Options

Which 2016 concert do you feel was best and why?

13»

Comments

• Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    pulling69 said:

Raleigh was off the chain

I thought the band lacked energy here....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    Toronto N1
    Ottawa
    Quebec City
    Toronto N2
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    edited May 2016
    Went to Hampton, Columbia and MSG 2

Top Attended: Columbia
    Top Non Attended: MSG 1

Top Overall: Columbia.
    One of the strongest top to bottom shows but the 1st encore was hands down the best of tour and pushes it over the edge
    Post edited by rvapete on
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

Philly 2. The energy and emotion in that room was incredible. The speech by Ed before and the crowd during Release is a moment i'll never forget.

I had a rough several months leading up to the Philly/MSG shows. The pre-Release speech had me in tears.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,686
    Toronto 1, Binaural!! Toronto was bla in my opinion, they seemed tired and crowd around me killed it.. They were screaming at Eddie while he was talking to "shut the f up...." Just a bad experience I guess
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Of the 5 shows I went to, here's how I rank them:
    1a. Philly 2
    1b. MSG 1
    1c. Lexington
    1d. MSG 2
    1e. Philly 1

that may be cheating, but they were all awesome shows. I don't think I could pick one favorite, but if I was forced, I'd go Philly 2 by a slight edge. I'd say Philly 2 and MSG 1 were close on energy levels, but they were different kinds of energy. Philly 2 was more emotional and nostalgic with Ten being played. MSG 1 was more of a party atmosphere.
  • Options
    JG108535JG108535 Posts: 183
    nicknyr15 said:

Philly 2
    The emotion in that room during 10 was unmatched. Plus the set didn't suck after the album like Greenville.

This. And I agree about the set after the album....minus Present Tense.
  • Options
    JG108535JG108535 Posts: 183
    jmug23 said:

Obviously Completely subjective, but Greenville with out a doubt. VS, first time in band history. First time of tour so no one was expecting it, unlike the other two album shows. Set list was amazing. Best PJ show I've ever attended and I've been to a lot:)

Interesting.....One of my least fav shows that Ive attended. Yeah, VS is cool and all, but I really didnt care for what it did to the rest of the show.......Full album shows are cool, but I think it really does something to the flow of the show afterward.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Don't sleep on Hampton, though.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    The ones I was lucky enough to go to are always the best.... ;)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,604
    Tiki said:

Don't sleep on Hampton, though.

I had a great time at hampton, and loved the setlist. Didnt really notice it at the show cause i was busy soaking up the atmosphere and having a blast, but after playing it back on the bootleg, this wasnt a great show relative to other Pj shows in my opinion. The band was pretty solid throughout, but no real standout performances of any of the songs played, and it might be one of the worst vocal performance from Ed that Ive ever heard. Pretty messy at times. Thought maybe he was just losing some of his stamina with age, but then I listened to Greenville and he sounded amazing. Still a solid show based on the setlist if nothing else.

Philly 2 was the other show I went to, and that gets my vote for best of the tour. It was my favorite out of 20 times seeing them. Can't wait for the recording to come out.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    JG108535 said:

jmug23 said:

Obviously Completely subjective, but Greenville with out a doubt. VS, first time in band history. First time of tour so no one was expecting it, unlike the other two album shows. Set list was amazing. Best PJ show I've ever attended and I've been to a lot:)

Interesting.....One of my least fav shows that Ive attended. Yeah, VS is cool and all, but I really didnt care for what it did to the rest of the show.......Full album shows are cool, but I think it really does something to the flow of the show afterward.

Yeah I get what your saying. Some didnt love all the LB after VS, but I really like that album. The reality is I just had the best time ever at that show. I was second from the rail, got some wine from Ed and the crowd around me seemed to be having so much fun. Also the band seemed to be having so much fun, talking to everyone, going into the crowd etc. much different feel for me than some of the 2013 shows I attended. Ed just seemed to be having the time of his life. It sounds like every show of this tour was basically similar. Band was on fire and having fun!
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    edited May 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

I still think after 56 shows that first set at msg 1 was the greatest I've ever seen.

I said the same thing to myself leaving the concert 35 songs and it was a blast and I've been to 20 shows.
    I was at Philly 1-2 Msg 1-2

Msg 2 was lame and the band was tired.
    Philly 1 was better than Philly 2 in my opinion, ten was cool and the energy was thru the roof but the set list wasent as good as night 1 to me.
    This is just my opinion, everyone I went with said philly 2 was The best pj show they have ever seen.
    Post edited by pawlowski1097 on
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    The Greenville bootleg is really fucking great
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    edited May 2016
    philly 2 was the best concert i have ever been to in my life. the place exploded when everyone realized what was happening. so much emotion in that room. :smile:

(side note: aerosmith's "sweet emotion" came on as i was typing this. :lol:)
    Post edited by nothinasitseems on
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 63
    I was only at Greenville and Columbia. Greenville wins hands down for me. The band's energy was amazing. It felt like they only quit playing because of the curfew. I didn't care for LB after Vs either, but I don't create the setlists I just enjoy the best band in the world sounding better than ever.

For a weird ending to this post, I won't be surprised if the band announces a hiatus in September. They have a different feel this tour, playing so many albums and just the emotion of Ed on stage. Just an opinion. I hope they don't, unless they make LB2. If that is the next album, I'll take the hiatus :)
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016