Options

Looks like the scalpers win

MSG 1 has been the toughest PJ ticket for me in a long time.
Even my connections have nothing.
Looks like its off to stubhub for a ticket. Luckily the prices are not too insane.
Good luck everyone.

Comments

• Options
    goosefuzzgoosefuzz Posts: 40
    I missed the boat with tickets. Had no idea I'd be in NYC by the time the show had sold out. Lucrative game for these resellers.

Too bad the band aren't as progressive against this sort of stuff as they used to be.
    Adelaide '03, '06 x2, '09 and EV Solo x2 '11. New York '16 MSG2.
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791

I missed the boat with tickets. Had no idea I'd be in NYC by the time the show had sold out. Lucrative game for these resellers.

Too bad the band aren't as progressive against this sort of stuff as they used to be.

what more do you think they could do?

keep in mind they could pull a Bruce et al and charge $200+ a ticket....the 2nd market sales will always win out
    A
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    It is what it is. I am sure the band does what it can.
    It is ticketmaster. They dont sell face value tickets to the public anymore.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,091
    Don't bother with craigslist. All scams
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    goosefuzzgoosefuzz Posts: 40
    andrew68 said:

what more do you think they could do?

keep in mind they could pull a Bruce et al and charge $200+ a ticket....the 2nd market sales will always win out
    A
    Some ticket vendors in Australia only allow entry with original ID and credit card instead of having a hard ticket.
    Adelaide '03, '06 x2, '09 and EV Solo x2 '11. New York '16 MSG2.
  • Options

Don't bother with craigslist. All scams

Definitely agree. And don't buy on the street at MSG. All scams.
  • Options
    Bit the bullet yesterday on Stubhub. Prices are crazy today!!! I would be checking TM all day today for a last minute drop.
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    edited May 2016
    My uncle had shit tickets I had an extra of my good pair, so he sold his on stub hub at 185 just go get rid of it last night. Sold in ten seconds. Then ten seconds after that was on there for resale at 270. Savages. Try to do a good (kind of) deed.
  • Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    MSG is its own type of evil. I stub hubbed it the minute I missed out on the public sale
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Fuck the scalpers!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    GM151575 said:

My uncle had shit tickets I had an extra of my good pair, so he sold his on stub hub at 185 just go get rid of it last night. Sold in ten seconds. Then ten seconds after that was on there for resale at 270. Savages. Try to do a good (kind of) deed.

I learned my lesson when a few years back, i had an extra ticket to see the Allman Brothers at the Beacon on a night when Clapton was sitting in (everyone knew it in advance). I sold my extra at the show to someone who looked like a fan (face price). The guy who showed up to sit next to me bought it outside for $500 from the "fan"

6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    NYCPJ said:

GM151575 said:

I learned my lesson when a few years back, i had an extra ticket to see the Allman Brothers at the Beacon on a night when Clapton was sitting in (everyone knew it in advance). I sold my extra at the show to someone who looked like a fan (face price). The guy who showed up to sit next to me bought it outside for $500 from the "fan"

He made like 60 bucks on the ticket. Could be worse.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    GM151575 said:

NYCPJ said:

GM151575 said:

No - he made closer to $400. This was 2009 and tickets for that run were around $100 or so, if that. Highest face price for ABB at the Beacon was for the last shows in 2014 ($250).
    Post edited by NYCPJ on
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    deweildeweil Posts: 245
    GM151575 said:

185 total or per ticket? Because if it's per ticket, it's not a good deed at all. Just scalping straight up. I don't mind if you do it, just call it what it is.
  • Options
    It is what it is. I found a good seat for $260, which is about what it costs to see a shitty broadway play or have dinner at a fancy restaurant in NYC. Well worth it for 3 hours of live pearl jam!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    deweil said:

GM151575 said:

185 total or per ticket? Because if it's per ticket, it's not a good deed at all. Just scalping straight up. I don't mind if you do it, just call it what it is.
    What's this an audit. He sold his one extra for 185.
  • Options
    NYCPJ said:

GM151575 said:

NYCPJ said:

GM151575 said:

No - he made closer to $400. This was 2009 and tickets for that run were around $100 or so, if that. Highest face price for ABB at the Beacon was for the last shows in 2014 ($250).
    My uncle made 60 on his tickets is what I'm saying.
  • Options
    deweildeweil Posts: 245
    GM151575 said:

deweil said:

GM151575 said:

Not an audit. At all. I dont judge or care what your uncle does. I was simply pointing out that what he did was sell the ticket for a profit. That's no different than the scalper you called a savage. His profit was smaller, perhaps, although 185 to 260, minus fees if applicable, isn't really much profit either. This forum is full of people with tickets who sell them to fans for face value because those are the rules and for some because they believe that's the right thing to do. Im not here to say what's right but only that your uncle's deed was no better or worse than that savage, in my opinion. Now, had he sold it for face and then the person flipped it, id understand your post a bit more.

Happy Sunday to everyone!
  • Options
    GM151575 said:

NYCPJ said:

GM151575 said:

NYCPJ said:

GM151575 said:

GM151575 said:

NYCPJ said:

GM151575 said:

NYCPJ said:

GM151575 said:

Got it. Sorry.

6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    deweil said:

GM151575 said:

deweil said:

GM151575 said:

Not an audit. At all. I dont judge or care what your uncle does. I was simply pointing out that what he did was sell the ticket for a profit. That's no different than the scalper you called a savage. His profit was smaller, perhaps, although 185 to 260, minus fees if applicable, isn't really much profit either. This forum is full of people with tickets who sell them to fans for face value because those are the rules and for some because they believe that's the right thing to do. Im not here to say what's right but only that your uncle's deed was no better or worse than that savage, in my opinion. Now, had he sold it for face and then the person flipped it, id understand your post a bit more.

Sold it with the intent of getting it to a real fan for $100 less than the going rate. Somebody buying it just to sell it is different. Yes he made some money and that's scalping but thems the breaks. I'm selling him the one with me for face if that makes you feel warm and cozy.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,176
    Scalpers definitely won. I wonder how many empty seats there will be.

Can't PJ sell to non-brokers only? Or is that not really feasible.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,643
    GM151575 said:

deweil said:

GM151575 said:

deweil said:

GM151575 said:

Sold it with the intent of getting it to a real fan for $100 less than the going rate. Somebody buying it just to sell it is different. Yes he made some money and that's scalping but thems the breaks. I'm selling him the one with me for face if that makes you feel warm and cozy.
    Yeah...i don't care what you guys did, but the person being critical is exactly right. No one would care if you weren't patting yourself on the back for a 'good deed', but you did. And it's not a good deed. Selling a ticket for $100+ over face value on stubhub because it's less than the so called 'going rate' is hardly a good deed. It's scalping, whether that was intended when purchased or not. And you're sticking to the story that you were trying to get it to a fan? Im sorry, but Im calling bullshit! There's hundreds of fans on the board that wouldve loved to buy that ticket. Or you could've sold it to one of the hundreds of fans at the venue who will be getting stuck outside tonight considering you will be there anyway. Your uncle? just wanted to make a few bucks, and that's fine, but don't act like a good deed was being attempted, cause you all are bitter cause you could've squeezed more $ out of the ticket. This just annoys me cause I almost got stuck outside in philly friday cause of all the people doing 'good deeds' which made tickets extremely expensive and hard to acquire. Luckily it worked out for me and i got one for $100 at the last minute, but others were not so lucky.

End of rant, carry on...
  • Options
    ccarey23ccarey23 Posts: 11
    I have 2 fan club tix sitting at the box office that I am not going to be able use! Kids are sick. I would love to sell them at face to one of you guys. Need my license right?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    ccarey23 said:

I have 2 fan club tix sitting at the box office that I am not going to be able use! Kids are sick. I would love to sell them at face to one of you guys. Need my license right?

10C won't allow it.

Unfortunately
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    After reading all the posts on FB of counterfit tickets and seeing how much the StubHub prices jumped today, yes, I agree, MSG is a place where the scalpers won today, and will probably always win.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Wasn't there a thread telling people to wait until the last second to buy in the secondary market because there are always drops and prices always go down ? Hopefully everyone ignored that advice.
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    RE4790 said:

Wasn't there a thread telling people to wait until the last second to buy in the secondary market because there are always drops and prices always go down ? Hopefully everyone ignored that advice.

that doesnt work for msg shows. bruce, u2,pj, billy joel, etc. sold out shows at msg the prices never drop on stubhub
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    VIA Facebook. How in the world is someone supposed to tell that those are counterfeit. Damn, do those look real. Its usually fairly obvious, but wow.

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    If they were being sold on Craigslist, 99% chance they're fake. A guy on Facebook posted a video to put a lit cigarette against the back and see the little black dot come through the front of the ticket, that's how to tell they are real. Apparently they're printed with a heart sensitive thing so the back doesn't get burned when you hold a cigarette close to it. I don't think you will ever find a scalper that would let you put a cigarette to the ticket though.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    TM tickets have UV sensitive ink on them which is slightly more difficult to fake. A mini black light from like HotTopic will show it.