Pearl Jam
Rupp Arena
Lexington, KY
April 26, 2016
Set List

Walk On Music:08:30 It Happened Today-R.E.M
Band On Stage: 08:32
Band Off Stage: 11:34

(Band walks onstage to R.E.M and the house lights on. Song starts with house lights still on. House lights come down during the second half of the first verse)

01. Lightning Bolt
02. Mind Your Manners
03. Animal
04. Why Go
05. Deep
06. Satan’s Bed
(Ed says it looks great having people in seats all the way to the top. He thanks the audience and Coach Cal for the all the championship flags in the building because it helps the sound on stage.)
07. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
08. Corduroy
09. Sirens (sing along outro)

(Ed introduces the next song as being for all of the teachers and intellectuals here tonight. He asks if anybody in the band graduated from university? None have. “Don’t tell our kids, we are gonna try and keep that lie going for a while.”)

10. Education
11. Even Flow (Mike goes into the crowd to solo. Ed gives the mic to someone in the audience. for a line. It doesn’t stay long.)
12. Spin The Black Circle

(We’ve played to a lot of active duty members and veterans on this tour. I hope that they get to stick around and that the government pays attention to all the hard work they have to do. This one is for you.)

13. Army Reserve
14. Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall-part 2-(Waters){lyric changed to “preacher leave those kids alone” instead of teacher}
15. 1/2 Full (Ed inserts Donald Trump into the lyrics. During the outro Ed reflects a spotlight off of the pick guard of his guitar back into the audience like a sweeping spot light)
16. Given To Fly
17. Swallowed Whole
18. Lukin (with a slow intro)
19. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break One
(EV compliments the audience on their energy and thanks them for giving it up. He says, “It sure is beautiful here in Kentucky. I don’t remember that. And there has to be more than one guy that paints all the fences white. That has to be a two man job.” He also compliments Kentucky on making the right choice in rejecting laws that would have discriminated against others.)

20. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney) {Ed solo}
21. Just Breathe {Dedicated to Matthew and Lindsey}
22. Thumbing My Way

(“I’d like to dedicate this one to a friend we all knew. Mr. Tomas Young.” Ed talks about how heroic Tomas was and also notes that a new book came out by Mark Wilkerson about Tomas Young.)

23. Comfortably Numb-(Gilmour, Waters)
24. Do The Evolution
25. Sonic Reducer-(Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero)
26. Porch

Encore Break Two

27. Smile
(This song is about treating your woman right. I know that isn’t a problem here. You are all gentlemen. I hear a lot of stories about college and they better clean up their acts before my daughters go to college.)
28. Leaving Here-(Holland, Holland, Dozier)
29. Black
30. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
31. Alive
32. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
33. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    Wow. What a set.

Thumbing...1/2 Full.

Lexington rocked!
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,549
    19th show and I got 5 new songs. Deep finished Ten for me too. Gonna have to soak this one in. Probably #2 PJ show for me.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    That...was...amazing!
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • Wow
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Holy shit what did I just witness? Me and my buddy are still trying to comprihend this show. Simply incredible. Band was at their best and they fed off the crowd all night. Simply amazing.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • DPAttyDPAtty Posts: 58
    My 11th show. Still getting new ones each time. My 9 year old son's first. (Well, technically his second, but he was 8.5 months in utero for the first one.) Eddie said hi to him at the start. "Hey little man!" Then ran to give him a tambourine during YL. The man next to us had a son the same age who also was at his first show and also got a tambourine. I'm crying tears of happiness as I write this. The music tonight, the energy, the love in the room...it was palpable. God I love this fucking band. We also were right in front of the sign language interpreters...how beautiful to see what some of my favorite songs look like! Thank you 10C for the phenomenal seats. Thank you to members of this community I met tonight, and random Jamily members who went an extra mile to make sure my son had a great time. Thank you Eddie, Mike, Matt, Stone, Jeff, and Boom. The love runs two generations deep in this family!
    "But first he was stripped and then he was stabbed by faceless men, well, fuckers, he still stands!"
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead..."
    "'You're still alive,' she said.  Oh, and do I deserve to be?  Is that the question?  And if so...if so...who answers?...who answers?" 
    "I believe, and I believe 'cuz I can see our future days. Days of you and me."

1998.08.26 Cleveland/Cuyahoga Falls; 2000.10.14 Houston; 2000.10.15 Houston; 2003.04.06 Houston;
    2004.10.02 Toledo; 2006.05.20 Cleveland; 2006.05.22 Auburn Hills; 2010.05.06 Columbus;
    2010.05.09 Cleveland; 2014.10.01 Cincinnati; 2016.04.26 Lexington; 2018.08.18 Chicago N1;
    2018.08.18 Chicago N2; 2022.09.08 Toronto; 2022.09.22 Denver; 2023.09.10 Noblesville, IN
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I know I was signing my ass off, and now am alittle hoarse. The crowd was great and signing pretty loud. Can't wait to relive the night with the bootleg. Got few Lost Dogs. Deep finished off Ten for me too. Wow. Matt's bass drum was fucking kicking. Thought my heart was gonna pound out of my chest.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    edited April 2016
    Light hearted show in Lex, not on level of the SC shows due to the encores tonight. Brilliant main set though, encores felt a tad vanilla. However, there was a jovial vibe tonight which fit the encores well.

There were a few too many covers for me personally, but the band seemed to be in happy mood. Definitely my least fav of my four shows this tour (SC shows, and VA), but still pretty darn good! Made a lot of great memories in Kentucky today, all part of the PJ experience.

All that said, LB opener was cool! Excellent versions of Deep and Education. Satans Bed was mostly solid performance wise I thought, and a big highlight. Honestly, probably the best Just Breathe I've heard too.

Off to rest, and fight this shitty head cold I've had for 3 days.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • nmtheonmtheo Louisville Posts: 61
    Did anyone notice Ed getting upset about the sound? He came over several times to left of Stone acting quite perturbed!!!
    After just seeing the Columbia show, I must say that the bands energy was so much higher there, but maybe bc he was drinking on a couple bottles of wine! And then he did the whole chugging beer and letting it drool out of his mouth.
    Loved the set list!
    I guess after seeing Hampton...got the shaft on Raleigh...awesome show in Columbia...my expectations were set extremely high!
    KY PJ Fan
  • Mike on fuckin fire tonight. Best pj show I've seen. Better than wrigley 13 and Stl 14, last 2 I've seen.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    Half full and army reserve.. Unreal

Crowd was awesome. I was in ga tonight.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,791

Mike on fuckin fire tonight. Best pj show I've seen. Better than wrigley 13 and Stl 14, last 2 I've seen.

BLOODWHORE!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • socalstylesocalstyle Columbus, OH Posts: 40
    Sonic reducer was off the chain!!! Save it for later outro was unreal. Nifty playlist and unique. A gem for a bootleg.
    03 - Irvine
    10 - Columbus
    13 - Pittsburgh
    16 - Lexington, Chicago 2
    18 - Seattle 2, Missoula, Boston 1
  • rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
    Great set list. Right up my alley with the rarities.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
    I thought everything they did tonight worked except maybe swallowed whole. Just a great show and crowd.
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 273
    nmtheo said:

Did anyone notice Ed getting upset about the sound? He came over several times to left of Stone acting quite perturbed!!!
    After just seeing the Columbia show, I must say that the bands energy was so much higher there, but maybe bc he was drinking on a couple bottles of wine! And then he did the whole chugging beer and letting it drool out of his mouth.
    Loved the set list!
    I guess after seeing Hampton...got the shaft on Raleigh...awesome show in Columbia...my expectations were set extremely high!

He was absolutely pissed about the sound. So much so that he crawled under the stage 3 different times. It never got right to his expectations. But dude was losing it on the sound side of the stage.
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    edited April 2016
    Best sound mix I heard all tour. The room sounded great.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    This show was incredible! The setlist was really different. Satan's Bed early, Sonic Reducer in the first encore. The crowd was really energetic the whole night. The crowd faltered a little during the Better Man Dont Runaway singalong but Ed is a pro and righted the ship.

Ed ripped into Trump a few times during Half Full. Was hoping Lukin would be Slow Lukin but cool nonetheless. Nice to see Hide Your Love Away make a return.

I went to this show by myself but met some cool people in the pit. Incan't rank this show only because PJ is so consistent. This tour is one of the best though. They are playing more of the obscure tunes and it works. Time for sleep..

• KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    My 18th show with about 300 or so bootlegs collected and I will say that the band was great. Eddie was absolutely on fire, maybe an epic night for him! And the crowd was very average to me. And this is my hometown show.

This show was incredible! The setlist was really different. Satan's Bed early, Sonic Reducer in the first encore. The crowd was really energetic the whole night. The crowd faltered a little during the Better Man Dont Runaway singalong but Ed is a pro and righted the ship.

Ed ripped into Trump a few times during Half Full. Was hoping Lukin would be Slow Lukin but cool nonetheless. Nice to see Hide Your Love Away make a return.

I went to this show by myself but met some cool people in the pit. Incan't rank this show only because PJ is so consistent. This tour is one of the best though. They are playing more of the obscure tunes and it works. Time for sleep..

We should've met up. We have similar opinions. ;)
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 880
    SATANS BED YOU GUYS CMON
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 273
    Really strong versions of "the hits" Alive, Porch, Even Flow, and especially Black. Satans Bed, Education, Sonic Reducer, and Army Reserve were nice surprises and very tight. Great show overall. Noticed that Sirens is the universal bathroom break; the place damn near emptied during. The aisles were full of people. It's sad. A good song but it never feels natural in a set. Just my opinion. This was my last show of the tour. Greenville and Lexington were great trips. The band has been smoking.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Mike on fuckin fire tonight. Best pj show I've seen. Better than wrigley 13 and Stl 14, last 2 I've seen.

BLOODWHORE!
  • juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Damn! And I put in for the lottery for this show and cancelled it due to work, brilliant move on my part! What an awesome set!! Keep it up PJ!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469
    Another nice set list. Still the 2 shows in South Carolina were just above and beyond so far.
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    GREAT!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    wow... that is a great looking setlist. jealous of all you lucky people that got to go!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Great set and great crowd. Sound was good in GA.

Got my white whale...Thumbing.

Thanks PJ! See ya at Wrigley!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • JoshoeuhJoshoeuh Posts: 167
    I found this to be a very energetic, in your face set. The band was on fire from the beginning. I have no other shows from this tour to compare it to, but energy-wise this was the best show I've seen since Columbus 2010.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited April 2016
    Had a feeling they'd play Satan's Bed tonight. 1/2 full and Education were amazing live. I thought it was the best crowd of the tour so far. Great show! The girl next to me wanted RVM. They played it and it was a great rocking version. Happy that she got to see it! We all rocked out! Was definitely a highlight for the people in my section!
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16