We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• jnikojniko Posts: 291
    edited May 2016
    Grateful Dead made their home in San Francisco and played a ton of shows. Pearl Jam should do the same in Seattle with yearly new years shows and regular shows throughout the year
    Post edited by jniko on
  • jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    edited May 2016
    Stockholm had to wait 12 years, between 2000 and 2012, for Pearl Jam to return, so my sympathy with youse guys will have to be on hold for a while ;-)
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,650
    the festivals in Europe next summer are bound to be calling.

whilst I hope we get arena shows, the festivals are a huge draw these days
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I predict the next North American tour will be a stadium tour
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I also predict they will play the Joe Louis arena in 2017 to officially close it out
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,613
    I don't think the band is touring anywhere until the next album comes out
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    As long as the festivals keep throwing mad cash at them there will be dates.
    Just a question of which continent. My guess is that they are ready to take their families back to Europe or Australia.
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Hopefully a few NC dates
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

Seattle and Vancouver can be lame crowds because the fans have seen them there so many damn times over the years. I don't blame the band for taking a break from Seattle so they can build up demand again.

Whoa whoa, don't drag Vancouver into the apathetic we deserve something special and we aren't going to show emotion until we do group. Vancouver shows always rock because surprisingly most of the elitist PJ fans won't come to Van if they are playing Seattle which means those of us who just want to rock the fuck out get to be there. There was an almost night and day difference in 2013, Vancouver was on fire as far as the crowd went, was only good in Seattle. The band responds to the crowds, better crowds happier band better setlists/energy.
    Also don't be all butthurt because you moved to Seattle to try and be closer to the band and they play other places, that is your issue not the bands.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    nicknyr15 said:

Wasn't there a Detroit rumor? Closing out the joe ? That'd be insane.

That was the "rumor"
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Sasquatch Festival 2017. You heard it here first! :sunglasses::smiley:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The part around 1:46:00 where Eddie says that there are a few people in the front row showing no energy whatsoever, you mean?

Hey, I love Vancouver. It gave us the birth of angry Eddie for the lame security at Town Pump back in 1991, and it gave us the rebirth of GA after its lame crowd in 2011.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Seattle and Vancouver can be lame crowds because the fans have seen them there so many damn times over the years. I don't blame the band for taking a break from Seattle so they can build up demand again.

Whoa whoa, don't drag Vancouver into the apathetic we deserve something special and we aren't going to show emotion until we do group. Vancouver shows always rock because surprisingly most of the elitist PJ fans won't come to Van if they are playing Seattle which means those of us who just want to rock the fuck out get to be there. There was an almost night and day difference in 2013, Vancouver was on fire as far as the crowd went, was only good in Seattle. The band responds to the crowds, better crowds happier band better setlists/energy.
    Also don't be all butthurt because you moved to Seattle to try and be closer to the band and they play other places, that is your issue not the bands.
    Glad to know I'm not an 'elitist' fan... ;)
    I'm up for rocking Vancouver AND Seattle...maybe the wrong people are in GA or on the rail. Put me on the rail in Seattle and I will lose my shit. (as long as I don't have pneumonia like at the last show), and I have some other people to bring up there with me that will guarantee to put energy into the band.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    RKCNDY said:

I'm up for rocking Vancouver AND Seattle...maybe the wrong people are in GA or on the rail. Put me on the rail in Seattle and I will lose my shit. (as long as I don't have pneumonia like at the last show), and I have some other people to bring up there with me that will guarantee to put energy into the band.
    :smiley:Hello, RK!
    ELITIST FUK
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026
    my2hands said:

I also predict they will play the Joe Louis arena in 2017 to officially close it out

Here's to wishful thinking!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,287
    my2hands said:

I predict the next North American tour will be a stadium tour

I hope not, outside of baseball stadiums. I agree with a previous post about the band playing shows in North Carolina soon
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    They should make a stop in Toledo, OH! I mean, the last time was...2004?!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

:smiley:Hello, RK!
    hi Suz! (just don't hand me a cowbell... :blush:)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    I agree on Vancouver. Every show I've seen in Vancouver has been pretty off the walls. '98, '00, '03, '05, '09 (although I wasn't at that one, I was told it rocked some serious ass), '11 (I thought the overall crowd was pretty good, even if if some people up front didn't like ole).

Vancouver 2013 was so good, and the crowd was so into it, that I think it broke into my top 5. Something that hadn't been done in looooong time. I might even put it at #3 behind gorge '05, and boise 2000. I completely agree about the comments about Vancouver being underrated because 10c'ers don't go to the shows there. Thus there aren't alot of us to talk about how good the Vancouver shows are.

Seattle is Bipolar. I've seen some kickass shows (#2 '98, #2 '00, Gorge 05, Gorge I&II '06). Even 2013 was pretty good (but no Vancouver).

My question is would we get a Vancouver show if they're already playing Pemberton this year? I know Pemberton isn't Vancouver, but it's like saying the Gorge isn't Seattle. The majority of attendees are coming from the big city, so that's the same market. It would be cool to get a Vancouver one, but I am wondering if maybe we get a Standalone Seattle show without a Vancouver show.

The post above about a PJ stadium tour. I'm not convinced the band is big enough. Sure they can sell out Wrigley and Fenway in some of the most densely populated areas of the US. I'm not sure they can sell 45000+ seats at a whole tour's worth of cities. I imagine they'll keep doing them in the cities big enough to support it, but keep playing arenas everywhere else.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,613
    Zod said:

I agree on Vancouver. Every show I've seen in Vancouver has been pretty off the walls. '98, '00, '03, '05, '09 (although I wasn't at that one, I was told it rocked some serious ass), '11 (I thought the overall crowd was pretty good, even if if some people up front didn't like ole).

Vancouver 2013 was so good, and the crowd was so into it, that I think it broke into my top 5. Something that hadn't been done in looooong time. I might even put it at #3 behind gorge '05, and boise 2000. I completely agree about the comments about Vancouver being underrated because 10c'ers don't go to the shows there. Thus there aren't alot of us to talk about how good the Vancouver shows are.

Seattle is Bipolar. I've seen some kickass shows (#2 '98, #2 '00, Gorge 05, Gorge I&II '06). Even 2013 was pretty good (but no Vancouver).

My question is would we get a Vancouver show if they're already playing Pemberton this year? I know Pemberton isn't Vancouver, but it's like saying the Gorge isn't Seattle. The majority of attendees are coming from the big city, so that's the same market. It would be cool to get a Vancouver one, but I am wondering if maybe we get a Standalone Seattle show without a Vancouver show.

The post above about a PJ stadium tour. I'm not convinced the band is big enough. Sure they can sell out Wrigley and Fenway in some of the most densely populated areas of the US. I'm not sure they can sell 45000+ seats at a whole tour's worth of cities. I imagine they'll keep doing them in the cities big enough to support it, but keep playing arenas everywhere else.

The only ballparks I think they could sell out are Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee/Citi, citizens bank (philly), San Francisco, Safeco and then Busch in StLouis if it was a destination type of event
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    they sell out Comerica in Detroit ;)
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905

The only ballparks I think they could sell out are Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee/Citi, citizens bank (philly), San Francisco, Safeco and then Busch in StLouis if it was a destination type of event

Yah I'm thinking the big megatroplis of America. The ones with with over 10 million people in the area. You don't actually see too many stadium shows in Seattle as it's smaller. I'm not 100% PJ would sell out a stadium there. Maybe? I guess people would travel to see PJ in their hometown.. 54000 tickets for a Seattle show for 1 night. That's a helluva lot harder than 20000 tickets to the same people for two seperate nights.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,344

they sell out Comerica in Detroit ;)

...and the Skydome ...er, Rogers Centre in Toronto.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,344
    Zod said:

Yah I'm thinking the big megatroplis of America. The ones with with over 10 million people in the area. You don't actually see too many stadium shows in Seattle as it's smaller. I'm not 100% PJ would sell out a stadium there. Maybe? I guess people would travel to see PJ in their hometown.. 54000 tickets for a Seattle show for 1 night. That's a helluva lot harder than 20000 tickets to the same people for two seperate nights.
    Very good point...PJ has a lot of great die hard fans but do they have a lot of "casual" ones?
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,746

East Coast is where the $$$ is.....

that's funny cause shit sure is hella expensive here, and it is not like they can't go sleep in their own beds before and after the show, so the much lower expenses has to offset a lot of that, also it's not like they can't just play 3 shows here whenever they want, even if they aren't touring
    Good point.

They could easily announce "We're playing two shows in Seattle next Monday and Tuesday. 10C sale starts now (Monday), closes on Wednesday and public sale starts Friday."

THAT is how you cater toward the local fans...make it difficult for people to travel.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    my2hands said:

full disclosure: i have never seen PJ in the city of Seattle... but over the years I have heard the same theme, PJ in Seattle isn't all that amazing as you would think, especially the crowds... maybe people out west think they are too cool to show passion or emote?

but, when we went out to Seattle in 2005 for the gorge show I was shocked by the lack of locals interest in Pearl Jam... literally everyone we talked to was just like "yeah, I loved Ten in high school" or just looked at us like we were losers when we mentioned we came out to see the band... everyone just seemed very indifferent... and when we arrived at the gorge I asked about 100 random people where they were from and ZERO were from the pacific northwest, let alone Seattle...

long story short, I have zero interest in seeing them in Seattle... the gorge is another story, which has everything to do with the venue and visiting the wonderful city of Seattle while out there, and nothing to do with PJ playing in the Seattle area

I wonder if they've moved on to Macklemore and Lewis.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    PP193448 said:

How about Columbus OH. Been without PJ since 2010.

Columbus, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo late 2017 after new music drops.
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    edited October 2016

There better be a Cleveland 2017 rumor to go along with the Detroit 2017 rumor

Just sayin

Then they could mosey on down to Charleston, WV...perhaps by way of Columbus? (BTW, Charleston Civic Center is getting a multi-million dollar overhaul and construction supposed to be completed in spring '17 last I heard).
    Post edited by BRAIN0FJAY on
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...