Amazing Athens 9-30-06

omniomni Posts: 1
edited December 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I don,t know if Pearl Jam always perform the way they did in Athens but I do believe that something out of the ordinnary happened in there.I,m not a fanatic of P.J. but I was blown by the directness those guys had. It's something I thought I would never see again ,I thought that a crowd and a band could not communicate the way it happened that night.There was a vibe in the air since beat 1 and it just grew biger. I believe this happened both ways and P.J. were also taken by this.I thought that a crowd of 200 and not 8.000 or so could have this kind of interaction at a gig. Even today I have the gig running in my head-it doesn't let me go. I couldn't listen to music for 3 days,believe it or not ,that much socked I was!! I feel lucky and honnored I was in there that night and felt the way I did .Of cource all the credit goes to Pearl Jam and if you guys are reading this a big thank you to you!
I would like to hear from other fans of Pearl Jam about this and whatever else.
Stathi,Soundman,Musician,39
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DananDanan Posts: 94
    Hi there

I'm a Greek Kiwi. I headed over for the 3 shows in Melbourne. I had been waiting since 1998 (my first time) to see them again. Before i went to Australia I downloaded the Athens show 2 (my first download of the year). I have to tell you, it was something really special to hear Pearl Jam play somewhere that had waited so long to see them, and especially that I was in Athens for the first time at the start of this year (on a trip with young part greek people from South America, South Africa and Australasia).

Anyway, just wanted to say this show gave me Peaarl Jam chills that I hadn't had for a few years. I'm really happy to hear how special it was for you to be there. I have images of the show in my head too!

Na Se Kala
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    glad u loved the gig... but that boot drives me nuts :S
  • PapPap Serres, GreecePosts: 17,640
    :triumph:
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
    edited June 2016
    A reason for Pearl Jam to come back to our beautiful country (Eddie said so, not me) after 10 years: Be the first band to fill the air of the Nikos Galis (stadium? - formerly known as OAKA Sports Hall) with nice melodies. And while we're at it, you could also add a second night and play at the second basketball arena (the Nick Galis Hall) in Greece being named after the FIBA Hall of Famer.
    Post edited by Pap on
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin
    I wanna [Pearl] jam it wid you.
    Were [Pearl] jammin, [Pearl] jammin
    And I hope you like [Pearl] jammin too.

Sep 30, 2006 - OAKA Sports Hall - Athens, Greece
    Jul 11, 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl - Milton Keynes, UK
    11 years ago to the day... :smiley:
    Ooh, yeah! All right!
    Were [Pearl] jammin