Options

Please stop requesting albums...

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    Moline is the one I'm jealous of because it was out of nowhere. Now it's become a thing that people are trying to predict, which isn't nearly as special. We all knew Ten was coming in one of these 4 shows.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'm tired of the requesting threads that request the requesting threads to stop!!!!!!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT..
    THANK GOD THE BAND KNOWS BETTER!!!
    TEN WAS SO FRIKKIN GOOD TONIGHT!!!

Your caps lock is still on...
    CHANGE YOUR KEYBOARD TO GREEK LETTERS,WILL SEE ITS NOT
    I CAN'T BUT DID ENJOY MOUSSAKA LAST NIGHT, MR. GREEK :)

It was delicious too...can't go wrong with ground lamb and bechamel sauce (eggplant was kind of...well, nope...but the rest? Yes!)

My thought is let it out. Does it really bring others down? Voices may or may not be heard but at least they're released. The rest is up to those giving us this amazing gift of music.

Me, given what I've seen...

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    ComeToTX said:

Moline is the one I'm jealous of because it was out of nowhere. Now it's become a thing that people are trying to predict, which isn't nearly as special. We all knew Ten was coming in one of these 4 shows.

We did? I was surprised. And it was magical.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    I'm requesting ...

Lost Dogs Side 1 Toronto Night 1
    Lost Dogs Side 2 Toronto Night 2

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    rgambs said:

I think requests in general are getting out of hand around here.

Everyone has a story that can bring a tear or two to the eyes, not everyone needs to post theirs with a request.
    It's getting more and more facebooky around here...
    :confounded:

This won't go away as long as they're honoring them. I just skip past them and fir me , I actually love seeing them play all these requests. It makes this band that much better.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700

I think it's starting to get ridiculous...if they did it every show, it wouldn't be special like the occasions they have busted out a full album..
    I guess what I'm saying is don't expect a full album, then when they do play one in full it'll be that much more special.
    I'm sure I'll get a lot of crap for this. It's just annoying to me. Maybe it's just me..

So are you annoyed they do it, or upset you can't be there like 95% of us here?
    I was at Moline, and that's my favorite album so that was really cool..and maybe I have a biased opinion, but Greenville and now Philly takes away the specialness of Moline slightly..imo.
    And I've heard all of Ten from other shows I've been to so I'm not too jealous about Philly. Greenville on the other hand would've been really cool to be at.
    I disagree. No one else got no code. If ut got played again then I'd agree. But that show will always be special. I was in philly and while no code is my fave, ten works the best straight through with the crowd. It was really indescribable
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of requests. I say let them surprise us with whatever they want. I've been lucky enough to be at moline, milwaukee and greenville and all were special but any pj show is special just let them play what they want and stop worrying about chasing rare songs/album shows.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    demetrios said:

I'm requesting ...

Or maybe
    Lost dogs side 1 Wrigley 1
    Lost dogs side 2 Wrigley 2
    :pensive:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I CAN'T BUT DID ENJOY MOUSSAKA LAST NIGHT, MR. GREEK :)

It was delicious too...can't go wrong with ground lamb and bechamel sauce (eggplant was kind of...well, nope...but the rest? Yes!)

My thought is let it out. Does it really bring others down? Voices may or may not be heard but at least they're released. The rest is up to those giving us this amazing gift of music.

Me, given what I've seen...

happy as a pig in slop... me too
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    PP193448 said:

demetrios said:

I'm requesting ...

Or maybe

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    demetrios said:

PP193448 said:

demetrios said:

I'm requesting ...

Or maybe

Let's not get into a Lost Dogs fight... :rofl:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    I was fortunate to be at Moline, Milwaukee, and Philly 2. All were so special for different reasons, and I agree, keeping the mystique of such a show is vital to it being so memorable. Moline came out of nowhere (as did Milwaukee for that matter after St Paul went back to being a "normal" setlist).

While I had seen all the songs off 10 before (in different shows), last night the band brought such a raw energy: starting with the lights off, confusing everyone by starting with Once again, and then ripping into Even Flow so early in the set with so much force. The band seemed possessed last night, and for me personally, seeing All or None for the first time was absolutely out of this world.

So glad to have travelled to Philly, and thankful to all around us who made it an unforgettable night.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    Did the band play Ten or any of the albums because of requests?? If so, i must have missed that. I never saw or heard anything to suggest these were requests. Seems the band just decided one day to play each album at some point. What, did the band say they were responding to requests?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    Good point, for last night it appears it was for the banner (to hang from the rafters) that the Wells Fargo arena crew had made for them to honour 10 sell outs in Philly (as they did for Bruce's 56 sold out shows etc). Seems like a kind gesture that was rewarded with the album.

As for Moline, Milwaukee, and Greenville, you're right...I don't recall any request threads in advance.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

I think it's starting to get ridiculous...if they did it every show, it wouldn't be special like the occasions they have busted out a full album..
    I guess what I'm saying is don't expect a full album, then when they do play one in full it'll be that much more special.
    I'm sure I'll get a lot of crap for this. It's just annoying to me. Maybe it's just me..

it's not just you.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

demetrios said:

PP193448 said:

demetrios said:

I'm requesting ...

Or maybe

Let's not get into a Lost Dogs fight... :rofl:
    :lol:
    Imagine if Lost Dogs was their debut album....
    I don't think they'd be where they're now not by a longshot.
    Let's face it, even Pearl Jam didn't release the album until they thought the fanbase was solid enough to give a listen to their rejected material.
    Lost Dogs is not an album to introduce people to Pearl Jam with and I would go as far in saying that it's not an album that gets regular play from a fan.
    Lost Dogs album at a concert? It would be worse than the Raleigh fiasco.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528
    rgambs said:

I think requests in general are getting out of hand around here.

Everyone has a story that can bring a tear or two to the eyes, not everyone needs to post theirs with a request.
    It's getting more and more facebooky around here...
    :confounded:

I completely agree. It is like some people look for a reason to be sad sometimes.
  • Options
    I was at Greenville and can agree with the comment about that playing an album like Ten and Vs. all the way through does not take away from the show in the aspect we know what is coming next, but the energy just kept building throughout the albums played (I was only at Greenville).
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895

ComeToTX said:

We did? I was surprised. And it was magical.
    Once Greenville got VS, I thought for sure Ten and Vitalogy would get a full play through (not necessarily Philly or MSG, but definitely before the tour was over).

The only reason I could see them skipping on Vitalogy is because of Pry To, Bugs, Aye Davinita, and Hey Foxymophandlemama. Not sure how those would come off and may kinda kill the momentum.

More apt to get Avocado, since MSG2 is the 10th anniversary of the release. Who knows? No matter what they do, it will be two special nights.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Bugs they have already played several times. No reason though they couldn't play Aye Davanita and Pry To.

Stupid Mop is not a song. It doesn't need to be acknowledged in my opinion to have a complete album. They didn't play Red Dot in Milwaukee and that is more of a song than Stupid Mop.

Vitalogy is the album I really want to hear straight through just to hear how they would play Pry To and Aye Davanita.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    Vitalogy will happen in NY or Toronto.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    I agree with someone earlier that they will do Vitalogy at some point and stop there. I say let the band do what they want! I think the boys know what there doing by now! I also say let the people request what they want haha! Not hurting anyone
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

lol
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    I would want to hear Vitalogy minus To Pry & Foxymophandlemama, those were jokes, maybe they could play them over the PA before they start, that way everyone will know
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1edTgwFtsDU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab5UfCt0Dyw
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Shit, I wouldn't want to know. Why would I?

And Aye D? Fuck YES! Would be beautiful.

Not sure the other two songs are jokes. Seems some heaviness associated with Foxy, and Pry speaks volumes, especially in this age.

How they'd translate live? Dunno.
  • Options
    llg224llg224 CT Posts: 21
    The only release by Pearl Jam that I want to hear live from beginning to end is Merkin Ball
    2016.05.02 - New York, NY
    2013.10.25 - Hartford, CT
  • Options
    cblock77cblock77 Posts: 36
    Not at all unhappy with what they've done in 2014 & this year. Grateful I have been to these album shows.

That said, I'd like to see them take a break from it for awhile. The over-reliance on covers in the encores last night is just selling themselves short, in my view. Would have liked to see Breath thrown in after Leash - Keep Hatred but drop Sonic, if curfew was in issue.

They have so many underrated songs of their own. Would like to see some built up again so the final encore doesn't become too predictable.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Yup I'm getting tired of people being obsessed with getting a full album
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,478
    mwplum said:

I was fortunate to be at Moline, Milwaukee, and Philly 2. All were so special for different reasons, and I agree, keeping the mystique of such a show is vital to it being so memorable. Moline came out of nowhere (as did Milwaukee for that matter after St Paul went back to being a "normal" setlist).

While I had seen all the songs off 10 before (in different shows), last night the band brought such a raw energy: starting with the lights off, confusing everyone by starting with Once again, and then ripping into Even Flow so early in the set with so much force. The band seemed possessed last night, and for me personally, seeing All or None for the first time was absolutely out of this world.

So glad to have travelled to Philly, and thankful to all around us who made it an unforgettable night.

All or none is totally underrated and not played enough. That was the gem of the set for me.