Please stop requesting albums...

tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
I think it's starting to get ridiculous...if they did it every show, it wouldn't be special like the occasions they have busted out a full album..
I guess what I'm saying is don't expect a full album, then when they do play one in full it'll be that much more special.
I'm sure I'll get a lot of crap for this. It's just annoying to me. Maybe it's just me..

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Tyler Moore gets it
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    Phew...at least I know I'm not alone.
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    I agree. I prefer to hear a mix of songs.

Unless they play Lost Dogs. Then, by all means, play Lost Dogs!
  • jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    My view is whatever happens, happens. I'm guessing Vitalogy for Philly 2, Binaural at NY 1 and Ten at Toronto 2. But whatever happens, happens!

Agree with PJ1973 though. Lost Dogs in full has to happen.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    They have left 5 more studio albums to be played in full (6 if you cont Lost Dogs)..
    Some would say they already played what's considered their best LP's (except for Vitalogy)..
    To me, when (and if) they'll do that with Binaural or Riot Act, well, that'll be a show I would give my left hand to be at..
    Anyway, I don't see them playing again one of the albums that already had the "played in full and in order" treatment, so they have about other five or six shows to do that.. My guess is the next will be Binaural, at a show I'll be attending of course.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Tylermoore..sleep easy you are not alone. Personally I don't like the full albums being played and dont think they have sounded good when they have done this..yes moline and Milwaukee shows this means you!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited April 2016
    I agree with you OP, I hope my suggestion of Mirrorball/Merkinball that I recently posted has been seen as the facetious and smart-assed comment I intended it to be, lol.

Personally I also find the song requests to be getting tiresome as well.

Edited for some bad English, lol.
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    When Eddie has to stop and grant someone a request it kills the vibe of a show..just play the song no need to discuss it..don't get me wrong I'm happy for all the great stories many of these request fill and I'm so happy for the people...let the boards tell the story and just play the song!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434

I think it's starting to get ridiculous...if they did it every show, it wouldn't be special like the occasions they have busted out a full album..
    I guess what I'm saying is don't expect a full album, then when they do play one in full it'll be that much more special.
    I'm sure I'll get a lot of crap for this. It's just annoying to me. Maybe it's just me..

Agreed.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I think requests in general are getting out of hand around here.

Everyone has a story that can bring a tear or two to the eyes, not everyone needs to post theirs with a request.
    It's getting more and more facebooky around here...
    :confounded:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I'd be for no more requests as well. Albums, songs, dedications...just let them play the show they want.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    How about the Christmas Singles, can we request that collection to be played in entirety? I got to check all the Ramblings off my list!
  • Agree.
    Would you mind if I also added to your thread to also please stop requesting Lost Dogs to be played in entirety.
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    100%

You think the band reads the album (or song) requests and thinks "Gee since this person requested it, we have to do it now!"

Some people are delusional on the forums

P.S. Not all requests are ridiculous. There are situations where requests are very welcome
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited April 2016
    It is getting crazy... Plus who's the jackass that wanted entire Lost Dogs in Lexington... Oh, wait that was me. I was mostly putting that thread up as a joke, but I kinda went with it. What I really kinda think needs to stop are all the requests for songs because so and so died, etc. too many dedication requests for this. Just bring down the mood for all these shows that they honor these requests. Please stop that. This isn't church. I do feel bad that your loved one died, but geez...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    Looks like the band is playing "Ten" tonight. Once and Even Flow songs 1 and 2 in Philly night 2....
    Mantis-2.gif
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Well, I think only Vitalogy has a chance at getting played in one of the next six shows (2xMSG or 4xCanada) - and only 10 or 11 of the songs would likely get performed. In fact, it probably will get played in NYC. However, any of the last five would be nuts...a bad nuts.
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    I don't know - if you look at the setlist thread, everyone is freaking out that 10 is being played, and I'm sort of like, well I don't need to worry about the setlist for the next hour...I'm sure it's cool if I were there and yes, it is unique, but I'm not upset that I'm not there. It's the Deadhead in me - I like not knowing what's next.

Now what I am interested in is what the encores will be, now that Porch, Black, and Alive will have been played. That's where this show would become epic for me.
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    MayDay10 said:

Tyler Moore gets it

Yup
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

So are you annoyed they do it, or upset you can't be there like 95% of us here?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • evedder23evedder23 Posts: 38
    PJ1973 said:

I don't know - if you look at the setlist thread, everyone is freaking out that 10 is being played, and I'm sort of like, well I don't need to worry about the setlist for the next hour...I'm sure it's cool if I were there and yes, it is unique, but I'm not upset that I'm not there. It's the Deadhead in me - I like not knowing what's next.

Now what I am interested in is what the encores will be, now that Porch, Black, and Alive will have been played. That's where this show would become epic for me.

That's what I was thinking....what's the encore's gonna be?
    I am a doughnut - E.V.
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879

So are you annoyed they do it, or upset you can't be there like 95% of us here?
    I was at Moline, and that's my favorite album so that was really cool..and maybe I have a biased opinion, but Greenville and now Philly takes away the specialness of Moline slightly..imo.
    And I've heard all of Ten from other shows I've been to so I'm not too jealous about Philly. Greenville on the other hand would've been really cool to be at.
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    yeah it was pretty special but they play %80 of Ten every night.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    I saw three widespread panic shows last week (replaced Raleigh with panic in chatanooga) and in those shows only one repeat. And the sound quality was better. I'm still pretty bitter about the late notice raleigh cancellation. I hope i get over it but it's tough, I don't like being mad at this band
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT..
    THANK GOD THE BAND KNOWS BETTER!!!
    TEN WAS SO FRIKKIN GOOD TONIGHT!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT..

Your caps lock is still on...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT..

CHANGE YOUR KEYBOARD TO GREEK LETTERS,WILL SEE ITS NOT
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT..

CHANGE YOUR KEYBOARD TO GREEK LETTERS,WILL SEE ITS NOT
    Or you could hit the caps lock button
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    edited April 2016
    I think they will do Vitalogy at some point this tour. I thought tonight was the night because they didn't play one song last night. That seems likely since every album as been done up to Yield.

None of the other albums would work. As much as I love them they just wouldn't work for a show that isn't 100# diehard ten clubbers.

I think once the do Vitalogy they will stop. That's just my guess. But I just don't feel this will become a regular thing at all
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I was at Moline and it was amazing to get No Code. That nobody saw it coming was the best part. Now fast forward to this weekend. I flew to NYC and will be at both shows here. It would be fine if they played an entire album, but it would be fine if they didn't as well. With everyone expecting or hoping for something, it loses it's specialness IMO. Whatever the band wants to play will make me happy! Don't it make you smile?