We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I have not heard any rumors about a show in Seattle. ;)
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    intodeep said:

JojoRice said:

Hope they make a slight detour and hit Atlanta. The Bonnaroo festival screwed us Georgia folks.
    Greenville was awesome though!

That would be great.
    Music Midtown in 2012..... the last actual pearl jam show was 2003

Exactly! We are definitely overdue for a show. Ever since Jeff got mugged here, they've been avoiding us for the most part.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:

full disclosure: i have never seen PJ in the city of Seattle... but over the years I have heard the same theme, PJ in Seattle isn't all that amazing as you would think, especially the crowds... maybe people out west think they are too cool to show passion or emote?

but, when we went out to Seattle in 2005 for the gorge show I was shocked by the lack of locals interest in Pearl Jam... literally everyone we talked to was just like "yeah, I loved Ten in high school" or just looked at us like we were losers when we mentioned we came out to see the band... everyone just seemed very indifferent... and when we arrived at the gorge I asked about 100 random people where they were from and ZERO were from the pacific northwest, let alone Seattle...

long story short, I have zero interest in seeing them in Seattle... the gorge is another story, which has everything to do with the venue and visiting the wonderful city of Seattle while out there, and nothing to do with PJ playing in the Seattle area

I don't think it's shitty fans. I think it's just overexposure. I would imagine that most hometown bands would get that after a while. "eh, seen them 10 times this year, that's enough". On a much smaller scale, The Watchmen were a very popular band nationwide in Canada in the 90's, but after they got big, interest in them in Winnipeg, their hometown, waned, because so many people who were fans had already seen them live several times already.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited May 2016
    3days said:

Saw PJ in Seattle in 2013... Great long show! The crowd was okay. Not the best I've ever seen, but a far cry from the worst. A lot was made about EV having to encourage the crowd to sing at one point. I didn't see the big deal, as this has happened at plenty of other shows.
    Sometimes I wonder if the expectations for Seattle shows are too high just because it's Seattle.

that was the final show of a tour with only 1 show in Seattle... do that in philly/east coast and the building wouldn't be left standing
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,292
    So when is the arena suppose to close?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

full disclosure: i have never seen PJ in the city of Seattle... but over the years I have heard the same theme, PJ in Seattle isn't all that amazing as you would think, especially the crowds... maybe people out west think they are too cool to show passion or emote?

but, when we went out to Seattle in 2005 for the gorge show I was shocked by the lack of locals interest in Pearl Jam... literally everyone we talked to was just like "yeah, I loved Ten in high school" or just looked at us like we were losers when we mentioned we came out to see the band... everyone just seemed very indifferent... and when we arrived at the gorge I asked about 100 random people where they were from and ZERO were from the pacific northwest, let alone Seattle...

long story short, I have zero interest in seeing them in Seattle... the gorge is another story, which has everything to do with the venue and visiting the wonderful city of Seattle while out there, and nothing to do with PJ playing in the Seattle area

I don't think it's shitty fans. I think it's just overexposure. I would imagine that most hometown bands would get that after a while. "eh, seen them 10 times this year, that's enough". On a much smaller scale, The Watchmen were a very popular band nationwide in Canada in the 90's, but after they got big, interest in them in Winnipeg, their hometown, waned, because so many people who were fans had already seen them live several times already.
    that would make sense if PJ played more than 3 shows in the last 13 years in Seattle.... but they haven't

in 2013 they played 1 show in Seattle to close a tour... after only playing Seattle 2 times the 10 years prior (2009)... that crowd and that show should have been legendary...
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    can we get through 2016 first before my wallets takes another beating :lol:
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,344
    nicknyr15 said:

mcgruff10 said:

oh wow! sounds like i'm going to detroit! lol

Highly recommended. 2014 was worth the long drive. Amazing show and there's so much history in that building.
    Redemption opportunity?
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    How about Columbus OH. Been without PJ since 2010.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • CL286295CL286295 Posts: 20
    intodeep said:

JojoRice said:

Hope they make a slight detour and hit Atlanta. The Bonnaroo festival screwed us Georgia folks.

That would be great.

It's hard to believe that Atlanta has not gotten a regular show in 13 years. 13 years!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    CL286295 said:

intodeep said:

JojoRice said:

That would be great.

It's hard to believe that Atlanta has not gotten a regular show in 13 years. 13 years!
    I know. It's a shame. One of the biggest cities in the US and we get shafted tour after tour.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    The Red Wings will be moving to the new arena (*cough* Little Caesars arena *cough*) in late 2017, so I'd imagine stuff at the Joe will still take place through next summer.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 468
    Sprunkn7 said:

Oh Geezzz, I'm still searching for a Friday Fenway ticket!

I hope PJ gives love to Seattle AND or The Gorge in 2017. I would head out for that!

Shit, Im hoping for a GORGE yet this year...
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
    Stopped Counting
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    PHILLY.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,516
    JojoRice said:

CL286295 said:

intodeep said:

JojoRice said:

That would be great.

I know. It's a shame. One of the biggest cities in the US and we get shafted tour after tour.
    One word: Houston
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    ComeToTX said:

JojoRice said:

CL286295 said:

intodeep said:

JojoRice said:

That would be great.

One word: Houston
    where's shep? lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,835
    Target Field in Minneapolis? One can dream!
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited May 2016
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

that would make sense if PJ played more than 3 shows in the last 13 years in Seattle.... but they haven't

in 2013 they played 1 show in Seattle to close a tour... after only playing Seattle 2 times the 10 years prior (2009)... that crowd and that show should have been legendary...
    Yeah, I agree that the "because Seattle knows them too well" theory doesn't work. They play other cities way more often than Seattle where the crowds are nuts for it. I blame what is known as the Seattle Freeze. It's real IMO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Freeze
    Vancouver suffers from kind of the same, but has seen a lot of improvement over the past 6 or 7 years. Might have been the 2010 Olympics that jolted us out of it. Whatever it was, I have noticed an improvement in Vancouver concert crowds during the 2010s. During all of the 2000s they were usually terrible, and even awkward (with a few clear exceptions that mainly included heavy metal acts like Iron Maiden and KISS). I feel like Seattle is lagging behind in dropping this strange phenomenon of what we can perhaps call the Pacific Chill. Maybe they need to host another World's Fair or something, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Wma31394 said:

It fucking sucks being a Pearl Jam fan in Seattle, it use to be the shit, I am sure a lot of it has to do with ticket & media requests, because it is probably 10 times worse than any other place they play, so then play the fucking Gorge! 2014 was my last show, and I had to travel to Memphis to see it, and Memphis is not an easy back and forth with no direct flights. Sincerely, Showless in Seattle

Who gives a shit about pj playing in Seattle when you can buy strands of sour diesel on your lunch break!! ;)
    well there is that, I live right off Aurora Ave and I have like 7 recreational dispensaries within like 2 miles
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,764
    This thread title is like the IV drip I needed today. Feeling the "shit it's time to get back to real life" shock after my little section of this tour is now over until August. Hook me up.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,904
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I agree that the "because Seattle knows them too well" theory doesn't work. They play other cities way more often than Seattle where the crowds are nuts for it. I blame what is known as the Seattle Freeze. It's real IMO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Freeze
    Vancouver suffers from kind of the same, but has seen a lot of improvement over the past 6 or 7 years. Might have been the 2010 Olympics that jolted us out of it. Whatever it was, I have noticed an improvement in Vancouver concert crowds during the 2010s. During all of the 2000s they were usually terrible, and even awkward (with a few clear exceptions that mainly included heavy metal acts like Iron Maiden and KISS). I feel like Seattle is lagging behind in dropping this strange phenomenon of what we can perhaps call the Pacific Chill. Maybe they need to host another World's Fair or something, lol.

It's funny I was at springsteen show about 3 or years ago and crowd went apeshit. Everystone, hand's in air, rocking the F out. I'd only ever seen that for Pearl Jam before. Pearl Jam was usually immune to the Vancouver chill (pretty much every show from '98 to 2013 rocked out except for maybe '11 where people showed underappreciate for ole.. lol).

I've often wondered if it's not Seattle at all. The thing about the Seattle show's is it seems most of the people there traveled in to see their favorite band play their hometown. Maybe there's too many diehard PJ fans at Seattle shows, that the bar is that much higher. That being said when they've brought it like Gorge 05, or the 2nd Seattle show in '00, the crowd responds. Chicken and the Egg problem I guess. Is the crowd not as good as Phillie or is the band not trying hard as if they were in philly :) Those '09 shows with where they barely put in 2 hours, and rarities/covers in the encore were similar both nights, followed by a single show in 2013 (when everything pointed to 2, it sold out in 6 seconds, and they've always done two at Key Arena dating back to the 90s). I can't imagine if the band came out played one of their first five albums front to back, and then finished the set with an amazing selection of songs, that the place wouldn't go apeshit.

I didn't think 2013 was that bad though. From behind the stage I could see the whole Arena and the arena looked very much into it. I didn't think it was as good as Vancouver, but I was up in the rafters behind the stage, it's hard to compare show with bad seats to one where you were on the floor soaking it all in :) I got to hear breathe and let me sleep. That was pretty sweet.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    rummy said:

nicknyr15 said:

mcgruff10 said:

oh wow! sounds like i'm going to detroit! lol

Highly recommended. 2014 was worth the long drive. Amazing show and there's so much history in that building.
    Redemption opportunity?
    I will drive to Toronto and kidnap you. You better
    Not miss this show if it happens.
    Missing Release->Oceans almost put you in therapy hahah
  • Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Akkus I wish it was true that the band was doing a 10 club show in Louisville! Would be nice
  • Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226
    This was on an Australian website today..

"Pearl Jam have enjoyed an enduring love affair with Australia so fans are holding their breath for the rockers to announce a down under leg for their 25th anniversary tour.
    Their local promoter Michael Chugg is currently overseas meeting with managers and agents to secure summer shows for a range of acts and hopefully will return with good news about Pearl Jam."

Let's hope Aussies :)
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,344
    I apologize that I have nothing of any substance to add here except for good vibes and big hopes. I attended the two Toronto shows last week and they were epic - but I need more!

It's never enough, is it?
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    pjalive21 said:

Word
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,287
    Sandy66 said:

"Pearl Jam have enjoyed an enduring love affair with Australia so fans are holding their breath for the rockers to announce a down under leg for their 25th anniversary tour.
    Their local promoter Michael Chugg is currently overseas meeting with managers and agents to secure summer shows for a range of acts and hopefully will return with good news about Pearl Jam."

Hopefully arena shows in Australia are happen for our friends down under.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    Wasn't there a Detroit rumor? Closing out the joe ? That'd be insane.
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    pjalive21 said:

this!

and i am still trying to get to fenway 1 to go with 2! :lol:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    Australia has never had a non album tour, they've always come in support of an album... 95 Vitalogy, 98 Yield, 03 Riot Act, 06 Avacado, 09 Backspacer 14 LB. We weren't part of the No Code or Binaural tours. With the shows we've seen lately I would be stoked with a non album tour! Although if they didn't come till late '17 then a new album could've landed. Late 16 or early 17 would be sweet!

Sandy66 said:

Hopefully arena shows in Australia are happen for our friends down under.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14