Options

On one side

And you can make me feel so much
with hardly any effort
again and again it happens
makes me wonder
would I explode if you actually tried?
it’s an involuntary reaction of joy
how’d this string get tied in the first place?
so impossible
yet it’s been possible
and with hardly a perceptible movement
hardly a a fraction of a glance
it’s a thought understood
with the big picture still fuzzed out
and scratched over
violently
as if someone made a mistake and
wanted to make some words unreadable
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Comments

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    this is wonderful! perfect
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    thanks for reading it :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    edited May 2016
    it is interesting how one can feel so much with not much stimulus. or is it that what could be deemed negative has more power than the positive in certain situations and with certain individuals?
    there are things we are told to not pay attention to or to simply get over or forget about. in our heads we say "okay i can do that" but in our hearts and minds we cant... at least not with more effort. we resolve to make that effort, to move on, but at some point it becomes too much and we're back to the feels.
    my father once called me a dreamer (he also asked me did I think I was dysfunctional cause the family did... but that's another story) and I thought well of course I am, im a reader. and with reading comes thinking. I have been accused of thinking too much... as if that were somehow negative. and you know what? sometimes I think it is detrimental to my well being. but I cant simply stop thinking... and if someone thinks I think too much, well that's because they don't think enough.

good stuff anne.
    :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Cate, I think this comment you made demonstrates your point. You have a lot of thought in it!

:heart:

Thanks for reading this.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&