Is this a new thing...may day shirt?

Comments

• Just saw it, not a bad design.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    edited May 2016
    not my cup of tea
    Post edited by cmalisze on
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    It's a mock-up, so it might be a bit different. Wish it was on gray or some other color.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    2016 PEARL JAM MAY DAY MENS & WOMENS SHIRT PRESALE

Mens ..http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=4615
    Womens .. http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=4622

Designed by Brad Klausen

Sweet!
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    A beautiful design indeed! Sure looks like pot leaves, doesn't it?
    I must admit, my first thought was "has Pearl Jam ever promoted pot use before?"
    Please don't get me wrong, but it seems a bit unusual to me from a band that has become so "kid-friendly" of late.
    I'm curious if the band - especially Eddie, has fully approved this design.
    I actually want to order the shirt but not if the design ends up being significantly altered (the post does say "Image is artist mock up, actual shirt may differ slightly.")
    Opinions please?
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    edited May 2016
    shecky said:

I must admit, my first thought was "has Pearl Jam ever promoted pot use before?"
    Please don't get me wrong, but it seems a bit unusual to me from a band that has become so "kid-friendly" of late.
    I actually want to order the shirt but not if the design ends up being significantly altered (the post does say "Image is artist mock up, actual shirt may differ slightly.")
    Opinions please?

Don't over-think it. If you like it, get it. And Pearl Jam being "more" kid friendly doesn't mean that Pearl Jam is kid friendly.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Dont be surprised if Ed does a solo Hawaii 78 tonight at MSG.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    cmalisze said:

looks too much like an affliction shirt for me

Yup
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
    This design would have been cool on a collared shirt.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

shecky said:

Opinions please?

Its not pot leaves. Its leaves in general....may day is about spring fertility.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2016
    DeLukin said:

shecky said:

Opinions please?

Don't over-think it. If you like it, get it. And Pearl Jam being "more" kid friendly doesn't mean that Pearl Jam is kid friendly.
    If you read my post carefully you'll see that I wrote "a band that has become so "kid-friendly" of late."
    And yes, I think the band - especially Ed - is VERY kid friendly at the shows.
    Eddie loves to see kid's at the shows - evidenced by all the attention (and tambourines) afforded them.
    And, I do like it and I did order one.
    Just trying to have a nice Sunday morning chat - isn't that what the Forum is for?
    Post edited by shecky on

shecky said:

Opinions please?

Its not pot leaves. Its leaves in general....may day is about spring fertility.

Could be, but they sure like the tiny little leaves that surround the pot buds to me.
    Very beautiful indeed!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I don't think it looks like pot leaves either but Eddie has mentioned numerous times on stage that he's happy pot is legal in Washington.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    At any rate, I think it's the best shirt design that Klausen and the band have put out in awhile.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I like American Apparel shirts - they are comfortable
    edited May 2016
    shecky said:

DeLukin said:

shecky said:

Opinions please?

If you read my post carefully you'll see that I wrote "a band that has become so "kid-friendly" of late."
    And yes, I think the band - especially Ed - is VERY kid friendly at the shows.
    Eddie loves to see kid's at the shows - evidenced by all the attention (and tambourines) afforded them.
    And, I do like it and I did order one.
    Just trying to have a nice Sunday morning chat - isn't that what the Forum is for?
    I believe you asked for opinions. I gave mine. Isn't that what the Forum is for???
    Post edited by DeLukin on
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

I like cheese too ;)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

edited May 2016
    Chill out man - yes, that is what the Forum is for.
    I corrected you because you misquoted me.
    When you write something in quotation marks (the word "more") it means you are quoting me.
    I'm done - this sure was fun!
    shecky said:

Chill out man - yes, that is what the Forum is for.
    I corrected you because you misquoted me.
    When you write something in quotation marks (the word "more") it means you are quoting me.
    I'm done - this sure was fun!

I disagree that PJ is a kid friendly band. That's my opinion. I'm glad you're done. You don't seem very open minded.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    myoung321 said:

I like cheese too ;)
    More of an ice cream guy :)
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    This has got to be the weirdest reason I've seen for the band to sell a shirt ... so far. I mean, there's political action in a lot of major cities on MayDay, but this shirt doesn't seem to have anything to do with that. As HFD mentioned, must be a spring thing. They could have just been, "Hey, new shirt in the Shop", but they went with a title/theme thing ... just bizarre.

Wondering what's next? Summer Solstice or Labour Day shirts? :i_dunno:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Well, if they do summer solstice shirts, and make them Seattle themed, they would probably have naked bicyclists on them...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Wow that is fugly shirt. Vomit inducing fugly. I don't like it at all.
  • i was wondering about that
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV