Options

Framed Poster with Setlist Question

chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
Hello All,
I'm taking in my MSG 1 "Owl" poster in to get framed today. This is my first framed poster so I am a newbie at this. My question is, I would like to incorporate the setlist from that night along with the sticker and ticket stub. I don't have the original set in Eds handwriting or anything but was curious if anyone had ideas or advice from what they have done in the past. Hope everyone is enjoying this tour as much as I have so far. Thanks in advance
2014: Moline, IL
2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
2019: EV Tempe, AZ
2020: PPD
2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AT302834AT302834 San Diego Posts: 39
    Hi @chitownp76

Just a suggestion. If you wanted to wait until the bootleg is released you could incorporate that as part of the framing. I have done this with other posters for PJ shows I’ve attended. You will have the set list on the back of the CD case. It gives a nice look, makes it a bit more personal and a different spin than just framing the poster itself.
  • Options
    AT302834 said:

Hi @chitownp76

Just a suggestion. If you wanted to wait until the bootleg is released you could incorporate that as part of the framing. I have done this with other posters for PJ shows I’ve attended. You will have the set list on the back of the CD case. It gives a nice look, makes it a bit more personal and a different spin than just framing the poster itself.

Not a bad idea! Thanks
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Stage-used setlist do pop up in Lost Dogs for around $100 from time to time but not until well after the tour is finished, so the only advice I could give would be to hold off on framing until they come available (even though there's no guarantee you'd be able to grab one with it being MSG).
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    Also check the Framed Poster Thread:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/3677/framed-poster-thread/p1

I always get great ideas for what I want to do based on what others have already done.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427

Hello All,
    I'm taking in my MSG 1 "Owl" poster in to get framed today. This is my first framed poster so I am a newbie at this. My question is, I would like to incorporate the setlist from that night along with the sticker and ticket stub. I don't have the original set in Eds handwriting or anything but was curious if anyone had ideas or advice from what they have done in the past. Hope everyone is enjoying this tour as much as I have so far. Thanks in advance

Check out derbydave's posts in that framed poster thread. He is the king of framing souveniers with the show poster. Some really nice examples by him in there.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I appreciate all the advice!!
  • Options

Hello All,

Also...there are folks here who do get access to set lists and can scan them for you. Then you print them and it looks like the real deal....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options

Hello All,

Also...there are folks here who do get access to set lists and can scan them for you. Then you print them and it looks like the real deal....
    That would be great. Gotta find me a set list guy!
  • Options
    StAmsar20StAmsar20 Bettendorf, Iowa Posts: 59
    Is your poster in a tube or flat? I should have taken mine out sooner than 2 weeks when I got it framed, it DOES make a difference. If you go to a framing place and ask them for two large pieces of flat cardboard you can secure it in that to help the flattening process. I first went to a local Michaels but the price was crazy. With a 65% off coupon it was gonna be $396. That's the poster, 2 tickets and sticker framed. When she originally said, " well before the discount the total is $1,052" I about shit. Same thing done at Hobby Lobby out the door was $214. I will take a picture of mine later today and post back here.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    That is a ridiculous price right there^ Trying to get anything fancy done? Never paid more than $250 to get a frame job done. And I always use a local framer because I trust them much more than a chain store.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

That is a ridiculous price right there^ Trying to get anything fancy done? Never paid more than $250 to get a frame job done. And I always use a local framer because I trust them much more than a chain store.

No nothing fancy at all. Mine was the Tampa show so I wanted to do a weathered look due to the pirate. The lady called me from Michael's and asked why I didn't return. I told her price alone was the main reason. I really liked how the other store framed it.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_m-NYgoK6-scURhbUwyNjRGZlE/view?usp=drivesdk

This is my Tampa poster. Still in the plastic until im ready to hang it but I'm going to change the layout for my next poster
    Post edited by StAmsar20 on
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Washed said:

Stage-used setlist do pop up in Lost Dogs for around $100 from time to time but not until well after the tour is finished, so the only advice I could give would be to hold off on framing until they come available (even though there's no guarantee you'd be able to grab one with it being MSG).

How do people acquire those set lists? Just friends of the crew or something? I would love to buy the Greenville one. Not sure how to verify its authenticity though.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    StAmsar20 said:

This is my Tampa poster. Still in the plastic until im ready to hang it but I'm going to change the layout for my next poster

Super nice..

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    StAmsar20 said:

That came out great. Gives me a couple different options to think about when I get my Tampa AP framed, which should be here tomorrow.
  • Options
    The one thing that I will do with my next 2 posters ( Wrigley 1&2) is take a picture of the back of the poster as maybe a 5x8, picture from the concert, tickets and sticker in the frame. I love how this one came out. Can't wait to hang it.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited May 2016
    Yeah. Try to find someone with one to scan... Maybe even reduce the size
  • Options
    StAmsar20 said:

Really like how that turned out! Cant wait until mine is done.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Hello All,

If you want the setlist, you can use a pic from this site. Best/close that most of us will get to having the real thing.
    http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/

• Options
    EM194007 said:

Hello All,

If you want the setlist, you can use a pic from this site. Best/close that most of us will get to having the real thing.
    http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/

That would look cool If I printed it out like a photo at Walgreens
  • Options
    FadedGloryFadedGlory Chicagoland Posts: 416
    I use that Tumblr site for all the setlist reproductions I've used in frames. And those setlist photos, to the best of my knowledge, are just taken from the Pearl Jam official Twitter account that puts them out 10, 20 minutes after the shows are over.

What I have done for the setlists I've used, though, is I take a screen grab of it (on a Mac, this makes the resolution twice as big as if you just copy the image from online). Then I take it into Photoshop and I select a portion of the black writing. Then I have Photoshop select similar areas to that selection – which then pretty much selects ALL the black writing. Then I select the INVERSE of that and I turn that later pure white. That way, when you go to print it out, it will look clean and like it's on a clean piece of paper – it won't look like you've printed out a photo of a photo, which is what you'd be doing. I just think it's a much, much better look for it, and it doesn't lose any of the effect you're going after, obviously.

I've done this for Moline 14, Cincinnati 14 and St. Paul 14. All three of those posters, I chose to do something a little extra with to make them unique. The Moline one obviously is the gem of the bunch. For that one, after I had the mat colors picked, I went out and bought a toy John Deere tractor with some big rubber tires for like $18. Then I bought some brown paint and I ran the tires through the paint, then ran them over the mat board randomly. Once that had dried, Hobby Lobby then cut the openings how we had talked about them and I did triple matting with the poster, the reproduced setlist with button on top, the sticker, my ticket, and my GA wristband. And the frame was old reclaimed barn wood. This whole thing cost me like $150 when all was said and done if you include the tractor purchase and the paint purchase. But I think it was well worth it. I've had someone offer me $750 to just sell them that finished piece. Obviously, it still is hanging in my house.

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)

• Options

I use that Tumblr site for all the setlist reproductions I've used in frames. And those setlist photos, to the best of my knowledge, are just taken from the Pearl Jam official Twitter account that puts them out 10, 20 minutes after the shows are over.

What I have done for the setlists I've used, though, is I take a screen grab of it (on a Mac, this makes the resolution twice as big as if you just copy the image from online). Then I take it into Photoshop and I select a portion of the black writing. Then I have Photoshop select similar areas to that selection – which then pretty much selects ALL the black writing. Then I select the INVERSE of that and I turn that later pure white. That way, when you go to print it out, it will look clean and like it's on a clean piece of paper – it won't look like you've printed out a photo of a photo, which is what you'd be doing. I just think it's a much, much better look for it, and it doesn't lose any of the effect you're going after, obviously.

I've done this for Moline 14, Cincinnati 14 and St. Paul 14. All three of those posters, I chose to do something a little extra with to make them unique. The Moline one obviously is the gem of the bunch. For that one, after I had the mat colors picked, I went out and bought a toy John Deere tractor with some big rubber tires for like $18. Then I bought some brown paint and I ran the tires through the paint, then ran them over the mat board randomly. Once that had dried, Hobby Lobby then cut the openings how we had talked about them and I did triple matting with the poster, the reproduced setlist with button on top, the sticker, my ticket, and my GA wristband. And the frame was old reclaimed barn wood. This whole thing cost me like $150 when all was said and done if you include the tractor purchase and the paint purchase. But I think it was well worth it. I've had someone offer me $750 to just sell them that finished piece. Obviously, it still is hanging in my house.

This is exactly what I was looking to do. I saw a photo of the Moline poster a while back after you had it done, and thats what inspired me to do a similar thing for my Moline poster I just acquired. I still cant believe you did it for $150. I think you missed you calling! I have a Mac as well. Hopefully I can figure out how to make the setlist. Especially with the Moline show being so special, I think its critical to incorporate the No Code aspect of it.
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    What I have done for the setlists I've used, though, is I take a screen grab of it (on a Mac, this makes the resolution twice as big as if you just copy the image from online). Then I take it into Photoshop and I select a portion of the black writing. Then I have Photoshop select similar areas to that selection – which then pretty much selects ALL the black writing. Then I select the INVERSE of that and I turn that later pure white. That way, when you go to print it out, it will look clean and like it's on a clean piece of paper – it won't look like you've printed out a photo of a photo, which is what you'd be doing. I just think it's a much, much better look for it, and it doesn't lose any of the effect you're going after, obviously.
    This is very helpful. I wanted to include the setlists in my frames for Fort Lauderdale and Miami, but the printed setlists do pretty much look like "a photo of a photo." I've never used photoshop before, but I might give this a try before I get the posters framed. Thanks!
  • Options
    If someone wants to print a frameable setlist like these for Moline I will send them a large vinyl Stickman sticker!
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited October 2016

Here is a clean Miami from my Setlist if someone wants.. I also have.. Wrigley 2, Columbia, SC, Greenville, and Mexico City from this Tour from the stage if anyone needs..

I Have tons more I am happy to share for posters but some of the older ones have more wear and tear depending on the shows and how old they are...
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    Thanks Steve, still looking for that Moline. If someone send me the clean template and tells me what to print it on, Ill send the sticker. http://imgur.com/a/FmzMO
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    steved said:

Here is a clean Miami from my Setlist if someone wants.. I also have.. Wrigley 2, Columbia, SC, Greenville, and Mexico City from this Tour from the stage if anyone needs..

I Have tons more I am happy to share for posters but some of the older ones have more wear and tear depending on the shows and how old they are...

Any way you could PM a scan of the Greenville? I kinda want to put something together for that show.
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options

Thanks Steve, still looking for that Moline. If someone send me the clean template and tells me what to print it on, Ill send the sticker. http://imgur.com/a/FmzMO

OFFER STILL STANDS, GOTTA TAKE IT IN TO GET FRAMED NEXT WEEK