Options

*** New York, NY Fanviews Here 5/2/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830

mcgruff10 said:

Really truly shits me people are complaining bout the setlist, have you've become that much of a setlist snob where you have to dissect every show? Maybe don't go anymore and let someone else who doesn't give a shit bout seeing evenflow for the 20th or alive for the 15th time. Better yet you can take a break and get food and merch and piss during a song like black or porch or Jeremy. You got 10 repeats out of 64 songs and you got the guitar player and bass player from cheap trick playing no surrender and then you just randomly get Sting doing driven to tears with the band, are you fucking kidding me, wow that's awesome. I am truly so so glad I separated myself from this fanbase. With that being said it's time for me to go back to in hiding.

Christ some of you act like we are making fun of your first born. Relax, It s a show. Some people thought last night was the best thing since sliced bread and others didn't like the repeats/set list. It s all good because opinions are like you know what.
    I know I'm an asshole, proud of it too, pisses people off. I'm far from acting like it's my first born, just tired of people being entitled to something that wasn't there's and won't ever be. This is NOT FOR YOU, never was for you, well you know the rest. This band does it what it does, don't like it or are tired of only seeing 10 repeats, then stay the fuck home. Here's an even better idea, go to the bathroom or go get merch or get something to eat. Do you know how many fucking local people go shutout or had to go to the secondary market, a lot of people. This fanbase should be fucking grateful this band still puts out at a good concert for a great price and aren't like U2 or other bands. Few years back I saw Bruce at msg for $120, wanna know where my seat was, section 420. Last night I saw PJ in the same damn building and had GA for the same damn price.
    I mean after all the ticket master fees a 400 level seat for pj last night was $108....
    How do people act like that they are entitled because they don't like a damn set list from a concert?! Man my definition of entitlement is way different.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    edited May 2016
    Guess you can't have an opinion without being a entitled spoiled brat whatever.
  • Options
    whino33whino33 Posts: 12
    Get_Right said:

JC29856 said:

Yeah the sound could be better, yeah Ed missed a few lyrics and sounded a bit horse, but WTF do you expect? 4 shows in 5 nights can take it's toll!

Couldn't agree more - I was at Philly 1 and both MSG shows and my voice is pretty much gone just from singing along. The only negative thing about Pearl Jam is that they have been so good, for so long, that some of the fan base has become incredibly spoiled and it shows in the comments here.

Albany 4/29/03
    MSG - 6/25/05, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 5/20/10, 5/21/10
    Irving Plaza - 5/5/06
    E.Rutherford - 6/1/06, 6/3/06
    Newark - 5/18/10
    Philly - 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    Chicago - 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    adamg5 said:

Agree with the setlist or stop going to shows because this is obviously not for you. ;)
  • Options
    Yoeddy1Yoeddy1 Boise, Idaho Posts: 103
    During the "Man" run, I thought for sure MSG was going to get Dead Man as well either during the run or as an encore.

Jason
    Restless soul...enjoy your youth!
  • Options
    goatspergoatsper Posts: 34
    edited May 2016
    great time in ny!! ending my four nighs of pj in five days. damn!!! my throat is sore. how does eddie do it? oh yea, he knows how to sing, duh.... first things first. pearl jam and their fans are the best!!!!! we all rock!! great job by us!!! to all my new brothers and sisters in the pit. chris, dion ,jean, and everybody else, whose name i can't remember... thanks for the help with my son. saving us a spot up close. he now has something to top msg 2 in 2010, as his all time fav. concert!
    so........... my friend phungi , made a great point. the ranking of the shows and arguing which is best is futile, at best. i think every concert is great and a unique experience to be savored and put on a pedestal in your memory. if you didn't go to all the shows you would never complain. if you only saw one of the last four shows you would be blown away....right? first off anytime you're close to the band it is a spiritual experience regardless of the setlist. like i was in philly 2, msg 2. ( yes, i'm a dick for bragging) having said that. i rank philly 2...haha just kidding.. once again thanks to all. we rock!!
    Post edited by goatsper on
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    goatsper said:

the ranking of the shows and arguing which is best is futile, at best. i think every concert is great and a unique experience to be savored and put on a pedestal in your memory. if you didn't go to all the shows you would never complain. if you only saw one of the last four shows you would be blown away....right? first off anytime you're close to the band it is a spiral experience regardless of the setlist. like i was in philly 2, msg 2. ( yes, i'm a dick for bragging) having said that. i rank philly 2...haha just kidding.. once again thanks to all. we rock!!

I totally agree yet I just ranked some shows and I'll continue to do so lol. Love every time I see PJ.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i have spoken to at least 15 people that were at one of those shows and they have all said the same thing, that it was an insanely great concert for them, and what a special feeling it was to see that band live at the garden and they all loved the song selection. they loved the energy, they loved the fans. perfect was thrown out a few times, ideal a few others. these people all see one show a year, tops, if not one show every 3 years. but they all love pj, and they were all floored...multiple people actually said "i know it probably wasnt rare enough for you, but i could not have asked for a better show"

just something to think about for all us setlist of hits complainers (to which im a little guilty myself) they gave the people what they wanted and celebrated being a band 25 years later in their own special way..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    TremormanTremorman Posts: 381
    Anyone notice the first Boots are now up on the main page? I really like the Tampa setlist, hope it comes up later in the week!
  • Options
    jdesantis1983jdesantis1983 Posts: 411

Discopij said:

Can't believe people are complaining about a show that included Breath, Leash, Garden, and All or None in terms of rarities ... 2 great special guest covers ... and over 30 songs in total.

Completely agree. If you're feeling this way might be good to not go to as many shows, and it will make the next one that much better. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, hadn't seen the band in 3 years until Friday night, Philly 2 and MSG 2 were well worth the wait for me. I don't need to hear Sweet Lew, Hitch Hiker, Cropduster or Bugs and I think the band doesn't play those rarely heard songs because they don't want to hear them either, either way they'll sell out 2 nights in NY/Boston/Philly/Chicago/LA and other cities. They're playing what they want to play and that's all I care to hear. I don't collect songs so I'd take Evenflow or anything off of LB/Backspacer any day of the week off of some of the songs they rarely play that are hard to listen to. My brother loved his first PJ show, was cool to see a first timers perspective on it.

I went to see a great show and they didn't disappoint. Philly 2 and last night were just that. Can't wait for Fenway, and will relish these 2 shows I just went to until then. That encore of Beatles/All or None/Pendulum/Present Tense/Breath/SOLAT/Porch was incredible as was Betterman in the main set, and the covers/guests were a great surprise. Section 119 was rocking out all night, I was at Philly 2 also with similar seats and both crowds seemed about the same to me, very loud and very into it from where I was sitting. And honestly, I remember seeing more mass exits to the bathroom/concession stands during Philly 2 overall than last night, especially for Baba/YLB at the end when a lot more people cleared out at Philly. Seemed like more of the crowd stuck around last night. I would give Philly a slight edge over this show for me personally because of Ten, but MSG wasn't disappointing by a long shot.

I was in section 119 as well. On the back wall, so I did not have to worry about blocking anyone being 6'5" tall. :)

Tremendous show. So happy to have the privilege of seeing Cheap Trick and Sting play with the boys.
    We were on that back row too, row 22 I think it was, we were probably sitting right next to each other. I had to walk back to work to grab my laptop after the show because I was worried about something getting spilled on my bag in the row behind me. Wish I checked where the seats were beforehand, probably would have bought me an extra hour of sleep last night.
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    rlightrougerlightrouge Posts: 21
    Both unbelievable shows. I was pretty stoked with both of them. But I understand the complaints. New York has just lost out to Toronto in the last decade. It`s the place to be for PJ these days. Sorry but not sorry.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Really truly shits me people are complaining bout the setlist, have you've become that much of a setlist snob where you have to dissect every show? Maybe don't go anymore and let someone else who doesn't give a shit bout seeing evenflow for the 20th or alive for the 15th time. Better yet you can take a break and get food and merch and piss during a song like black or porch or Jeremy. You got 10 repeats out of 64 songs and you got the guitar player and bass player from cheap trick playing no surrender and then you just randomly get Sting doing driven to tears with the band, are you fucking kidding me, wow that's awesome. I am truly so so glad I separated myself from this fanbase. With that being said it's time for me to go back to in hiding.

Christ some of you act like we are making fun of your first born. Relax, It s a show. Some people thought last night was the best thing since sliced bread and others didn't like the repeats/set list. It s all good because opinions are like you know what.
    I know I'm an asshole, proud of it too, pisses people off. I'm far from acting like it's my first born, just tired of people being entitled to something that wasn't there's and won't ever be. This is NOT FOR YOU, never was for you, well you know the rest. This band does it what it does, don't like it or are tired of only seeing 10 repeats, then stay the fuck home. Here's an even better idea, go to the bathroom or go get merch or get something to eat. Do you know how many fucking local people go shutout or had to go to the secondary market, a lot of people. This fanbase should be fucking grateful this band still puts out at a good concert for a great price and aren't like U2 or other bands. Few years back I saw Bruce at msg for $120, wanna know where my seat was, section 420. Last night I saw PJ in the same damn building and had GA for the same damn price.
    I mean after all the ticket master fees a 400 level seat for pj last night was $108....
    How do people act like that they are entitled because they don't like a damn set list from a concert?! Man my definition of entitlement is way different.
    I'm not even gonna respond to you cause it's board members like you and many others who keep me away from this board and I'm glad people like you do so. I never ever once liked your posts, so silly me for wasting my time with you.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    mcgruff10 said:

adamg5 said:

Agree with the setlist or stop going to shows because this is obviously not for you. ;)
    Lol :)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790

Both unbelievable shows. I was pretty stoked with both of them. But I understand the complaints. New York has just lost out to Toronto in the last decade. It`s the place to be for PJ these days. Sorry but not sorry.

Philly would like to have a word with you
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    jimc3jimc3 Posts: 230
    Was there both nights. Had a blast at both. Night 2 had a great crowd. Sting was a highlight, great surprise and he sounded tremendous. Breath and then a totally rocking SOLAT was amazing. Ed in the middle of the crowd - literally center ice area - for the end of Porch was great too. Was hoping for at least 1 Binaural tune...oh well. Not a legendary top 5 all time show, just your average ol' PJ @ MSG phenomenal. I think they were spent from night 1 which had a lot of intense moments. Night 2 was just a big old PJ party. A ton of fun.

• Options
    goatspergoatsper Posts: 34
    edited May 2016
    one more thing.. was that the best black ever !!!!!!!! msg1 ???? or was i just tripping balls!!!!!! i was melting during mike's solo!!!!! oh yea, see everyone in Boston!!!!
    Post edited by goatsper on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

New York doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks about us, we know we're awesome :kiss:
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Suziemay said:

New York doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks about us, we know we're awesome :kiss:
    QFT
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    AmitFisherAmitFisher Posts: 115
    abulr said:

teskeinc said:

Whoever shot those videos above really rocks! Awesome job!

agreed... good work...
    anyone happen to get Evenflow on video, or the snippet where Eddie throws the mic to the crowd? trying to track that down... thanks!
    Me two - please share video if you have one (I'm the dude who got the mic :-). Thanks !
  • Options
    nycrats said:

abulr said:

teskeinc said:

agreed... good work...
    anyone happen to get Evenflow on video, or the snippet where Eddie throws the mic to the crowd? trying to track that down... thanks!
    i dunno but i was watching on the big screen, was really cool how the guy he threw the mic to wanted to get his neighbors involved and passed it around..
    Thanks :-) that was me , Ha ha - looking for the video , someone who took the main big screen shot, please share if you have it , thanks !!!
  • Options
    abulr said:

nycrats said:

abulr said:

teskeinc said:

agreed... good work...
    i dunno but i was watching on the big screen, was really cool how the guy he threw the mic to wanted to get his neighbors involved and passed it around..
    good point, am grateful to(for?) that dude :)
    Thanks! if you see any video capturing this moment please share, just so I can die in peace ...
  • Options
    edited May 2016

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I'm not even gonna respond to you cause it's board members like you and many others who keep me away from this board and I'm glad people like you do so. I never ever once liked your posts, so silly me for wasting my time with you.
    with over 13,000 posts you sure stay away a lot ;)
    and again, we are discussing a set list from a concert. relax.
    By the way, what do you guys think of lighting bolt in the second encore? Personally I love it.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    Did someone took video/pic when Eddie gave the mic to GA during Even Flow? It was me ... an I really like to see that again, if possible. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    It was a great show. Maybe not night one great but still great. Deep, Garden, Leash, Hide yla into All, was really nice and closing the first encore wit PT, state and Porch, what's not to like about that? And finally catching Driven after chasing it since missing it by one show at Buffalo many many years ago made MSG2 extra special.

See ya in Fenway!
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530

Cheap Trick? Sting?

Fun.

Congrats people. You might not have gotten Parachutes or some other song to complete your personal checklist... but you got a rock show.

Damn right.
  • Options
    veddie10veddie10 Posts: 13
    I dunno. I just wish the set list had been more like this.

Main set:
    Cover of Neil Young's Greendale from start to finish

First Encore:
    Red Dot
    Aye, Davanita
    Master/Slave
    Hummus
    The Whale Song
    Pry, To
    Eddie playing typewriter like at the end of Binaural

Second Encore:
    Bugs
    Heyfoxymophandlemama, that's me
    Mike and Boom duet of The Crying Game by Boy George

And Eddie would have me handwrite the set list, and after the show he would frame it and hang it over his bed in place of his wedding picture.

Anything less from this band is just such a letdown.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    veddie10 said:

I dunno. I just wish the set list had been more like this.

Main set:
    Cover of Neil Young's Greendale from start to finish

First Encore:
    Red Dot
    Aye, Davanita
    Master/Slave
    Hummus
    The Whale Song
    Pry, To
    Eddie playing typewriter like at the end of Binaural

Second Encore:
    Bugs
    Heyfoxymophandlemama, that's me
    Mike and Boom duet of The Crying Game by Boy George

And Eddie would have me handwrite the set list, and after the show he would frame it and hang it over his bed in place of his wedding picture.

Anything less from this band is just such a letdown.

You may be joking but that would be called "legendary" on these boards. Especially "typewriter".
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I thought the crowd & band were so awesome as everything exceeded my expectations. The band just gets better & better every night. I was at Philly I, II, and then NY2 and felt the show was a perfect topping to the last week of truly magical musical experiences (also having seen Bruce last Saturday at in Brooklyn, when he opened with Purple Rain).

Next up Chris Cornell, Radiohead, Guns N Roses, and then Pearl Jam both nights in Fenway to end this truly magical musical journey!
  • Options
    MD196505MD196505 CT Posts: 3
    Can't say enough, first MSG show, GA had some great energy, Great set/guests what more do you want? They bring it every show, and if you've been to multiple shows you are going to see duplicate songs, it's the moments with Cheap Trick, Sting, or OTOTOTO's that you always remember (and other's wish they were at the show). Embrace the uniqueness and appreciate the greatness, where else would you have rather been last night? Anyways, 10c fans are the best, brought my daughter (her 2nd show 1st with 10c seats) and everybody was great around her. We were right side of stage with a few people in front of us. A few people tried to move up from the back, but when they realized they were blocking her view they went back to where they were. At any rate, show ended way past her bedtime (she's unfamiliar with PJ's encores, obviously unaware in bootlegs when the encores start but she's used to 3 or 4 songs from other artists. Her first PJ show she was 10 and barely made it to the end). Didn't get home until around 3, so was a rough morning, but the tambourine she got from from Ed made her night and gave her a lifetime memory that she will always cherish. Ed gave it to her so didn't have to fight with adult fans as it sounded from a few other ones he threw out. Made her night and she's still raving about it. Saw Sting walk back stage before the show so thought something might be special later that night. Dennis Rodman watched the show from the side of the stage the whole night and was funny watching them interact while Mike was playing star Spangled Banner (Eddie seemed cool with Dennis, Sting I don't know). Looking forward to Fenway, but reliving the memories from last night,vcan't wait for the bootlegs.
    2006 - Arnhem, Vienna
    2008 - Hartford
    2009 -Philadelphia 3
    2010 - Hartford, Newark,
    2012 - MIA
    2013 - Hartford, Worcester 2
    2016 - MSG 2, Fenway 1
  • Options
    EL283436EL283436 Posts: 37
    fortunate to have been to many shows... but my top 3 are: Soldier Field 7/11/95 (sound track of my youth) Wrigley 7/19/13 MSG 5/21/10