Options

Bruce w/ PJ in Philly?

ontheroadontheroad Posts: 249
edited April 2016 in The Porch
Bruce's tour ends tonight in NYC. Off until May. He was side stage last time in Philly watching the band. Will he finally take the stage? Might be the only thing that can top what they've done to this point in the tour. Historic start.
"I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
Post edited by ontheroad on

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,012
    ontheroad said:

Bruce's tour ends tonight in NYC. Off until May. He was side stage last time in Philly watching the band. Will he finally take the stage? Might be the only thing that can top what they've done to this point in the tour. Historic start.

Maybe they'll cancel the show together? :dizzy:

No, but that would be cool if he joined them. Was there in 2013 when he was in the building!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 249
    Saw that Bruce played "Trapped" last night. I know that's a favorite of Ed's. Duet on Thursday? Definitely one I can see PJ playing well.
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Better chance of rocky showing up..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    Wma31394 said:

Better chance of rocky showing up..

LMAO ... any chance of Apollo or Adonis?
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    god let's hope not. i'd like pj just to play a show with no covers or guests.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    mcgruff10 said:

Ace playing Black Diamond was pretty freakin sweet
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:

say what? why in the world would you NOT want Bruce Springsteen to show up? it would be unique, and a lot more interesting than seeing given to fly for the 34th time in my opinion

I also love covers... again, because it is unique... when I've seen a band 35+ times unique moments are hard to come by so I will take what I can get
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

say what? why in the world would you NOT want Bruce Springsteen to show up? it would be unique, and a lot more interesting than seeing given to fly for the 34th time in my opinion

I also love covers... again, because it is unique... when I've seen a band 35+ times unique moments are hard to come by so I will take what I can get
    This....... I'm not much of a fan of Jay Z or Beyoncé, but getting to see the collaborations with each @ MIA & GCF were really awesome, unique experiences for me.

I would love to see Bruce take the stage either (or both!) of the next two nights.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

I ve seen bruce around 20x live; hell I ve run into him at the gym and around red bank many times. I just wouldn't want to see him with pj for some reason.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    11thfingerphilly11thfingerphilly Posts: 27
    edited April 2016
    Don't know if it still the case but in the past, Bruce would not just jump on stage and play. He would only play if he was part of the soundcheck.
    Never understood why everyone wants a guest appearance at a Pearl Jam show.
    John Popper playing harmonica on Even Flow at Randall's Island and Ace Freely on Black Diamond at the Borgata were cool. Not something I needed.
    Everyone wants Bruce and Neil...
    At the same time I do love Eddie covering Growin Up ( back in the day of pre-show sets)

I would love a no cover show.
    Post edited by 11thfingerphilly on
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Could go for some "Reason to Believe" in encore 2 tonight
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    I would be in favor of a one song collaboration with Bruce at one of the shows this week. Loved seeing them with Neil in Toronto.... My all time best ending to a show ever.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore