Options

Ten club and our banking info

MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
I received an out of the blue email from the Ten club shipping claiming to have trouble processing my order due to billing information needed to be updated . I replied back and was told it was an error during a system update. Just to be safe I canceled my auto renewal for membership and completely deleted my cc from payment info . A weeks gone by and I got charged on my card today . Anyone else having an issue . Could they have been hacked? I haven't heard back from Ten club in a while.

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    I would call them. They don't always respond that quick to emails.
  • Options
    That was my first move when I received the shipping email. That's when I was politely told sorry for the confusion but it was a system error on the update . But what's not being answered is if my cc info was deleted by me last week and it doesn't show up my account why are they keeping my info? I was told about the grace period if change my mind on shutting off auto renewal but if I delete my card then it should be deleted .

Keeping that info on there end is little scandalous after a phone call and 2 emails.

I'm not bitching to bitch but I can't be the only Ten club member getting hit with this glitch . And if others see this and noticed a Club shipping email let them know so they track the glitch faster . As of now I've got to hassle with destroying this corrupted card and getting a new one. Thanks for the irritation Ten Club.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    That is troubling that you cancelled your CC info and they still used it. There have always been concerns about them holding our CC info. I personally don't think they should. I think we should just be reminded about renewal and then enter our CC info each time we renew (or buy something), and they shouldn't be saving that information. Or at least give us that option. I remember when they first started doing this and a lot of people were upset that we weren't be allowed a choice in the matter, since they weren't able to assure us of total security as far as I remember (or, if they can assure us of that, didn't do a very good job of communicating that). FWIW, I sometimes get a 'website not secure' pop-up when I go to pearljam.com, usually when I'm on my phone. What's up with that?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LowlightLowlight Plymouth, MA Posts: 100
    Maybe they sent the request to your CC company multiple times, if the first attempt fails? Would explain why it still went through, even though you cancelled and deleted the info. They had the data, sent it once, it did not work due to system glitch, and they tried again later, and it went through. Even if you delete your info, they still have it in the pending order.
    Detroit 10-7-00 Buffalo 5-2-03 Boston 7-2-03 Camden 7-6-03 Boston 7-11-03 Boston 5-25-06 Camden 5-27-06 Hartford 6-27-08 Boston 6-28-08 Boston 6-30-08 Hartford 5-15-10 Boston 5-17-10 Chicago 7-19-13 Brooklyn 10-18-13 Brooklyn 10-19-13 Hartford 10-25-13 Moline 10-17-14 St. Paul 10-19-14 Milwaukee 10-20-14 Boston 8-5-16 Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16 Chicago 8-22-16 Seattle 8-8-18 Boston 9-2-18 Boston 9-4-18
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 348
    If you would have read the email completely it said if you live in Washington state the reason it was rejected was the tax rate was incorrect.
    Nothing you need to do on your end.
    This happened to me about a year ago also. I was told that the tax rate when they run the card through wasn't correct so it was rejected. Then tenclub had to manually enter the correct total. Nothing to worry about. It only happens if you live in Washington state.
  • Options
    Just to give everyone a heads up , the Ten club has informed me that the glitch in the system charged my card from an order from 2 years ago. The membership side keeps you CC I defiantly ? I don't like that so im done buying from the Ten club unless I use a pre paid CC . Im glad they are aware of the issue but are unable to do anything but reverse the charge. In today's fraud like bear traps everywhere you would think the company would be more secure and responsible . This did happen to 3 other customers including the shipping mangers card so it looks like an isolated issue , so I don't think anyone will have this issue .

Maybe Skynet renewed my membership early to get the single and Deep magazine for the Summer .
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    My card has had that issue twice now, they said that it was a processing glitch and the card would usually go through after a few tries-10c has automatic re-tries. This usually happens when there are a high number of transactions being processed at that time. Lucky me, my membership renews at the end of December, so my renewal gets to fight with all the people buying last minute holiday gifts.

I'm not worried, any issue I've had has been taken care of immediately.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless