• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    TOLEDOOOO, OHIOOO!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PernillePernille Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 114
    There's a lot of talk about the boys closing arenas.
    I think they should come to Copenhagen and open our new Royal Arena which is planned to open in early 2017 :smiley:

2000: Roskilde
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Copenhagen
    2010: London
    2012: Copenhagen
    2014: Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Stockholm
    2016: MSG1, MSG2
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    May 2017. CLEVELAND.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,613
    ryph raph said:

May 2017. CLEVELAND.

^
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    CL286295 said:

intodeep said:

JojoRice said:

Hope they make a slight detour and hit Atlanta. The Bonnaroo festival screwed us Georgia folks.
    Greenville was awesome though!

That would be great.
    Music Midtown in 2012..... the last actual pearl jam show was 2003

It's hard to believe that Atlanta has not gotten a regular show in 13 years. 13 years!
    Nashville hasn't had a show since 2003 either. Stupid Bonaroo
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,311
    Pernille said:

I think they should come to Copenhagen and open our new Royal Arena which is planned to open in early 2017 :smiley:

That is stunning!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    edited May 2016

to say "1 show since 2009" is techically true... but man they played a lot of shows in the area from 09-13. 09 there was a show in Vacouver, 2 in Seattle, and one in "Portland" (actually a venue in Southern WA). 2013 they played Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, and Spokane.
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486

It fucking sucks being a Pearl Jam fan in Seattle, it use to be the shit, I am sure a lot of it has to do with ticket & media requests, because it is probably 10 times worse than any other place they play, so then play the fucking Gorge! 2014 was my last show, and I had to travel to Memphis to see it, and Memphis is not an easy back and forth with no direct flights. Sincerely, Showless in Seattle

Lol you got no idea how easy north america has it!!

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Sandy66 said:

This was on an Australian website today..

"Pearl Jam have enjoyed an enduring love affair with Australia so fans are holding their breath for the rockers to announce a down under leg for their 25th anniversary tour.
    Their local promoter Michael Chugg is currently overseas meeting with managers and agents to secure summer shows for a range of acts and hopefully will return with good news about Pearl Jam."

Let's hope Aussies :)

If they're dumb enough to call it the 25th anniversary tour then no credit.
  • gjv76gjv76 Posts: 33
    It's been 22 years since Rochester NY had a show! Screw Buffalo, Syracuse and Albany! ROCK the ROC!!!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Australia?
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,325
    edited July 2016
    Wouldn't be shocked to see them play a festival in the Northeast US. Firefly might make sense and they fit the bill for the type of artist who has played there in recent years. Governor's Ball could also be in play. And don't count out Boston Calling, which is looking to significantly expand the size of the festival (moving from downtown Boston out to Allston on the huge Harvard Athletic complex).
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Wouldn't be shocked to see them play a festival in the Northeast US. Firefly might make sense and they fit the bill for the type of artist who has played there in recent years. Governor's Ball could also be in play. And don't count out Boston Calling, which is looking to significantly expand the size of the festival (moving from downtown Boston out to Alston on the huge Harvard Athletic complex).

my GF just said yesterday she thinks Firefly could be 2017
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    Pernille said:

Yah, cuz Forum is horrible. Even though the 2007 show is GOAT.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

It fucking sucks being a Pearl Jam fan in Seattle, it use to be the shit, I am sure a lot of it has to do with ticket & media requests, because it is probably 10 times worse than any other place they play, so then play the fucking Gorge! 2014 was my last show, and I had to travel to Memphis to see it, and Memphis is not an easy back and forth with no direct flights. Sincerely, Showless in Seattle

That's easy to answer - just listen to what Eddie says about you as a crowd on the shows directly after Seattle. haha.

"If we come up here to often, maybe you turn into a shit crowd too" or whatever he said in Vancouver after the Seattle concert.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I'm thinking one nordic date, and have it at Ullevi. Don't know if they can sell out the capacity of 70.000 though.

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    Still holding out hope for Atlanta.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Lets get a Toledo show in the next tour
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Adam777Adam777 Posts: 18

Lets get a Toledo show in the next tour

Man there is a big showing of Toledo, OH. Just saw an old thread about us from Toledo. Would be awesome. If they do come I would stand in line at the venue no matter what. I got front row when I saw Tool live and I showed up 2 hours before tickets went on sale. I think I'm going to do that with any show around Ohio and Michigan especially if I don't get 10C tickets. FYI since I'm 4 hours away from Chicago I talked with wrigley box office about the upcoming show and she mentioned to call around 2 days in advance bc they sometimes get additional seats bc the band and friends of the band sometimes doesn't fill out all there seats. Shhhhh that's a secret.
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Las Vegas has gotten short shrift lately. They've got the new T-Mobile arena now... I bet PJ would enjoy christening it with a kick ass set.

Coachella would be swell, too.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Western US has to be next...right? After Baseball Season Ed?
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    JojoRice said:

I don't think they like us much here in the Peach State, my friend.

rbhester said:

JojoRice said:

I honestly think they tried to play atlanta this year and then couldnt work it out in the dates they would have needed so they changed course to greenville instead.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212

rbhester said:

JojoRice said:

I honestly think they tried to play atlanta this year and then couldnt work it out in the dates they would have needed so they changed course to greenville instead.
    Maybe, but I always remember Ed's rant about voting laws in GA @ Music Midtown, and then those thugs that robbed Jeff. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just the impression I get. I went to Greenville nonetheless, and Jax and Tampa... I'm just glad they were in my driving distance a few times in April that I was able to catch!

• gus stillsgus stills Posts: 335
    Man, I've seen three shows in Seattle over the years, and all the 05-6 Gorge shows. I don't get the hate for Seattle shows...the second show in 2000 was ridiculous. I had 10c seats night one, and it was fun...but from my seats in the back night two, that place was on fire. As was the band. I've seen great shows in Portland (98), not as great (2000) and great again for LB. Some nights are just better than others, doesn't matter where you go.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    I think Bonnaroo was another reason they couldn't play Atlanta.

Speaking of closing arenas/venues, why not the Georgia Dome??!

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    myoung321 said:

Western US has to be next...right? After Baseball Season Ed?

I asked Jeff about Western US shows at the RNDM show in Seattle in March and he told me they would happen in about a year to a year and a half. I don't think a new album will be out before Fall 2017, so if they played the Western US in a year, that would be in the Spring and the only thing that comes to mind is they could do Coachella, which Kelly Curtis has said they will eventually play. Otherwise, I would think the year and a half that he mentioned would go along with a new album release and could be like the start of the Lightning Bolt tour.

I've been reading all the comments about Seattle crowds and think some of the issues would include the large guest list for the band. Those friends and family likely don't get as enthusiastic as big fans. After watching that Vancouver 2011 video where Eddie mentions the dead audience members in the front row, I started to think about how most of the early Ten Club members would have been from Seattle and the Northwest. If these people kept their memberships alive for 20 years, then they would be well into their 40s and probably not as enthusiastic as younger Ten Club members. With seated shows, these older fans would be in the very front. That may have affected the 2009 Seattle shows. The aging Ten Club membership is probably what led them to go to GA shows in the front after the 2011 tour.

With the high amount out of town people at Seattle show, it means not a lot of Seattle people have seen the band live. It's hard to keep them enthusiastic when they don't have a chance to see the band. For fans under 30, they really have only had the 3 shows since 2002 to even see them and probably werent even able to get tickets.
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I don't think the band will ever go back to seating where long-time members get seats up front anymore... I was at the Vancouver 2011 show and I was in the back losing my fucking mind, wishing I was up front losing my fucking mind.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

I don't think the band will ever go back to seating where long-time members get seats up front anymore... I was at the Vancouver 2011 show and I was in the back losing my fucking mind, wishing I was up front losing my fucking mind.

Certainly not at a place like Fenway Park. ;)

This weekend we rock Portland
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557
    Man closing the Joe would be amazing!!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!