Options

*** New York, NY Fanviews Here 5/2/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Da kid has not missed a PJ show in his hometown since 96 Randall's 1 are we spoiled yeah!Da kids seen all the major iconic shows but at this point in Da Kids life he is just happy to be there.No ego about no GA or shitty seats nite 1 member from the board hooked Da kid up with a seat behind da stage on da chase bridge awesome sound as well as set list.Now nite 2 was going to be EPIc everyone said well it was Da kid saw the boys perform With cheap trick Sting and play his 2 fav songs in there history Present Tense right into Breath was please as well as everyone around da kid on the floor seats second section.Man da kid loves this band as well as its fans.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070

Da kid has not missed a PJ show in his hometown since 96 Randall's 1 are we spoiled yeah!Da kids seen all the major iconic shows but at this point in Da Kids life he is just happy to be there.No ego about no GA or shitty seats nite 1 member from the board hooked Da kid up with a seat behind da stage on da chase bridge awesome sound as well as set list.Now nite 2 was going to be EPIc everyone said well it was Da kid saw the boys perform With cheap trick Sting and play his 2 fav songs in there history Present Tense right into Breath was please as well as everyone around da kid on the floor seats second section.Man da kid loves this band as well as its fans.

This has to be the first time ever, I didn't run into you at any point during these, especially in New York.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    KF283313KF283313 Posts: 35
    Magic_NYC said:

Shout out to Ron and his brother in section 119. You guys were great.

I think part of the problem is some of us who were lucky enough to be at MSG II 2010 were hoping and it seems based on some posts, expecting something close to that. Which is crazy since that's widely considered as a top 5 boot. You had Slow-Lukin (still gives me chills), Hunger Strike and some real rarities.

However, this show's Encore 1 was definitely special. Take a good look at that list again. And across the way in 119 it sounded great.

Maybe some of us are having Philly envy since they got Ten in order, but if you thought this show was average, I respectfully disagree. And I didn't get 1 new song tonight. But what I did get was another PJ show with my sister, met some great people and watched the world's best band for nearly 3 hours.

Stay well everyone and I'll see you in Chicago.

You are totally right-- I was at the show in May 2010 which was just AMAZING and truly MAGICAL. I still get chills and tears listening to that show-- love listening to that "Betterman" and how the audience cheered for itself ... it was SO intense. That show (and Halloween 2009 Philly) kind of ruined any other show after that!! Set the bar so high! But I was definitely grateful to dance my ass off on Monday night w/ my new friend in the 400s rear stage section from Portugal, Joe. All PJ shows are special! <3
    if nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    goosefuzzgoosefuzz Posts: 40
    Shout out to everyone waiting in line for drop tickets for both shows. I missed out on the first night but the second night got great seats with great fans and my partner which made it all worthwhile.
    Adelaide '03, '06 x2, '09 and EV Solo x2 '11. New York '16 MSG2.
  • Options
    Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    I only did the line for the drop tickets for night 2.....and was rewarded with floor seats around 530! Kudos for those who did both days.....that was a long day but met some cool people in line!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Lightning Bolt has become my favorite song from Lightning Bolt. And live, it's absolutely killer!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    The moment every fan dreams of, and one of our own actually got to live it. Here's a still of the video I took of the magical moment. Jessica has the full video and I'm leaving that for her to share as she pleases but this moment captures everything I love about music fandom and Pearl Jam :heart:

PJ212 said:

This moment at this show is everything. Amazing. Thank you to Jessica and everyone at Two Feet Thick for adding fuel to the fan fire for so many years.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5QJI_x1vV2U

Suziemay said:

I saw Pearl Jam on the rail at MSG. I can die happy now! Energy at the Garden is simply amazing, I haven't stopped smiling.

My favourite moment was when they played Breath for Jessica! For a refresher on the Breath campaign in 1998: http://www.fivehorizons.com/tour/98/east_leg/breath.shtml

• Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,613
    Suziemay said:

The moment every fan dreams of, and one of our own actually got to live it. Here's a still of the video I took of the magical moment. Jessica has the full video and I'm leaving that for her to share as she pleases but this moment captures everything I love about music fandom and Pearl Jam :heart:

PJ212 said:

This moment at this show is everything. Amazing. Thank you to Jessica and everyone at Two Feet Thick for adding fuel to the fan fire for so many years.

Suziemay said:

I saw Pearl Jam on the rail at MSG. I can die happy now! Energy at the Garden is simply amazing, I haven't stopped smiling.

My favourite moment was when they played Breath for Jessica! For a refresher on the Breath campaign in 1998: http://www.fivehorizons.com/tour/98/east_leg/breath.shtml

That is fucking beautiful.
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    Lifted said:

Suziemay said:

PJ212 said:

Suziemay said:

Wow that is awesome!! Holy shit
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    Suziemay said:

PJ212 said:

Suziemay said:

Mailed in.

Lmao. Greatest band ever. Period.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    The shows were fucking incredible.

Yes there were repeats and not so many 'rarities' but seeing these shows with dear friends was magical. The hits are hits for a reason - they are incredible. They have people who don't do both shows to please, its a tricky balance. Im so glad I got to see the band at that arena. What a beautiful venue, and the floor moving was no where near as subtle as I imagined, the place bounces.

The merch situation is an absolute circus at this stage but the buzz around it is impossible to ignore.

The highlight of the shows were sharing them with the finest friends alive. Those are the memories that will last forever.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Karts said:

The Even Flow-Sirens couplet was exhausting. Left right away to be greeted by an Even Flow restroom line. Take a piss and then go for a craft beer refill in another line which refuses to move. With the song winding down, I give up and run 4 sections back to 115. Get really excited by what Eddie is saying and expect Army Reserve, instead they play Sirens which was just cruel. Run right back and get the damn beer.

I did too until I noticed the 12 string. Maaaaajor bummer haha
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I will say the even flow right into the 'intro' to Sirens was a bit awkward.

I was in the cluster that got the mic at the end of even flow. We were all smiling, laughing, high fiving, etc... right through EV's sad story choking him up about a late soldier. We all had to stop in our tracks and immediately 'sober up'.
  • Options
    jdesantis1983jdesantis1983 Posts: 411
    Suziemay said:

PJ212 said:

Suziemay said:

That's awesome. Frame that one on the wall, pure joy on both their faces captured at the perfect moment.
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    MayDay10 said:

I was in the cluster that got the mic at the end of even flow. We were all smiling, laughing, high fiving, etc... right through EV's sad story choking him up about a late soldier. We all had to stop in our tracks and immediately 'sober up'.

ive never actually articulated that but thats definitely happened to me at shows too. there should be an expression that covers that feeling: "holy shit what a moment, im smiling ear to ear.. wait ed's talking.. this is serious.. its got me too, but my smile is a milisecond late to what my brain is picking up.. STOP SMILING NOW, this isnt somehting anyone should smile at.. ok"
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    They have got to be doing 3 night runs minimum at MSG going forward! My Philly 2- MSG 2 (3) show run was a blink of an eye.

Had a complete blast this past week.....Happy Fenway is spread out. That's gonna hold me over for now
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    There is no reason they shouldn't be doing at least 7 show runs at MSG. They would sell out immediately and they could start a yearly thing not unlike what The Allman Bros do at the Beacon and Billy Joel does at MSG.

Just don't forget to cut me in on a small slice of the doe for this brilliant idea.
    CROJAM95 said:

They have got to be doing 3 night runs minimum at MSG going forward! My Philly 2- MSG 2 (3) show run was a blink of an eye.

Had a complete blast this past week.....Happy Fenway is spread out. That's gonna hold me over for now

• Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    KP_McMinn said:

Lifted said:

Suziemay said:

PJ212 said:

Suziemay said:

Wow that is awesome!! Holy shit
    Mailed in no, but it was a pretty weak setlist. Great show if you didn't go the night before.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    My review may be slightly jaded since I spent 8hrs in the cancellation/box office line but I still had a great time. Heard a bunch of songs on my personal list (Present Tense alone I worth the cost of the ticket for me)...and had Eddie standing 5 rows away in the crowd. Looking back at the setlist, sure...maybe not as many rarities played as people wanted, but from where I was sitting, the energy was great.

This show was so over hyped.....it really didn't have a chance to live up to all of the expectations imo. Since I'm within a 5hr drive, I will always go to these shows and have to deal with the fact that the shows are put on a pedestal in some way. For me, only seeing them every three years or so makes each show special no matter what they play. Although I'm not disappointed, I thought they would have played longer, especially on night 2.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    ^To be fair, night 2 was their 4th show in 5 nights.
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Official Video posted by the band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZwCAF4xyJQ
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,797
    MayDay10 said:

They do that a lot- not sure why
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options

Wow can u imagine that they have every concert in the quality in their vaults? we need access to these
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Luckytwn1 said:

They should play the same set (w/ a couple changes every other night) like 95% of the bands that tour regularly.

I'll bet every member of the band or their crew has, once or twice, said to one another, "That show was fuckin' tight, we killed it tonight! Let's see if the fans heard what we heard from the stage."

Then they just laugh their asses off when they read a standard like, "Quite a few repeats tonight," etc. etc. etc.

It's embarrassing.

It's not a fair comparison. Very few acts have fans seeing shows night after night and Pearl Jam is making huge amounts of money off those fans, both on tickets and merchandising (I mean do you have any idea how much they make off merchandise on a nightly basis? Not even Springsteen fans will wait on line two hours for a poster). So I don't think you understand how fortunate they are to have a fan base that is this devoted. I'm pretty sure they do.
    But if PJ played set lists like all those other bands they wouldn't have fans coming to shows night after night.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

This has to be the first time ever, I didn't run into you at any point during these, especially in New York.
    I can 2nd this. Felt weird not being called Skippy during show day
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

So awesome! The Police were my Pearl Jam before Pearl Jam. Would have loved to be there for this!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    pdalowsky said:

The shows were fucking incredible.

Yes there were repeats and not so many 'rarities' but seeing these shows with dear friends was magical. The hits are hits for a reason - they are incredible. They have people who don't do both shows to please, its a tricky balance. Im so glad I got to see the band at that arena. What a beautiful venue, and the floor moving was no where near as subtle as I imagined, the place bounces.

The highlight of the shows were sharing them with the finest friends alive. Those are the memories that will last forever.

Hey man, I saw you at Night1 show, a few meters to your right, to stone side but no chance to say hi at that moment. Seeing PJ at that venue was magical and the band was better than my every expectations but I am still looking forward to those raw Europe shows, hopefully next year.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    nicknyr15 said:

Wow can u imagine that they have every concert in the quality in their vaults? we need access to these
    I know. They are sitting on a motherlode
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I know. They are sitting on a motherlode
    It's insane!!
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Has selling DVDs ever been brought up with them? They could sell the pre-switched screen feed for like $20 a pop like the who and people would eat that shit up
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas