Options

Thanks for playing Sonic Reducer at Wrigley 2!! :)

ZodZod Posts: 10,116
edited August 2016 in The Porch
Didn't get played so i've edited my request for Wrigley 2:

Wrigley 1 is on my 39th birthday and it's my white whale. I've seen PJ 22 times (mostly on the West Coast) and have never had the chance to hear it live. I know its a cover, but It's my favorite Christmas Single. I've spun the hell out of that Christmas Single. I'm traveling from Victoria to Chicago to see PJ on my 39th Birthday, would love to hear it!

I'm seeing it on many setlists for this leg of tour. I hope PJ doesn't pack it away before Wrigley. Would love to hear my white whale.

Thank You,

Brian
Post edited by Zod on

Comments

• Options
    RM211166RM211166 Austin, TX Posts: 126
    Second
    --The time you enjoyed wasting was not a waste of time--
  • Options
    cweeks1111cweeks1111 Posts: 150
    Do it.
    east lansing, mi 1998 / auburn hills, mi 2000 / clarkston, mi 2003 / grand rapids, mi 2004 / toronto, on 2005 / auburn hills, mi 2006 / detroit, mi 2011 (ev) / chicago, il 2013 / detroit, mi 2014 / chicago, il 2016 (wrigley 1) / chicago, il 2018 (wrigley 1 & 2) / louisville, ky 2022 / las vegas, nv 2022 (ev) / noblesville, in 2023
  • Options
    May 4th Bump. 108 days to go :)
  • Options
    Daily bump. 107 days...
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    THIS. Do iiiiit
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    Never too early to start!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the song is awesoime and band plays it sdo frikkin good,,.good luck!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wrigley I is also my sister's birthday. And since I will be there (she won't, ha!), I fully support this!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    :)
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    They could play Sonic every show and it would never get old, love PJ's version
  • Options
    Awesome. Getting some traction.. 106 days... :)
  • Options
    Zod said:

Well having done that before when I requested a 35 song setlist for Phoenix in 2013 just after the show was announced, the closer you get to the show the more response, oh and sometimes you have to bump it too
  • Options
    toyacoyahtoyacoyah Posts: 13
    I've seen it live before and it's pretty amazing. I fully support your request as I'll be at this show too. ;)
  • Options

Zod said:

Well having done that before when I requested a 35 song setlist for Phoenix in 2013 just after the show was announced, the closer you get to the show the more response, oh and sometimes you have to bump it too
    I'm trying to remember to bump it every morning.... It'll be awesome if it works.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Zod said:

I'm trying to remember to bump it every morning.... It'll be awesome if it works.
    also instead of bumping, you can post a version of the song you like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlVZCd3RGAU
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I got Sonic Reducer in 2 of the 3 shows I saw this tour.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

That makes me insanely jealous :) I noticed how often it was being played on this tour and have my fingers crossed that that continues in August. It showed up at a number of shows on the Eastern Leg of the 2013 tour, but never on the Western Leg.... Hopefully now what I'm travelling East I'll bump into it.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Sarava said:

I've been to 23 shows and only heard Sonic Reducer at 2 (or maybe 3) of them... first one was in '93, had never heard it before that and it was introduced as "Here's a Christmas song for you."

Definitely down to hear it at Wrigley 1. But not Wrigley 2 as I won't be there. Happy early 39th.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    the song should just be played more often, if Eddie needs any motivation adding it to the setlist every night, and anyone that doesn't love this video, I have to ask, what the fuck?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE3NR04X30c
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    In the days before the internet was useful I used to play my VHS copy of Gimli '93 alot. It featured this excellent version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxl66p3eTd4
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Zod said:

In the days before the internet was useless I used to play my VHS copy of Gimli '93 alot. It featured this excellent version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxl66p3eTd4

Sunfest AKA Mudfest, wish I could have been at that show
  • Options

Me too, but I would of been 15 or 16... I had hard enough time sneaking off to Vancouver for Lollapalooza's when I was that age.. let alone sneaking to Manitoba :)

• Options
    104 days... :)
  • Options
    Zod said:

Me too, but I would of been 15 or 16... I had hard enough time sneaking off to Vancouver for Lollapalooza's when I was that age.. let alone sneaking to Manitoba :)

I know the band loved that show
  • Options
    I don't need anyone
    Don't need no mom and dad
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    I wouldn't worry too much. I definitely see this one happening in Wrigley on a 2 night run. Saw it once already this year in Tampa, for a total of 3 times in the last 4 years. Much easier song to chase than mine. But I still got my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    RT287183 said:

I wouldn't worry too much. I definitely see this one happening in Wrigley on a 2 night run. Saw it once already this year in Tampa, for a total of 3 times in the last 4 years. Much easier song to chase than mine. But I still got my fingers crossed.

You would think.. I'm actually surprised I've never gotten it attending vancouver/seattle shows for the past 18 years... I'll keep trying.... would love to get it.

I guess the question is, what happens when you get your white whale. Do you all of a sudden have a new white whale, or is attending a concert with no white while completely liberating? :)
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Zod said:

RT287183 said:

You would think.. I'm actually surprised I've never gotten it attending vancouver/seattle shows for the past 18 years... I'll keep trying.... would love to get it.

I guess the question is, what happens when you get your white whale. Do you all of a sudden have a new white whale, or is attending a concert with no white while completely liberating? :)
    I am going to say extremely liberating. Enjoying the best band with an immense catalogue not having to wonder weather or not this is the show you get your white whale or not. I guess this is something we can both revisit after one of us gets our white whale. But I wouldn't doubt the possibility of another white whale developing afterwards. But it will definitely keep you satisfied for a while. I still have my fingers crossed for Leash on either night of Wrigley. Preferably night one so that night 2 could be extremely liberating for me LOL. I need Leash to complete the VS album live. Go figure, the least played song live off that album is Rats and I have seen that one twice! Just need Leash once. Only hopeful because it has been performed 3 times this tour so far. 22 years since its been played in Chicago, and only played once in the city. I think it's due.

• Options
    Don't need no pretty face
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    This certainly would be an electronic dream

102 days
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .