Options

*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/29/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Both shows we A++

PJ wasn't even the highlight of Philly for me. The 30 some hours with the group of people that I "knew" from here but really met for the first time on Thursday were the best part of this Philly experience.

Thanks 10c for the tix Thursday. I had a blast. See you next time.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,715
    MSG 1 wS awesome..... Philly 2 still top of my list of every concert that I've seen.
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

nycrats said:

nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

Which song did Ed start swinging the microphone? I remember it was early in the show.

Don't remember but does anyone remember Ed throwing his guitar OVER Matt to the guitar tech? I think during porch. Does he do that a lot? Been to a lot of shows but never seen this, it was pretty crazy and my biggest indicator that EV was more sober than usual.
    Wasn't actually over Matt. Just between him and stones baffles. Seen him do it a few times. Very Bruce
    from where i was it looked like it was over matt, crazy toss in any case.. very rock star
    It was definitely not over Matt, but I could how how it would look that way, depending on where you were sitting
    Ok I was more level with the band at msg and during porch he did it again and yeah it's not over Cameron but almost over his far right drum set.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 645
    edited May 2016
    can't touch the bottom

Post edited by Who I Am on
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748

I made the drive out to Philly from Pittsburgh for Philly night 2. All I kept thinking is one of the 2 nights was going to be epic and I had hoped that night 2 was the show to be at, and man was it ever! I am still on a high from that show. By far this was the best show I've ever been to, the band was on fire that night and the Philly crowd was the most active and engaged crowd I have ever been a part of at any concert I've been to. That night was magical and I have so many memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life because of this show, being up front on the rail is something I hope all of you get to experience, and this show from that vantage point will never be topped for me personally. Thank you Pearl Jam, thank you to the Philly crowd night 2 and to all of the amazing people I met that day, it couldn't have been more perfect!!

Long Live Pearl Jam!!

cool man, good post
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,715
    Still the best of the tour so far.
  • Options
    JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    ldent42 said:

imageimage

I'm pretty sure that top picture is mine. I was one back from rail on Stone's side. I also caught the arm pat from Stone to Ed. It was incredible to witness.

• Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Thanks for posting the setlist. First time I was happy for the scratched songs to be replaced. What a show
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    nicknyr15 said:

MSG 1 wS awesome..... Philly 2 still top of my list of every concert that I've seen.

completely agree!
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 645
    edited May 2016
    It was as if they went down in the basement and grabbed that dusty old MVP trophy from high school, shined the shit out of it and placed it front center on the mantel for one night with a bottle of wine. Will never forget that performance...please press that show PJ!
    Post edited by Who I Am on
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    avenathusavenathus Connecticut Posts: 29
    Ten for my 10th show... :)

The crowd was really amazing for Night 2. I ended up in a single seat among numerous other fans who were dancing and rocking out for the entire show. Really couldn't ask for anything more!
    "This is for Manchester, this is for Ellington, for New Britain, for Danbury... and all the liquor store owners in Colchester."
    ---
    Hartford 2006 | Hartford 2008 | Philly 4 2009 | Hartford 2010 | Boston 2010 | Hartford 2011 (EV) | Philly 2012 | Worcester 2013 | Hartford 2013 | Philly 1 2016 | Philly 2 2016 | Fenway 1 2016 | Barcelona 2018 | Fenway 1 2018 | MSG 2020 | MSG 2022 | Camden 2022 | Chicago 1 2023 | Chicago 2 2023
  • Options
    CG658530CG658530 Posts: 144
    jniko said:

Thanks for posting the setlist. First time I was happy for the scratched songs to be replaced. What a show

I can't see what was crossed off? I know they switched the placement Better Man but what other changes were there?
  • Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Supersonic, comatose and smile. Replaced with GTF, RVM AND Throw your hatred Down. Would have liked smile but Throw your hatred down more of a rarity for me
  • Options
    iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    Anyone have close up pics from behind the stage seating?
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Would've loved Supersonic. Don't like the tuned down Comatose very much
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    iimagine said:

Anyone have close up pics from behind the stage seating?

I tried to take a few pics and videos from behind the stage. My buddy and I were in Section 120 Only 1 picture came out good because my iphone takes shitty pictures.

I posted it in the Pearl Jam Philadelphia 2016 facebook page.
  • Options
    MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    Wow - it's Monday and I'm still picking up the pieces of my mind from being blown away friday night!!!! they came out on FIRE. energy level from the band was incredible. energy level from the crowd was wild especially once everyone realized what they were doing with 10. just awesome. decent 10c seats (had better for lightning bolt tour) but we had a great 10c section. everyone was on their feet for the whole 3 hours. epic.
  • Options
    jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    URthekey said:

We waited outside in the cold Philadelphia rain all night and day to get rail and were rewarded magnificently. This show...it was just beyond words. The crowd was so into it and the band could feel our love. I was right between Ed & Stone and at the end of the show,while Mike was absolutely killing YLB into SSB, I watched Ed go over to stone who was standing by the speakers, and just lay his head against Stone's back and rest there for a moment and Stone reached back to hold Ed's arm in this sort of embrace and they stayed like that for a minute or more and you could sense the intensity of their relationship and knew they too realized they just blew the fuckin roof off of Wells Fargo and accomplished something epic.

Thank you Pearl Jam, thank you 10c and thank you beautiful people who shared and cared and laughed and sang and rocked these past two days and nights with me.

Fuckin bring on MSG!
    I want moooorrreeeee. .......

We waited all night and day as well! I know some think it's ridiculous, but I would have waited even longer for that experience again. Had rail in Detroit and Wrigley (before the rain delay), but I don't think any rail experience will ever top that! I still can't even put into words Friday night. Every time I try, it's still a jumbled mess in my head.

I didn't know how I would feel about hearing an album played in full. Part of the excitement is not knowing what's coming, but I was BLOWN AWAY at just how intense it was to see it all unfold in front of us like the best present I have ever received. This is how most of us started with this band...couldn't help but to just cry at all the emotions building up. I always get anxious when I think about how it all came together...what if Jack Irons never handed Ed that tape? It's just too much.

The energy was amazing...I'm still in awe...

And then I got to hear All or None...geez...
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 393
    Incredible. What an experience. Night 1 was awesome. Night 2 was beyond epic. What is after epic? I don't know. It was life-changing. I don't mean to be dramatic, but it was one of those experiences you will never forget and relive in your mind for years and years. I was privileged to be a part of it.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    avenathus said:

Ten for my 10th show... :)

The crowd was really amazing for Night 2. I ended up in a single seat among numerous other fans who were dancing and rocking out for the entire show. Really couldn't ask for anything more!

Ten for my 10th show too!! :)
  • Options

nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

Which song did Ed start swinging the microphone? I remember it was early in the show.

Don't remember but does anyone remember Ed throwing his guitar OVER Matt to the guitar tech? I think during porch. Does he do that a lot? Been to a lot of shows but never seen this, it was pretty crazy and my biggest indicator that EV was more sober than usual.
    When did this happen? My friend was talking about it after the show but I didn't notice it.
    I saw that and it scared the shit out of me for whoever was on the receiving end of that for a moment!
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    this was my 24th show and its my 2nd fav of all time. msg 1 2003 (the dvd show) is still #1 but man this was close. my seats sucked but it didnt matter, probably the best crowd ive ever seen. everyone was standing, no beer runs, no bathroom runs, i was in the middle of my row and i didnt have to move 1 time to let someone by. thats literally never happened to me before. ten was just incredible. i was planning on going to both philly and msg shows but i have broken bone in foot so i could only manage 1 and i picked the right one. hopefully msg 2 doesnt make me regret not picking that one!
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Who I Am said:

It was as if they went down in the basement and grabbed that dusty old MVP trophy from high school, shined the shit out of it and placed it front center on the mantel for one night with a bottle of wine. Will never forget that performance...please press that show PJ!

this!
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    T-Bone 82 said:

Incredible. What an experience. Night 1 was awesome. Night 2 was beyond epic. What is after epic? I don't know. It was life-changing. I don't mean to be dramatic, but it was one of those experiences you will never forget and relive in your mind for years and years. I was privileged to be a part of it.

this too^

I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Without going all 'Dear Diary' on a public forum- it was the kind of night that you don’t wash your shirt to keep the “scent” close and personal. ;)
    More to say, but the words are stuck...best show ever for me, by miles.
    Post edited by embrace on

• Options
    Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380
    Many times I leave a show and want more. Not because it wasn't good, it's always fantastic when it's Pearl Jam, but because I just cannot get enough of this band. Ever.

I will say, I felt very content after this show. I was exhausted from the energy (both what I put out and what I received from the performance, and the crowd).

I have always wondered what the early shows were like.

I was 12 when I bought TEN. It was the very first album I owned. I've always wondered what I missed out on before I could attend the shows I wanted to see.

Somehow, this show makes me wonder no more. I cannot explain, it's not the same thing as the early years, but somehow this fulfilled that long lost quest for me. How magical is that? How on earth is it even possible? After all these years, I finally feel like I was there at the beginning. I finally feel like I found the part that was missed.

This show made me feel complete. Each song, bit by bit, from Once to Release, I relived the very first time I heard those songs, so many years ago. It was brand new and well worn at the same time. I cannot describe the feeling.

Thank you Pearl Jam for bringing me back in time Friday night... Bringing me back to my youth, and bringing me to a place I couldn't possibly have visited all those years ago, but now, I have.

Delight, Delight... Delight in our youth....
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    Had an awesome time too. My fave of 20+ shows. If someone would have said they were playing Ten beforehand I probably would've said I could take or leave it but I was so excited to hear it actually happening. Listening to that album through brings back a lot of memories as I'm sure it does for lots of ppl here. Sat behind the stage (sect 120, row 18) for the first time and liked the different vantage point. It's a good spot for short people...I was fairly close to the stage but not staring into peoples' backs. Made friends at the Wishlist party beforehand and with the couple next to me during the show. If you guys see this, get in touch. Wish I was going to MSG but I think this is gonna be a hard show to top
  • Options
    rjmddsrjmdds Posts: 1
    I suppose one could say that my friends and I hit the Pearl Jam lottery. This is my first post and Philly 2 was my FIRST show. I have been a PJ fan since I was a senior in college when Ten came out. I have all of their albums and have been listening to them for 25 years. I never had the opportunity to see them live for various reasons but decided to try for tickets for this show. I got 7th row side stage through the comcasttix.com website on the day of the on sale. At the time, I was not a member of the Ten Club so I had no early access. I just got damn lucky with incredible seats. My 3 friends and I recognized the epic nature of the set as it was occurring for OURSELVES, not realizing the epic nature of it to those that have seen the band so many times more than us. We are still pinching ourselves and can't believe what we witnessed. We just hit it right. It was an incredible night and I am left wondering what I have been missing for all of these years.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,395
    rjmdds said:

I suppose one could say that my friends and I hit the Pearl Jam lottery. This is my first post and Philly 2 was my FIRST show. I have been a PJ fan since I was a senior in college when Ten came out. I have all of their albums and have been listening to them for 25 years. I never had the opportunity to see them live for various reasons but decided to try for tickets for this show. I got 7th row side stage through the comcasttix.com website on the day of the on sale. At the time, I was not a member of the Ten Club so I had no early access. I just got damn lucky with incredible seats. My 3 friends and I recognized the epic nature of the set as it was occurring for OURSELVES, not realizing the epic nature of it to those that have seen the band so many times more than us. We are still pinching ourselves and can't believe what we witnessed. We just hit it right. It was an incredible night and I am left wondering what I have been missing for all of these years.

I get it man. Didn't see them until 2009 and was wondering what I was thinking. Congrats on your first show!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Came from Mass, brought the family. Spent thousands. Worth it. Soooo worth it.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02