We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    edited March 2017
    Lenz said:
    Alternativenation isn't a credible source imo. Also I know chelios is close to the band but really?.... I don't buy it..
    But hey if it's true get ready for a crazy 2018. Someone start the rumor thread.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,621
    At the end of August they've officially taken a year off of touring. We'll get shows in the fall, and an album. F Chelios.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    If you can't trust a loosely-connected source making an offhand comment on the radio, who can you trust?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    edited March 2017
    I'd never trust Chelios after his deliberate cheap shot to Brian Propp's head in the 1989 Playoffs. if he did this today he'd be suspended for 10 games at least. And this is the reason Hextall attacked him later in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRVXzQ3YuNM

which led to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2LrRgQZcM
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,646
    reading social media today I could be mistaken, but is the world ending today?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2017
    pdalowsky said:

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! lol

the way i see it, just gives people time to get ready for 2018 :)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    pdalowsky said:

I can't imagine what people must be saying on there. Glad I don't have Facebook. I verbally vomited all over the Raleigh thread last year and have realized a concert is not that big a deal to get worked up about on the internet.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,440
    pdalowsky said:

What's the good word there?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

Its the end of everything. The sky has fallen in. Its nothing short of the apocalypse.

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,440
    pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

Its the end of everything. The sky has fallen in. Its nothing short of the apocalypse.

Does that mean I don't have to pay my utility bill today?

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

Does that mean I don't have to pay my utility bill today?

that would definitely be a benefit to the world ending, don't have to pay those pending bills! lol
    Good news is maybe it's 1 year from last show, which means we could be in store for a Fall/Winter 2017 tour =) Glass half full...
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    bbiggs said:

Good news is maybe it's 1 year from last show, which means we could be in store for a Fall/Winter 2017 tour =) Glass half full...

• chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Silver lining could also be another Temple of the Dog run this summer or fall. I would bet on Riot Fest Chicago getting either Temple or Soundgarden.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

Love to see that post. Everything I saw where the minority showed some disappointment while most were chill and ok with the decision. What post are you talking about exactly?
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    Ok so this is my take, fwiw (not much):

Band was thinking of touring US at end of year, just like the sound engineer leaked, and would have announced it right after the HOF show aired. Would have sold a ton of tickets from the hype.

Band got together recently and had a meeting (same day they took that picture wearing Jeff ament's women's equality shirt), and they decided a few things, including to invite all the past drummers to the HOF.

Band doesn't want to be seen as a nostalgia act, and didn't feel right about touring with no new material and be seen as riding the HOF announcement. So they decided to "cancel" the tentatively planned tour and wait until they have new material.

I remember similar reluctance around PJ20 and that kind of pushed them into the studio.

Hopefully they do get in the studio before too long, inspired to do something amazing.
  • Apollo23Apollo23 Posts: 20
    Hopefully during HOF attention in a couple weeks the media will ask the band about future tour and we get a clear answer. Like someone else said, a retired hockey player is our source right now.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    for those in the know, let's get some confirmation.
    PJNB said:

pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

Love to see that post. Everything I saw where the minority showed some disappointment while most were chill and ok with the decision. What post are you talking about exactly?
    its in between the threads about whether you'd choose a vibrator or a dildo, a hamburger or a hotdog, and whether de niro or pacino is your favourite.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    pdalowsky said:

PJNB said:

pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

its in between the threads about whether you'd choose a vibrator or a dildo, a hamburger or a hotdog, and whether de niro or pacino is your favourite.

I watched godfather 2 the other day so I m gonna go with deniro and hamburger. Not sure about option 1.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

pdalowsky said:

PJNB said:

pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

I watched godfather 2 the other day so I m gonna go with deniro and hamburger. Not sure about option 1.
    It was DeNiro with a candlestick in the conservatory
    mcgruff10 said:

pdalowsky said:

PJNB said:

pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

Lol...The real question now becomes Godfather 1 or 2? That's a tough one.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    I'm not expecting anything PJ wise, but probably more EV shows here in the states.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    verceman said:

Ok so this is my take, fwiw (not much):

Band was thinking of touring US at end of year, just like the sound engineer leaked, and would have announced it right after the HOF show aired. Would have sold a ton of tickets from the hype.

Band got together recently and had a meeting (same day they took that picture wearing Jeff ament's women's equality shirt), and they decided a few things, including to invite all the past drummers to the HOF.

Band doesn't want to be seen as a nostalgia act, and didn't feel right about touring with no new material and be seen as riding the HOF announcement. So they decided to "cancel" the tentatively planned tour and wait until they have new material.

I remember similar reluctance around PJ20 and that kind of pushed them into the studio.

Hopefully they do get in the studio before too long, inspired to do something amazing.

very plausible.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,764
    JojoRice said:

I'm not expecting anything PJ wise, but probably more EV shows here in the states.

Hope so!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Pearl Jam just released a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year message on you tube.

WTF does that mean?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168

Pearl Jam just released a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year message on you tube.

WTF does that mean?

that the year Chelios was talking about taking off is now over??? :rock_on:
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    bbiggs said:

mcgruff10 said:

pdalowsky said:

PJNB said:

pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

tough one! we can all agree that godfather 3 was terrible!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:

bbiggs said:

mcgruff10 said:

pdalowsky said:

PJNB said:

pdalowsky said:

100 Pacer said:

pdalowsky said:

tough one! we can all agree that godfather 3 was terrible!!!
    AGREED!!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170