Options

Lexington Poster Please

I know this sounds like some bullshit but I can send pics as proof. Does anyone have an extra Lexington poster they can sell me? I left mine on the dining room table and my dog decided to chew the shit out of it. Man am I pissed! PLEASE help a brother out!

Comments

• Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    Whats the deal with this poster? I've been to 11 PJ shows...have posters from all of them and that includes Wrigley and PJ20 yet this Lexington poster has been impossible to get.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 694
    I feel like people go nuts for posters that have the band's image on it.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    No1PJFanNo1PJFan Posts: 27
    I swear this is a true story!!! If I could figure out how to post a pic I'd put it up.
  • Options
    I don't understand why anyone would buy a poster to a show they didn't attend. I mean i know the sites like Ames Brothers basically encourage poster flipping and its just supply and demand but still. I don't understand why the band doesn't have more of these printed and offer the option to purchase a poster when you buy tickets to that particular show. This way they would control the market for the bulk of the posters and only those released by the artists would be able to be purchased by those who didn't attend.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    No1PJFan said:

I swear this is a true story!!! If I could figure out how to post a pic I'd put it up.

they'll be on sale in the good section for $35 in a couple weeks
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    BMo-643 said:

I don't understand why anyone would buy a poster to a show they didn't attend. I mean i know the sites like Ames Brothers basically encourage poster flipping and its just supply and demand but still. I don't understand why the band doesn't have more of these printed and offer the option to purchase a poster when you buy tickets to that particular show. This way they would control the market for the bulk of the posters and only those released by the artists would be able to be purchased by those who didn't attend.

I generally only buy for a show i went to but there have been a few posters for shows I didn't attend that i have bought. Why? Cause i thought the artwork was pretty awesome.
    NYPJ
  • Options

No1PJFan said:

I hope so. I'm going to let the ebay market die down before I try to get one anyway since I don't have the funds to give $150 for a $35 poster.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

No1PJFan said:

not sure about that, everyone is saying they sold out at the show

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    edited April 2016
    Agreed. I feel the same way. Sometimes the art work is just too good to pass up. The Lexington poster is a prime example.
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    They did sell out in the show, but even when that happens, they always seem to have some for sale on the website. I think they keep a separate stash.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    PJ_ROCKS said:

No1PJFan said:

not sure about that, everyone is saying they sold out at the show
    they print ones just for sale here. Almost every show I have been to has had the prints sell out at the show and then sold here later.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    BMo-643 said:

I think we all know the answer to this. 10 club probably is afraid that demand will die down dramatically if these posters don't have a perceived rarity and/or value.

I work in printing and can tell you the bulk of the costs in printing posters like these is the press setup (make-ready we call it), printing plates, inks and coatings, wages, etc. To change a quantity from say 2500 to 5000 usually does not add a great deal to the price.

In other words, Pearl Jam is going out of their way to make sure these are limited, scarce, valuable,..... whatever you want to call it.

I think the rarity value thing is evidenced in this very poster. The white one looks the cleanest and best to me...yet people will gobble up the gold metallic ones because they are the rarest ones. Nevermind that they turn an amazing poster in to something kind of ugly :)
  • Options
    Sarava said:

BMo-643 said:

I think we all know the answer to this. 10 club probably is afraid that demand will die down dramatically if these posters don't have a perceived rarity and/or value.

I work in printing and can tell you the bulk of the costs in printing posters like these is the press setup (make-ready we call it), printing plates, inks and coatings, wages, etc. To change a quantity from say 2500 to 5000 usually does not add a great deal to the price.

In other words, Pearl Jam is going out of their way to make sure these are limited, scarce, valuable,..... whatever you want to call it.

I think the rarity value thing is evidenced in this very poster. The white one looks the cleanest and best to me...yet people will gobble up the gold metallic ones because they are the rarest ones. Nevermind that they turn an amazing poster in to something kind of ugly :)
    Do the bulk of poster buyers buy these posters because they are perceived to be rare or because they like the print/were at the show? I feel like the band and the artists would make a lot more money if they actually sold a poster to every person that wanted one and I feel like the only people who would be negatively affected by more posters in the market are those who are flipping the posters.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    JW44563JW44563 Cincinnati Posts: 39
    BMo-643 said:

Sarava said:

BMo-643 said:

Do the bulk of poster buyers buy these posters because they are perceived to be rare or because they like the print/were at the show? I feel like the band and the artists would make a lot more money if they actually sold a poster to every person that wanted one and I feel like the only people who would be negatively affected by more posters in the market are those who are flipping the posters.
    I just buy the ones for the shows I've gone to (well, other than the St. Louis 03 that I accidentally bought thinking it was Lexington 03 because I just didn't pay enough attention).
    '96 Toledo
    '00 Cincinnati, Columbus
    '03 Lexington, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Columbus
    '06 Cincinnati
    '10 Columbus, Cleveland
    '13 Chicago
    '14 Cincinnati
    '16 Lexington
    '22 Nashville
    \m/
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    BMo-643 said:

Whats the deal with this poster? I've been to 11 PJ shows...have posters from all of them and that includes Wrigley and PJ20 yet this Lexington poster has been impossible to get.

Right?!?! I missed out at the show, the Ames sale & 10c!!! I tried all 3 times & never was even close to getting one! It makes me mad! I was at the show & those are the posters I want but can't ever get?!? I can't even find a sticker?! Wtf
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    Most of the posters I have are from shows that I didn't attend, since I find these posters more attractive than the shows from shows I did attend. Like music, art is subjective, that Lexington print is an easy pass for me..... much like that Transformers bandmates one.
    Have a good weekend everyone
  • Options
    Seems odd hearing all these people missed out at the show for the print. We drove down from Chicago and didn't get to Lexington until 5:15 and had no problem getting a poster inside the arena.
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,110
    Sarava said:

BMo-643 said:

The price to pearl jam comes in the amount of reproductions of the original they are willing to pay the artist for. Probably a standard contract for art, since they probably don't see the print before the contract. They still need to sell them, since they are probably paying a lot more for the art than they are getting for the posters. They can't order 20,000 prints for each show, and then pay for storage of all the ones that don't sell. That's bad business
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    No1PJFan said:

I know this sounds like some bullshit but I can send pics as proof. Does anyone have an extra Lexington poster they can sell me? I left mine on the dining room table and my dog decided to chew the shit out of it. Man am I pissed! PLEASE help a brother out!

Here is proof from the OP:
    photo IMAG1165_zps764aepk3.jpg
    Hurts my heart to post that. I'm so very sorry. :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    deadendp said:

That sure sucks for the OP. With having a six month old puppy in the house, I flatten my posters in the trunk of my Mustang that just sits in my garage.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    EM194007 said:

deadendp said:

That sure sucks for the OP. With having a six month old puppy in the house, I flatten my posters in the trunk of my Mustang that just sits in my garage.
    Wait until you have kids. None of your precious valuables will be safe!! Haha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

EM194007 said:

deadendp said:

Wait until you have kids. None of your precious valuables will be safe!! Haha!!
    He has a furry kid and the valuables are clearly not safe. Yikes.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    deadendp said:

He has a furry kid and the valuables are clearly not safe. Yikes.

Yes, the furry kid. Hopefully she grows out of this stage she is in, once she gets a little older. But, have had furry kids in the past that were mischief terrors their whole life. Nothing like a six month old puppy who thinks everything is hers. D:
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Sarava said:

Seems odd hearing all these people missed out at the show for the print. We drove down from Chicago and didn't get to Lexington until 5:15 and had no problem getting a poster inside the arena.

Long story but we didnt make it there until 6ish....we never had a chance :-(
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    EmA5785EmA5785 Posts: 13
    i was at the Lexington show and unable to get a poster, still searching...anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    Search the Lost Dogs portion of the forum. The Porch isn't your best place to look.
  • Options
    EmA5785EmA5785 Posts: 13
    Thanks