving me nuts. I have the CD but I want my 1st full listen to be vinyl. Come home to me vinyl Dino!!!

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    Iiiii walllkkkk for miilllles...man, so good!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Oh man, if that record doesn't show up tomorrow I might have to break down and break open the CD. I really want the first listen to be an analog Dino-mite experience though!!!

• Options
    It's here and it's FANTASTIC! About two songs in, Annie the cat started running around the house like crazy. She does that when she's really feeling her oats and super happy. I can dig it!

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    I just picked it up yesterday. Another fantastic album from these guys.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV