Options

The Spirited Yield Sessions!

On Yield, Pearl Jam and Brendan OBrien teamed up once again for a spirited session marked by the breakthrough of band members (guitarists Mike McCready and Stone Gossard, bassist Jeff Ament and drummer Irons) bringing in finished songs for Vedder to add his signature lyrics to. With a more accessible mainstream rock sound and a full-scale tour that found the band relenting to use some Ticketmaster venues (and replacing Irons with Soundgarden drummer Matt Cameron, the bands drummer to this day), Yield became the bands fifth straight album to be certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.

Hahaaaa, I didn't know that Stoney & the other members of the group had not written complete, Breakthrough songs (before these Spirited Yield sessions)! Who's writing the product descriptions? Better yet, who's proofing them?

Comments

• Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    Someone confused "lyrics" with "vocals." As yes this was the first time the other guys brought in finished songs with their words, not just music.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    ceska said:

Someone confused "lyrics" with "vocals." As yes this was the first time the other guys brought in finished songs with their words, not just music.

lol funny
  • Options
    brianwilsonbrianwilson Posts: 406
    Should then be ".... Vedder to add his signature voice to," yes?
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,929
    Let's hope there are more spirited sessions in the near future just like the Yield one ;)
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    brianwilsonbrianwilson Posts: 406
    Yep, Brain. Although my favorite is No Code, I believe Yield is their best album, front to back. It's also the best one on 12 inch vinyl, so I'm stoked for those who do not own it.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,929

Yep, Brain. Although my favorite is No Code, I believe Yield is their best album, front to back. It's also the best one on 12 inch vinyl, so I'm stoked for those who do not own it.

Both vinyls ordered! :)
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14