Options

*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/29/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

Which song did Ed start swinging the microphone? I remember it was early in the show.

Don't remember but does anyone remember Ed throwing his guitar OVER Matt to the guitar tech? I think during porch. Does he do that a lot? Been to a lot of shows but never seen this, it was pretty crazy and my biggest indicator that EV was more sober than usual.
    When did this happen? My friend was talking about it after the show but I didn't notice it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

Which song did Ed start swinging the microphone? I remember it was early in the show.

Don't remember but does anyone remember Ed throwing his guitar OVER Matt to the guitar tech? I think during porch. Does he do that a lot? Been to a lot of shows but never seen this, it was pretty crazy and my biggest indicator that EV was more sober than usual.
    Wasn't actually over Matt. Just between him and stones baffles. Seen him do it a few times. Very Bruce
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

I've been lucky enough to see 6 shows so far and Vedder hasn't been drinking much at any of them.

The whole band has been on point.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

When did this happen? My friend was talking about it after the show but I didn't notice it.
    I think this was during Porch, this was after he used the guitar to redirect the spotlight around the arena.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    Mic swinging was during Alive I think.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    I still have no voice. Throat is killing me. Don't know how I'll get through these MSG shows! Philly 2 destroyed me!!!!
  • Options
    jdesantis1983jdesantis1983 Posts: 411
    RiotZact said:

Yea it was at the end of Alive, that was so awesome. This video has it, Matt looks like he was loving it too

http://youtu.be/OW3wBr4C8Xo
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of All or none. I rarely listen to it tbh. But holy shit. It was beautiful live. Waaayyy better than on the album.
  • Options
    nycrats said:

If there was a show tonight I don't know how I'd be able to attend. I am still in full recovery mode from that philly insanity.

I have a show tonight and tmrw and I'm still in recovery. My throat is on fire. I've taken a strict no talking rule until tonight lol.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

I saw it too. None of my friends noticed but I thought it was a cool move from where I was sitting!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 781
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm not a fan of All or none. I rarely listen to it tbh. But holy shit. It was beautiful live. Waaayyy better than on the album.

Not a fan of all or none? Wow, don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before. I love that song, and saw it live for the first time on Friday night. I love how Ed's voice cracks on the studio version.
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    SS657083SS657083 Posts: 123
    Wow. Just wow. I had a few friends at this show - congrats to them & everyone else in attendance. I only made it to Tampa and Jax this tour and have been trying to make MSG shows work for weeks...no one could make it work. So now I'm pricing last minute flights to leave today, scalp/stubhub 1 ticket for tonight & tomorrow. It's pricey but after reading these reviews and watching live on Periscope...there's no dollar amount for the experience. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    JC29856 said:

KP_McMinn said:

So you've all said it. Just wow. Don't want to take a bunch of time, but I think this story is worth it.

So after seeing night 1, I knew I had to get into the building for 2, no matter what. So, like any Faithful member, I jumped on the forum and went to work. I found a guy, username bbison (not sure if he wants his name used, so I'll refrain), who wanted to trade GA tickets for sec 123/124 or 113/114. Since I'd never been in the pit for the boys, I knew this was my best chance. I messaged him and told him I'd find something to make it happen. I hit craigslist, found a guy who had 114, and set up a rendezvous. I got the tickets from the dude, Justin he said his name was, on 8th and market. Went to the WFC, met up with bbison and made the trade. We compared tickets and decided they looked legit, but to be safe, we exchanged numbers and I told him to call me if there were any problems. Me and my girl wished him luck and walked in. Well, about an hour or so later, bbison texts me and tells me they're fake. My heart sank. I offered to do whatever I could, money for scalped tickets, give his back, etc. He says to enjoy the show and we can settle up at a later time.

First, let me say this was probably my favorite show I've ever been to. Hearing Ten in it's entirety was legendary. Still, I feel awful and responsible for making bbison miss out. I am fully reimbursing him for the tickets and have offered anything else I could think of, but he said the money is good enough. He's literally been the best possible sport about it.

I'm not asking for charity or anything, but since that was the best show I've ever been to, I want to know what this awesome community thinks would be good to do for this amazing human being.

This band never disappoints. For that, I am forever grateful and Faithful. Can't wait for next time they're in Philly. Hope to see all of you there.

Wanna know why he was such a good sport? It's because he was in the building. You probably gave him money back already but, for me, all sales are final. Trust no one.
    You're saying the "bb" tickets were not fakes or he found others?
    Question I have did bb know he was trading his tickets for tickets from CL?
    The price of the CL tickets is the first indication they were fake.
    Best way to avoid this if you have to go the CL route is ask seller for ID. If they don't won't provide then prob selling fakes.
    JC29856 said:

KP_McMinn said:

So you've all said it. Just wow. Don't want to take a bunch of time, but I think this story is worth it.

So after seeing night 1, I knew I had to get into the building for 2, no matter what. So, like any Faithful member, I jumped on the forum and went to work. I found a guy, username bbison (not sure if he wants his name used, so I'll refrain), who wanted to trade GA tickets for sec 123/124 or 113/114. Since I'd never been in the pit for the boys, I knew this was my best chance. I messaged him and told him I'd find something to make it happen. I hit craigslist, found a guy who had 114, and set up a rendezvous. I got the tickets from the dude, Justin he said his name was, on 8th and market. Went to the WFC, met up with bbison and made the trade. We compared tickets and decided they looked legit, but to be safe, we exchanged numbers and I told him to call me if there were any problems. Me and my girl wished him luck and walked in. Well, about an hour or so later, bbison texts me and tells me they're fake. My heart sank. I offered to do whatever I could, money for scalped tickets, give his back, etc. He says to enjoy the show and we can settle up at a later time.

First, let me say this was probably my favorite show I've ever been to. Hearing Ten in it's entirety was legendary. Still, I feel awful and responsible for making bbison miss out. I am fully reimbursing him for the tickets and have offered anything else I could think of, but he said the money is good enough. He's literally been the best possible sport about it.

I'm not asking for charity or anything, but since that was the best show I've ever been to, I want to know what this awesome community thinks would be good to do for this amazing human being.

This band never disappoints. For that, I am forever grateful and Faithful. Can't wait for next time they're in Philly. Hope to see all of you there.

Wanna know why he was such a good sport? It's because he was in the building. You probably gave him money back already but, for me, all sales are final. Trust no one.
    Best way to avoid this if you have to go the CL route is ask seller for ID. If they don't won't provide then prob selling fakes.
    JC29856 said:

KP_McMinn said:

Bb Tix were probably not fakes.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Loved both shows, but night 2 was my favourite pit of all I have experienced so far. Even though the show was a "hit show", I absolutely loved it. We went to the preparty and met tons of lovely old and new friends and went in at around 6.30. Ended up about ten rows in front of the stage between Jeff and Mike. No tall people in front of us, very nice people around us. The energy at that show was just amazing :smiley: And I caught a Jeff pick!!! Next show is Toronto, I cannot wait!

• Options

nicknyr15 said:

Not a fan of all or none? Wow, don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before. I love that song, and saw it live for the first time on Friday night. I love how Ed's voice cracks on the studio version.
    I don't hate it. Just not a go to for me for sure. If you asked me before this show if I wanted it on the set, I'd say no. Now, hell yes. Please. Better than half of the other acoustic stuff that gets played in encore 1.
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 682

RiotZact said:

Yea it was at the end of Alive, that was so awesome. This video has it, Matt looks like he was loving it too

http://youtu.be/OW3wBr4C8Xo
    Great Video!
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    Anyone have some pics from behind the stage?
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,613
    edited May 2016
    Not complaining about anything as this was the best Pj show I've seen, and I've been to quite a few that are referenced as 'classics'...but being that it was the 'ten' show, is anyone else curious as to why they didn't try and include footsteps, breath and state of love and trust into the set? That would've pushed an all time great show further over the top.

I wouldve replaced records play with state, footsteps for just breathe, and breath for last kiss. Wouldve been nuts. Just sayin.

Maybe that'd just be too much awesome for one show. I guess they at least had to give themselves the illusion of the oppurtunity to match this show in nyc, though I highly doubt they will.
    Post edited by Lifted on
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

Wasn't actually over Matt. Just between him and stones baffles. Seen him do it a few times. Very Bruce
    from where i was it looked like it was over matt, crazy toss in any case.. very rock star
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 781
    nycrats said:

nycrats said:

Who I Am said:

from where i was it looked like it was over matt, crazy toss in any case.. very rock star
    It was definitely not over Matt, but I could how how it would look that way, depending on where you were sitting
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    pconahanpconahan Posts: 6
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 645
    (After digesting that show I present my new top 5)
    1. Philly 2 - 4/29/16
    2. New York, NY - 7/8/03
    3. State College, PA - 5/2/03
    4. Borgata 1 - 10/1/05
    5. Wrigley, IL - 7/19/13
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    Who I Am said:

1. Philly 2 - 4/29/16
    2. New York, NY - 7/8/03
    4. Borgata 1 - 10/1/05
    5. Wrigley, IL - 7/19/13

You have some good competition in your line up. I think I'm with you and putting this show as my #1 in a lineup that has Spectrum 3 '09, Spectrum 4 '09, MSG 1 '03, and Philly '05 rounding out the top 5 in some order out of 30+ shows.

TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    Who I Am said:

1. Philly 2 - 4/29/16
    2. New York, NY - 7/8/03
    4. Borgata 1 - 10/1/05
    5. Wrigley, IL - 7/19/13

That's quite the list!

My new updated list after Philly 2 is as follows:

1. Boston 3 7/11/03
    2. Philly 2 4/29/16
    3. Philly 3 10/30/2009
    4. Gorge 7/22/06
    5. Ottawa 9/16/05

I'm sure one or both of the Fenway shows will crack this list later this summer.

• Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Does anyone have a picture of the setlist?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    jniko said:

Does anyone have a picture of the setlist?

• Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    I love reading every single post on this thread (as I sit here watching MSG 1 on the scope). My throat still feels like I'm swallowing glass...voice shot...Worth every second. This is certainly tops on my list of shows. Ten front to back...All or None! Enough said!! Can't wait til Boston!!
  • Options
    blitzburghblitzburgh Posts: 2
    Traveled from Pittsburgh and will forever feel blessed to experience what occurred on Friday night. The joy my wife and I felt when it become clear what was happening. . .singing along to every song like I was at a revival! The cherries on top were Leash, RVM, All or None, CN. Really loved the whole set. Thanks to PJ and Philly for an unforgettable night. Wish I could spend months traveling around to shows. Damn job and kids!!
  • Options
    I made the drive out to Philly from Pittsburgh for Philly night 2. All I kept thinking is one of the 2 nights was going to be epic and I had hoped that night 2 was the show to be at, and man was it ever! I am still on a high from that show. By far this was the best show I've ever been to, the band was on fire that night and the Philly crowd was the most active and engaged crowd I have ever been a part of at any concert I've been to. That night was magical and I have so many memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life because of this show, being up front on the rail is something I hope all of you get to experience, and this show from that vantage point will never be topped for me personally. Thank you Pearl Jam, thank you to the Philly crowd night 2 and to all of the amazing people I met that day, it couldn't have been more perfect!!

Long Live Pearl Jam!!
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV