Options

Yo, this DEEP is AWESOME!

mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
just got mine today...wow, this is sick! Thanks PJ, Thanks Ten Club!
96 - Ft Lauderdale
98 - ATL; WPB I & II
00 - WPB I & II
03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
04 - Boston VFC I & II
05 - Borgata II
08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
10 - CLE
12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
14 - Memphis
16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    my favorite one yet. Just amazing detail and effort put into it. Hoping for many more like this one
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,925
    Can't wait to get it!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

my favorite one yet. Just amazing detail and effort put into it. Hoping for many more like this one

yes, I agree. I mean, yeah, I do like when there is written content... but there is so much to look at in this one. Its really a sharp presentation too.

I love the smell of these things too
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I love it - wish every Deep was just scans of old stuff... I might be in the minority though. :)
  • Options
    pearljam75pearljam75 Posts: 80
    I totally love it !!! Most of them are usually very unique but with all of this old STUFF , this is awesome !!
    I wished I had all of this stuff !!
    Thank you Ten Club and Pearl Jam !!!

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Really??
    How can people love it so much?

Not a single article or interview, no information, just scans of posters, picks, passed, and setlists?

I don't see what there is to like about this from the perspective of someone who doesn't care about "stuff"... At least give some photos of the band that haven't been seen much, from that we could actually learn something, but what good is a catalog from which you can order nothing printed?

Worthless, IMO.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Really??

Not a single article or interview, no information, just scans of posters, picks, passed, and setlists?

I don't see what there is to like about this from the perspective of someone who doesn't care about "stuff"... At least give some photos of the band that haven't been seen much, from that we could actually learn something, but what good is a catalog from which you can order nothing printed?

Worthless, IMO.

Oh, so you were serious! :lol:
    Haven't not seen the thing, I think I'm probably going to agree with you! I know what all the posters and setlists and other stuff look like already. I don't need it all bound into a little book. For what purpose?
    Oh well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    rgambs said:

Really??

Worthless, IMO.

Picks and posters are what 99% of the people around here care about, so i'm not surprised... Did you go to a show this year? UnFuckingbelievable! Fans waiting outside a merch truck for 5 hours before a show and then complain about the setlist later.
  • Options
    mr bungle said:

rgambs said:

Really??

Worthless, IMO.

Picks and posters are what 99% of the people around here care about, so i'm not surprised... Did you go to a show this year? UnFuckingbelievable! Fans waiting outside a merch truck for 5 hours before a show and then complain about the setlist later.
    :lol: I know it's true, but when I see it written down it gets a lot more ridiculous.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mr bungle said:

rgambs said:

Really??

Worthless, IMO.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks down on this behavior.
    I'm not afraid to admit it is arrogance, but the American obsession with things is getting harder for me to stomach.

I would love it if it was photos of the band and original lyric sheets.
    Those are things that are related to the music at least...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    I'm with you. I have a theory .. The poster and misc. merch craze with this band kicked into high gear about 10-12 years ago. The band/business has a revenue goal to bring in each year (just like any business). It doesn't really matter to the band how that revenue comes in, it just needs to so they can pay staff, fund insurance, draw a certain salary and pay other fixed expenses of running a business. When the merch sales started going through the roof there has been less need to earn revenue through albums/music related items. And they know they can book a 10-20 show tour anytime they want to pad the revenue without any new material. Just a theory
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    mr bungle said:

I'm with you. I have a theory .. The poster and misc. merch craze with this band kicked into high gear about 10-12 years ago. The band/business has a revenue goal to bring in each year (just like any business). It doesn't really matter to the band how that revenue comes in, it just needs to so they can pay staff, fund insurance, draw a certain salary and pay other fixed expenses of running a business. When the merch sales started going through the roof there has been less need to earn revenue through albums/music related items. And they know they can book a 10-20 show tour anytime they want to pad the revenue without any new material. Just a theory

I can believe that.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    I liked it. Was cool seeing the ticket from my first show in there. I want it to be a one time or once in a long while type of thing though.
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    mr bungle said:

rgambs said:

Really??

Worthless, IMO.

This is so true! Gave me a good chuckle! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    rgambs said:

Really??

Worthless, IMO.

Good call
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place