Options

Beyoncé - Lemonade

God damn. This is quite the album. Possibly not what what you would expect from her. Anyone else check this out yet. It's on iTunes tonight if you don't fuck with Tidal.

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    For everyone who thinks shes just a pop act, this is the album thats gonna change your mind. Its a real forward thinking LP.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,005

For everyone who thinks shes just a pop act, this is the album thats gonna change your mind. Its a real forward thinking LP.

She has talent, no doubt. I need to check this out. Everyone is going CRAZY over this.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

forward thinking? can you elaborate a bit to help me. ty

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Musically. Mixture of indie and R&B. Even a bit of hard rock and New Orleans brass thrown in. Killer beats, open and emotional lyrically.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    thanks. for the insight. sounds good+
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,638
    It's solid, and I respect her talent, but I can't help but think this album is being highly overrated having listened to it a few times. Like she is being held to a different standard than every other artist out there.

I like the song Freedom, Kendrick is killing it as always.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Apart from Crazy In Love, I can't stand her or her Radio Disney pop crap songs. She's the Kartrashian of music.
  • Options
    That's too bad. Pop music is pretty great now a days. But I think this album is pretty far away from radio pop.

I'm not sure what the Kardashian of music means though?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,867
    I heard the song w/ Jack White on the radio this past weekend. Sounded pretty good.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    It's a surprisingly good album. Up there with A Moon Shaped Pool for album of the year, imo so far . . .go check out the song with Jack White if you're on the fence.