Options

Which full album would be a letdown at a show for you?

Yoeddy1Yoeddy1 Boise, Idaho Posts: 103
Not to be nagative or anything, but if Pearl Jam was going to play a full album at YOUR show, which one or ones would disappoint you?

For me it would be Backspacer and Avacado. Bring on everything else!

Jason
Restless soul...enjoy your youth!

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,759
    Riot Act
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited April 2016
    Backspacer or, with less disappointment, LB. I'd be happy to hear every other one (especially Binaural and Riot Act).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,486
    Backspacer & LB.

I would be happy to hear any album live, including either of those, but if I was ranking each album, these would be at the bottom. (Mostly because I've seen then ten times since 2010 & those two albums have dominated most of the shows.)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    LB and Backspacer.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    it will be interesting what they would play with vitalogy
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534

it will be interesting what they would play with vitalogy

That's one I'd be super stoked to hear, but only if they play ALL of it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Man would it be funny if they cancelled a show or two in protest of all the don't play this, don't play that stuff.
    You know, just to let the fans know they read these forums and don't appreciated being told what not to play.
    Imagine if they cancelled one Wrigley and one MSG........oh, oh
  • Options
    pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    LB and Backspacer for me as well
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    Backspacer and LB but only becuase I've already got most of them.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Binaural and riot act.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Backspacer and LB are the slam dunk choices- just really mediocre albums.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    Backspacer for me too.
    Although if they played the Sydney 2014 bootleg I'd be annoyed as I liked it so much the first time!
  • Options

Agree. If I had to choose 1 out of those it is painful choice
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    I would not expect them to do Backspacer and LB yet due to their relative newness. 10 or so years from now, once fans have had more time to come to terms with those albums and most of the songs become relatively rare, people will be stoked to hear them cover to cover. And the band will oblige.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,486

I don't think LB is mediocre at all, I like it a lot, I've just heard everything I want to & then some..... I'm just a little worn out on it, the same way I burnt myself out on Binaural many years ago. I love the album, just need a break.

Backspacer on the other hand.......
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Backspacer or Riot Act

Lightning Bolt is a good album
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    The answer to,the question in the title of the thread would be NONE
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    None. Every LP of theirs is awesome!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Avocado would be a dream. Backspacer has a handful of very good live songs on it -- Got Some, Unthought Known, Against the Waves, Force of Nature -- so my only disappointment would be that I saw them a bunch of times that tour and have already heard most of those songs live.

Hands down the album I'd least like to hear live would be LB. I've given it so many tries and yet I still just don't like it (with the exception of a select few tracks). If it wasn't a Pearl Jam album I'd probably hate it. Sleeping By Myself is the worst decision the band has ever made regarding putting a song on an album, and I've gotten it full-band live twice already. So yeah, LB for me.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    none
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,640
    AlaG said:

I would not expect them to do Backspacer and LB yet due to their relative newness. 10 or so years from now, once fans have had more time to come to terms with those albums and most of the songs become relatively rare, people will be stoked to hear them cover to cover. And the band will oblige.

I will never be stoked to hear either of those albums cover to cover. I won't even include them in my choice because they are so clearly the weakest albums of the catalogue. With that being said, I choose avocado. Heard it already anyway, and it's the weakest of the good albums.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    I'd much rather not hear any album straight through. That element of surprise is one of the best parts of the experience.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    DPrival78 said:

I'd much rather not hear any album straight through. That element of surprise is one of the best parts of the experience.

Agree! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    momma_sonmomma_son Posts: 51
    AlaG said:

Unfortunately 10 or so years from now they will be in their sixties and a shell of what they are now.

• Options
    momma_sonmomma_son Posts: 51
    Backspacer. But I love me some amongst the waves and unthought known
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    momma_son said:

AlaG said:

Unfortunately 10 or so years from now they will be in their sixties and a shell of what they are now.

Disagree. A lot will change between now and then. In particular, I'm sure some of the heavier songs will gradually get phased out. But their shows are going to continue to get better.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited April 2016
    Backspacer or Backspacer, and Backspacer, oh what was that other, oh yeah Backspacer, as long as it is none of them, I am good
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I feel like a lot of people aren't into riot act. I personally love the album. What do people have against it?
  • Options
    Yoeddy1Yoeddy1 Boise, Idaho Posts: 103
    There are songs that I like on Riot Act and I always wanted to get into it, but I just can't. Everything up to Binaural is gold for me.

Jason
    Restless soul...enjoy your youth!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    None