Options

We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    ^ cmon...don't torture us like that...lol. Which half? Give us a little something to look forward to :)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    bbiggs said:

^ cmon...don't torture us like that...lol. Which half? Give us a little something to look forward to :)

Gotta be the tour. There is no way they are not having any shows this year. Just speculation on my part of course.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    PJNB said:

bbiggs said:

Gotta be the tour. There is no way they are not having any shows this year. Just speculation on my part of course.
    maybe happens both in the end,.,,we ares till only in the beggining of march
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJNB said:

bbiggs said:

I hope you're right :)
  • Options

PJNB said:

bbiggs said:

maybe happens both in the end,.,,we ares till only in the beggining of march
    I like the way this sounds! I guess the magic word is PATIENCE ;)
  • Options
    Mind Your Manners was released in July and they announced the Lightning Bolt Tour (October/November/December PJ dates) that same month. Anything is possible.
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408

Mind Your Manners was released in July and they announced the Lightning Bolt Tour (October/November/December PJ dates) that same month. Anything is possible.

That's true. If they were really feeling inspired to do a PJ album I could definitely see this scenario working out again. At the moment though I'm just thinking tour. Now to figure out where.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    edited March 2017
    I'm hoping the no album is the true part. I can live without new music to be honest, hoping for a small US tour in the fall! (and a show at that place called Cleveland)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360

my2hands said:

I know PJ has closed a few arenas in the past... but other than that, why do people think they would close the Joe? Isn't Bob Seeger, Eminem, or Kid Rock available?

I would love if they did, just not sure why everyone is convinced?

Sell me on it, so I can be ready when it's announced lol

Probably because at the 2014 show Eddie said he hoped they were invited back before The Joe closed down.
    That, and Kid Rock is already doing like 6 shows opening the new arena, so it seems like overkill if he were to also play the last shows at the Joe. "Invited back" is kind of an interesting thing for Ed to say. I always wondered how this whole process of booking shows actually works, do venues reach out to bands as much as promoters reach out to venues? It's like he makes it sound like the whole greater Detroit area never "invited" PJ back between 2006 and 2014 or something.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873

I'm hoping the no album is the true part. I can live without new music to be honest, hoping for a small US tour in the fall! (and a show at that place called Cleveland)

Same. The catalogue as it stands now is fantastic. There are plenty of songs I've never heard/want to hear again/could hear every show. The time to play those songs though is ticking away. Every year that goes by is one more that we will never get back. Tour over album, every time. (Assuming of we course we can't get both.)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Alex-555Alex-555 Posts: 11
    If Ed plays another Taormina Show, do. we get TC Tickets first aswell?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Alex-555 said:

usually ticket vendor adds it ,,so no
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    JimmyV said:

Same. The catalogue as it stands now is fantastic. There are plenty of songs I've never heard/want to hear again/could hear every show. The time to play those songs though is ticking away. Every year that goes by is one more that we will never get back. Tour over album, every time. (Assuming of we course we can't get both.)
    I feel the same way
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81

Alex-555 said:

When they added Worcester 2 in 2013, they opened a new TC drawing that was only open to those who didn't get tix for night 1.

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    sarnocm said:

Alex-555 said:

When they added Worcester 2 in 2013, they opened a new TC drawing that was only open to those who didn't get tix for night 1.
    Toronto 2 was the opposite though. If there is a show it could go either way. I am guessing no draw.
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    wbutler29 said:

Do they have an official close date for the Joe in Detroit? Wasn't sure if it was scheduled for demo already

JimmyV said:

God no. New music will reinvigorate them.
  • Options
    sarnocm said:

Alex-555 said:

Usa is dufferent..here is europe
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    Manchester 2012 second show was added without TC draw.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    There you go
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    jdopj said:

wbutler29 said:

Do they have an official close date for the Joe in Detroit? Wasn't sure if it was scheduled for demo already

JimmyV said:

God no. New music will reinvigorate them.
    They need to be reinvigorated? They play a constantly changing 3 hour set every night. The shows I've seen have been properly invigorated.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited March 2017
    I want a new album... but I want them to take their time on it and make an album for sake of doing so. Keep Brendan away... and let Jeff guide them into a new space. This band is still capable of great things in the studio, they need to cut loose.

If they can squeeze some shows in too then great.
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528

I want a new album... but I want them to take their time on it and make an album for sake of doing so. Keep Brendan away... and let Jeff guide them into a new space. This band is still capable of great things in the studio, they need to cut loose.

If they can squeeze some shows in too then great.

I know Mike is definitely up for trying different things based on all of his collaborations the last few years. He still has plenty of fire in the belly.
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    I hope they tour behind new music. I could have sworn I read an interview where one of them said they wouldn't tour again until they have new music. The 2013 tour behind Lightning Bolt was really special. As much as I loved the 2016 shows, probably more than the 2013 shows in some ways, there is a certain spark missing when they don't have something to actually promote on the road imo.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825
    Sunday got vibe bump for a fall 2017 PJ tour. Pound those drums Matt!!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fxk2JrZgvA#
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,825
    Good vibe :smile:
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    My guess would be that:

1. EV takes a nice summer break with family at the end of June after Taormina (July/Aug);
    2. EV plays a few solo dates in the Pacific North West or Hawaii in late Aug/Early Sept in advance of Ohana,
    3. (if they haven't already)++, PJ heads into the studio after Ohana in September for a few weeks, takes a break for baseball playoffs in October, returns to studio in early November, completes the record
    4. PJ goes on a 5-8 show West Coast tour in late November/December, debuts a couple of new songs, takes a Xmas break,
    5. Album is released 2018 Spring, followed by full 2018 USA/Europe tour in Spring/Summer followed by Aus/NZ/Asia tour in the Southern Hemisphere summer either late 2018 or early 2019

*insert closing the Joe - 3 nights - somewhere in this timeline
    ++wouldn't be surprised if they went into the studio after HoF induction and completed album in April/May 2017 - released in fall of 2017 (or early 2018)

+++This is just for fun, no credible info
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    mwplum said:

My guess would be that:

1. EV takes a nice summer break with family at the end of June after Taormina (July/Aug);
    2. EV plays a few solo dates in the Pacific North West or Hawaii in late Aug/Early Sept in advance of Ohana,
    3. (if they haven't already)++, PJ heads into the studio after Ohana in September for a few weeks, takes a break for baseball playoffs in October, returns to studio in early November, completes the record
    4. PJ goes on a 5-8 show West Coast tour in late November/December, debuts a couple of new songs, takes a Xmas break,
    5. Album is released 2018 Spring, followed by full 2018 USA/Europe tour in Spring/Summer followed by Aus/NZ/Asia tour in the Southern Hemisphere summer either late 2018 or early 2019

*insert closing the Joe - 3 nights - somewhere in this timeline
    ++wouldn't be surprised if they went into the studio after HoF induction and completed album in April/May 2017 - released in fall of 2017 (or early 2018)

+++This is just for fun, no credible info

This is a pretty good guess. I agree that PJ won't be doing a US tour until 2018 at the earliest. They may do a few festivals this year but I think that's it. More likely that we see an expanded EV tour or mini-tour. That said, it would be nice if PJ takes advantage of any, if at all, positive press from rock hall of fame. You would think they would capitalize on that, not that they need new fans, but they may eventually need new younger fans.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,548
    Wondering if Eddie will do Lolla. North stage perhaps?
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762

Wondering if Eddie will do Lolla. North stage perhaps?

Still thinking there's a few more festival dates for him whether it's Lolla or ACL (band seems less likely as these announcements roll out). If he's doing solo shows, there may be still some US dates announced once the fest announcements end. Would anyone be surprised if he did a solo show in Chicago around the time of the MLB playoffs?