*** Lexington, KY Fanviews Here 4/26/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    ed243421 said:

Looking for an Lexington poster if anyone has an extra

Please pm me

Thanks

I will ask for second after you. Stuck in traffic and missed the poster. Got stuff to trade too

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I missed the show specific shirt, was it the same as the poster?
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    ed243421 said:

Looking for an Lexington poster if anyone has an extra

Please pm me

Thanks

I think you can get one on ebay for around $2K. :smiley:
  • Options
    Man, you would think Lexington would have figured a way to clear out traffic from Rupp Arena considered they have had 40 freaking years to figure it out! It's gotta be like that after every basketball game. Do the boosters have a secret zip line that gets them out of that mess?
  • Options
    I've seen quite a few shows, but that's about the best overall mood for the band that I think I've witnessed.
  • Options
    PardonMePardonMe Posts: 14
    edited April 2016
    Jason P said:

Man, you would think Lexington would have figured a way to clear out traffic from Rupp Arena considered they have had 40 freaking years to figure it out! It's gotta be like that after every basketball game. Do the boosters have a secret zip line that gets them out of that mess?

Trying to get a ride to the arena proved to be quite a challenge. (PS- thanks to the 10C members who agreed to share an Uber/Lyft ride from the hotel). So, lesson learned, I hit my Uber button as soon as it was clear that PJ was done. The driver had a hard time getting to us but still had a ride within 15 mins. Rupp's layout inside wasn't much better. All of the lines (concessions, merchandise, bathrooms) all intersected at the main entrance. It was the only real negative of the night though.

Another thanks to detroit19 for helping me out with tickets. You and your wife were amazing and I really appreciate the help. Amazing show, amazing fans! PJ definitely has the best fans in the world.

And last, I understand that this is not likely to happen but if anyone has any show specific merchandise (shirt, poster, sticker, anything) that they are willing to sell, please let me know. I assure you that I just want a souvenir from an amazing night, and am not trying to flip anything.
    Post edited by PardonMe on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    amethgr8 said:

I missed the show specific shirt, was it the same as the poster?

Same as sticker.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    edited April 2016
    Thumbing My Way was at the top of my must hear live list and I was super stoked when they played it. Amazing setlist really. Could be top 3 show for me, maybe the best show for me. Can't wait for the boot. Also, Deep completed 10 for me and something about Corduroy was amazing to me.
    Post edited by pearldavidson on
  • Options
    Sound wasn't great in the beginning- feedback from speakers, Ed was missing lyrics, notes, timing. Did anybody else pick up on this?? My fourth show this tour, blue chip set list. Fenway, Wrig1 and Wrig2 are next!! Can't wait!!
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356

Sound wasn't great in the beginning- feedback from speakers, Ed was missing lyrics, notes, timing. Did anybody else pick up on this?? My fourth show this tour, blue chip set list. Fenway, Wrig1 and Wrig2 are next!! Can't wait!!

I had trouble at times hearing Ed's vocals.
  • Options
    socalstylesocalstyle Columbus, OH Posts: 40

I had trouble at times hearing Ed's vocals.
    The first song of the night was a sound disaster and it got fixed quickly. Then in RVM Ed's vocals were drowned out again. The sound was OK for most of the night but moments in the set were drown out by the bass drum. With how big that place is its understandable though and mostly the sound was pretty good. RVM getting drown out lyrically was a bummer though. Lightning bolt was a disaster sound wise to start the show. I was worried it wouldn't get fixed but by the end of MYM it was much better. 24 hours later I'd say it will probably be the hardest set musically on the tour which I a totally OK with. Columbus 2010 was hard and I love it when they pull from their punk arsenal. Sonic Reducer was the highlight of the night for me. So sick to see it live. More punk PJ! Bring it!
    03 - Irvine
    10 - Columbus
    13 - Pittsburgh
    16 - Lexington, Chicago 2
    18 - Seattle 2, Missoula, Boston 1
  • Options
    nocode85nocode85 Posts: 133
    Incredible setlist. My only complaint was the venue itself... Rupp has maybe 3 concession stands for the entire place? Left to get a beer during Evenflow and got caught in a slow line and didn't make it back until the end of Swallowed Whole. 6 f'ng songs! In case they read this, my sincerest apologies to the bros in line behind me that thought my brother cut them. I just needed his ID to purchase 4 beers at once but you guys flipped before we could even explain. But after missing a good chunk of the show, I really don't care ;)
    St. Louis '00, St. Louis '03, St. Louis '04, Chicago '06, LA '06, Chicago '07, D.C. '08, Chicago '09, St. Louis '10, East Troy '11(1), East Troy '11(2), Atlanta '12, Chicago '13, Oklahoma City '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14, Lexington '16, Chicago '16, Chicago '16
  • Options
    vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    What a great show! Satan's Bed was a f'in treat! Band sounded the tightest i've EVER heard them!

On a side note, decided to listen to some country stations(when in Rome....) & this Maren Morris gal is for real. If you haven't heard her single My Church, you should give it a twirl....

See "y'all" in TO.
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    nocode85 said:

Incredible setlist. My only complaint was the venue itself... Rupp has maybe 3 concession stands for the entire place? Left to get a beer during Evenflow and got caught in a slow line and didn't make it back until the end of Swallowed Whole. 6 f'ng songs! In case they read this, my sincerest apologies to the bros in line behind me that thought my brother cut them. I just needed his ID to purchase 4 beers at once but you guys flipped before we could even explain. But after missing a good chunk of the show, I really don't care ;)

Yep! My only complaint about the night as well! Left for beer during evenflow also and ended up missing stbc and army reserve. Damn line was so slow.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Did the Woodford distillery tour the morning of!

Fantastic!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556

Did the Woodford distillery tour the morning of!

Fantastic!

Did it yesterday. Agree. Buffalo Trace was cool too.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187
    My first real business trip was to Lexington KY and my mentor took me to the Woodford tour immediately after he picked me up from the airport. This company has treated me well lol. Glad you guys got a great show.
    2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • Options
    PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    Was in line for beer also but made back just in time for Army Reserve! Awesome!
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    I'm still speechless. The entire 24 hours was amazing. All I can think to say is Thank You. Again.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 273
    Pretty amazing how many people missed songs over a beer. Hey. I love beer as much as anyone, but wow.
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    What a great show Tuesday night! The crowd was on fire. It seemed like everyone in the arena was singing almost every lyric through those first eight songs. Smile and Thumbing My Way were highlights for me as songs on my "want to hear" list that I hadn't previously gotten. Other highlights for me were Animal, Deep, Comfortably Numb, STBC and RVM. I was also very happy with our seats Sec 16 Row W which I thought was pretty damn good for such a high # 511xxx. Can't wait for Fenway and Wrigley later on this summer!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    We also did Woodford Reserve yesterday on the way home. Fantastic tour. Took home a bottle Distiller's Select in the special edition Kentucky Derby bottle. Very cool.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    This version of Thumbing My Way was freakin epic! Loved how that first encore went down. After a blistering start to the regular set, they went a complete different direction to start the encore. Was such a great vibe down in the pit in front of Jeff. Before this show, my favorite version of Thumbing My Way was in Lexington, 2003.
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    (Admitting up front that I have a bias due to civic and sports rivalries--as a native Louisvillian and lifelong Louisville Cardinals fan, I've always resented having to drive the 75 miles to Lexington for concerts that wouldn't come to Louisville, and having to stare at that team logo and that blue color the whole night. The less said about my guitar idol spending the entire final encore in a "Big Blue Nation" t-shirt, the better. :lol: )

The thing about the beer lines (and the difficulty navigating the concourse when the lines for beer, bathrooms, and merch overlapped) is that Rupp Arena's primary tenant is UK basketball--and beer sales are not allowed during SEC sporting events. So the place is geared to serve 24,000 basketball fans who aren't really leaving their seats that much. The concert crowds tend to overwhelm the concessions and restrooms in a way the regular basketball crowds don't.

I'll never understand the appeal of Rupp beyond the sports tradition for UK diehards. The concourses are narrow and almost Soviet in their seventies concrete oppressiveness, there is almost no point of reference for figuring out which side of the building you're on once you start making those turns looking for your section (with it raining when the concert ended, it would have been nice if the banks of metal exit-only doors had hinted at which street or compass direction they'd open out on--I wound up going about 270 degrees around the arena to get back to the main entrance so I'd have my bearings, when I think in retrospect, I was probably only a few feet from the best door for coming out closest to my car), and everything is so steep and awkward inside the arena itself. I'll take the lush, state-of-the-art KFC Yum! Center (along with its much shorter drive home) over Rupp any day.

All this said, of course, it's always more about the artist on stage than the room you're in, and I loved every second of the actual concert.
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
    pjalive21 said:

First time being in GA on Mike's side 3 rows bavk from the cage and I must say I was surrounded by awesome energetic people...Mike was on fire and I missed out on some Ed wine but ecstatic a ladies (who had a badass walking boot and crutches with hand painted pearl jam items on them) daughter got a pic with Mike against the rail during a solo, I was fortunate to grab a pic a nice present on my bday ...Mike was in rare form and the band was super revved up and Ed was in an emotional all state

Geez, as I was reading this post, I thought to myself 'wow, this might actually be a post from this guy where he doesn't point out it was his bday'. Then I got to the end and realized that he did in fact mention it for the 50th time, haha.

We get it dude, it was your bday. Everyone has one. How old did you turn? 12?

Glad you enjoyed yourself, but sheesh.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,762

Pretty amazing how many people missed songs over a beer. Hey. I love beer as much as anyone, but wow.

No kidding. I missed about 1/3 of Sirens, but that was it. I wouldn't have missed any or all of any other song. I just don't care for that one and I was able to get quickly to the line - which only had 3 people in it at that point - and back.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    Spoony C said:

(Admitting up front that I have a bias due to civic and sports rivalries--as a native Louisvillian and lifelong Louisville Cardinals fan, I've always resented having to drive the 75 miles to Lexington for concerts that wouldn't come to Louisville, and having to stare at that team logo and that blue color the whole night. The less said about my guitar idol spending the entire final encore in a "Big Blue Nation" t-shirt, the better. :lol: )

The thing about the beer lines (and the difficulty navigating the concourse when the lines for beer, bathrooms, and merch overlapped) is that Rupp Arena's primary tenant is UK basketball--and beer sales are not allowed during SEC sporting events. So the place is geared to serve 24,000 basketball fans who aren't really leaving their seats that much. The concert crowds tend to overwhelm the concessions and restrooms in a way the regular basketball crowds don't.

I'll never understand the appeal of Rupp beyond the sports tradition for UK diehards. The concourses are narrow and almost Soviet in their seventies concrete oppressiveness, there is almost no point of reference for figuring out which side of the building you're on once you start making those turns looking for your section (with it raining when the concert ended, it would have been nice if the banks of metal exit-only doors had hinted at which street or compass direction they'd open out on--I wound up going about 270 degrees around the arena to get back to the main entrance so I'd have my bearings, when I think in retrospect, I was probably only a few feet from the best door for coming out closest to my car), and everything is so steep and awkward inside the arena itself. I'll take the lush, state-of-the-art KFC Yum! Center (along with its much shorter drive home) over Rupp any day.

All this said, of course, it's always more about the artist on stage than the room you're in, and I loved every second of the actual concert.

As a UK fan who has gone to Rupp for basketball games many times over the years, I would agree with almost everything in this post. Yum is much better, although I will say the signage and directions for getting around are probably even more confusing there. Everything else is better, though. Luckily, Rupp doesn't get many concerts worth actually attending, though. This was my first since 2003.

It was a complete disaster for this concert in terms of concessions and the crowded concourse. The disaster was only exceeded by the disaster of all the downtown bars and restaurants that were apparently completely unprepared for the concert - and some apparently didn't even know it was going on. Almost everyone I know had horrible service and most gave up and got a slice of pizza on their walk back to the arena. At our place - Parley Social - some of the food we'd ordered almost 2 hours before still hadn't made it to our table when we finally gave up. The manager indicated he didn't realize there was a concert that night.

The show was awesome, though :)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    know1 said:

Spoony C said:

As a UK fan who has gone to Rupp for basketball games many times over the years, I would agree with almost everything in this post. Yum is much better, although I will say the signage and directions for getting around are probably even more confusing there. Everything else is better, though. Luckily, Rupp doesn't get many concerts worth actually attending, though. This was my first since 2003.

It was a complete disaster for this concert in terms of concessions and the crowded concourse. The disaster was only exceeded by the disaster of all the downtown bars and restaurants that were apparently completely unprepared for the concert - and some apparently didn't even know it was going on. Almost everyone I know had horrible service and most gave up and got a slice of pizza on their walk back to the arena. At our place - Parley Social - some of the food we'd ordered almost 2 hours before still hadn't made it to our table when we finally gave up. The manager indicated he didn't realize there was a concert that night.

The show was awesome, though :)
    Columbia had the same problem in 2008 but this time they were much better prepared.
    Hopefully Lexington learns from this. I loved the town and we stopped at a brew joint called Drakes. a little outside of town but the food was excellent.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    rbrum7 said:

pjalive21 said:

First time being in GA on Mike's side 3 rows bavk from the cage and I must say I was surrounded by awesome energetic people...Mike was on fire and I missed out on some Ed wine but ecstatic a ladies (who had a badass walking boot and crutches with hand painted pearl jam items on them) daughter got a pic with Mike against the rail during a solo, I was fortunate to grab a pic a nice present on my bday ...Mike was in rare form and the band was super revved up and Ed was in an emotional all state

Geez, as I was reading this post, I thought to myself 'wow, this might actually be a post from this guy where he doesn't point out it was his bday'. Then I got to the end and realized that he did in fact mention it for the 50th time, haha.

We get it dude, it was your bday. Everyone has one. How old did you turn? 12?

Glad you enjoyed yourself, but sheesh.
    turned 13...glad you kept a tally of how many times I mentioned my bday...don't be a buzzkill this meant a lot to me for many reasons that you obviously don't care about

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Jason P said:

I've seen quite a few shows, but that's about the best overall mood for the band that I think I've witnessed.

Mike was super jacked up and Ed seemed emotional...they definitely fed into the crowd's energy