*** Columbia, SC Fanviews Here 4/21/16 ***

Comments

• tfreaney said:

I realize it is impossible to please everyone; however, this has to be said: STOP BITCHING! If you are a TRUE Pearl Jam fan, you are happy for ANY opportunity to be in the same building with the band. Who cares if one show is similar to the next? I was at all 4 Florida shows and while I have an opinion on each show, they were all amazing to my boyfriend and I. Met awesome people - some true fans, some idiots and some indifferent - at each show and loved every minute of it all. We'll be at both Philly shows - where I know both will have tons of TRUE fans - and afterward will be left in "PJ withdrawal". Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but if you feel the need to complain - stay home and let the rest of us enjoy our time with our favorite band...

Right on, well said.

1992-8-18 Lollapalooza, Raleigh NC
    2012-11-24 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2012-11-25 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2013-10-27 Baltimore MD
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville VA
    2013-10-30 Charlotte NC
    2013=making up for lost time

[/img]
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    It's easier to support their decision when you aren't the person travelig across the country for a cancelled show.

My biggest complaint is that they waited soo long. They should have announced ithat when Bruce did. I could have cancelled hotels with 1 more days notice.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
    I also saw a heavy flow of people leaving the show during Ledbetter. The band seems so disconnected with their long time fans it's sad. They are just too predictable.
  • Dude, stay home next time. Seems it's Not For You.

1992-8-18 Lollapalooza, Raleigh NC
    2012-11-24 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2012-11-25 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2013-10-27 Baltimore MD
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville VA
    2013-10-30 Charlotte NC
    2013=making up for lost time

[/img]
    I would have stayed home but I had to come in person to pickup my $160 tickets that i couldve gotten on stubhub for half price.
  • PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469
    Good Lord.
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Oh and Yesterdays was a real treat too, for whoever mentioned that not being openly expressed here. So many highlights, one is bound to miss mentioning them all.
    :).
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited April 2020
    NM
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    jordn6971 said:

I also saw a heavy flow of people leaving the show during Ledbetter. The band seems so disconnected with their long time fans it's sad. They are just too predictable.

Disconnected? Predictable?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    You're tripping dude

• pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    check
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    jordn6971 said:

This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • dh280236dh280236 Texas Posts: 13
    Global warming is a myth and Eddie Vedder is a shill for the New World Order.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I wish McCready would have showed up to play, vs point at people and fuck songs up. I couldn't even hear him. Worst show I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot... that may have been my last. I need to transfer my Wrigley tickets, no way am I going to chitcago
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    pjtaper said:

I wish McCready would have showed up to play, vs point at people and fuck songs up. I couldn't even hear him. Worst show I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot... that may have been my last. I need to transfer my Wrigley tickets, no way am I going to chitcago

I hope this is a joke right?

I was in GA in front.. Where the sound is considerable worse then in other places in the venue where sound has the ability to spread out.. I heard Mike fine in the mix and have a very discerning ear.. The sound was much better then in Tampa and in FTL maybe about the same as in Jax and Miami. I have friends that were spread all over the venue that said the mix was fine.. Mike's playing overall was very good.. He will always have a few missed cues and flubs... If the Yellow Ledbetter solo is going to ruin your evening you have your own issues to work out.. Dude he is wailing all night long...

Guys any way you look at it, this show was great.. Set, performance, energy etc...

If you were pissed before you got there about Raleigh, or you are expecting perfection you can always find something wrong to complain about!

Oceans
    Immortality
    Yesterday's
    Footsteps
    Sleight
    Marker
    Light Years
    Chloe / Crown
    I Got Shit
    Low Light

C'mon Great Fuckin Show!!!
    jordn6971 said:

How are all those great tunes predictable!!! Many of them were the first time played this tour!

1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

Was just posting my fanview... I think the Raleigh killed any chance of me enjoying columbia
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    pjtaper said:

I'll be happy to take a Wrigley off your hands. Thanks.
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    this is quite a fanview thread...what is weird is I can kinda relate to all the positives and negatives...seems to be a lot of defensiveness towards any negative sentiment on an opinion thread
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    It was a killer show!!!

And anytime someone uses the term "True Fan" in their post you have found someone whose opinion actually doesn't matter. True fan? Like you are the judge? C'mon.

I'm surprised anyone that saw that show thought the band was disconnected. It seems crazy to me. More likely just anger and disappointment of Raleigh spilling over and color their view that night. It's too bad to. Bad enough for the band to cancel a show and ruin that night, don't know why you'd want to ruin another by staying mad.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Yes, the cancelation of Raleigh is something I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over. My friend was supposed to fly down from Wisco, my other friend who has been in the 10C longer than I have(95), from Denver... My buddy from Wisco didn't want to fly down after Raleigh was cancelled, his expensive flight was refundable. Since he wasn't coming down to pick up the tix, they emailed the 10C seeing if they could help the other friend from CO get at least one of his tickets. The 10C was nice enough to respond, "Sorry". I don't want to turn this into a bitching thread, I was voicing my opinion of the show. I've seen PJ around 150 times, first show was Milwauke 1995. I was one of the original Wishlist party people in 2006. I've been around... Canceling a show last minute was a total punch in the face, maybe that is why the Columbia show seemed so off for me... maybe it was the Guns N Roses shows, seeing Slash, a better guitar player than McCready, and Jimmy Herring with Widespread Panic the two nights before, playing his mind blowing solos where I could hear every single note... I don't know, but I'm very upset with the band I have loved more than anything since 1993 or so.
  • KR151056KR151056 Posts: 16
    pjtaper said:

Yes, the cancelation of Raleigh is something I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over.....

Good for you for voicing your views and opinions. I agree that Raleigh soured Columbia for me and those I attended with....it was a punch in the face. All those shaming anyone with a viewpoint other than PJ's is ridiculous. Because you like a band's music you have to become a sheep and subscribe to EVERYTHING PJ? We walk upright, have a frontal lobe and opposable thumbs for a reason :). Gah! Dare I say "it's evolution baby"?!?!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited April 2016
    I don't think PJ has ever really had a great sound live. Always muddy.
  • I'm a relative noob here, but wanted to post my fanview of the show. We had a great time, met some great people in the merch line who helped to pass the time and then met a great couple from New Mexico who we talked to after the show for so long that security kicked us out of the CLA. It was a great show. Oceans to open was out of this world for me. I got to hear Footsteps, SOLAT, Got Some, and Chloe/Crown of Thorns among others. I have waited so long for Chloe and to hear it was beyond belief for me. That song sends me back to high school and my MLB days, I loved their music so much. I thought the sound was great, the energy was awesome, and the crowd was great. Maybe Mike was off, but I never noticed. I thought his energy was incredible, as was Eddie's. Eddie did miss some words on a few songs, but I always find that funny and it shows he is human. All in all a great show. Can't wait for August to get here and see them in Boston.
  • rylanrylan Posts: 204
    jordn6971 said:

I would have stayed home but I had to come in person to pickup my $160 tickets that i couldve gotten on stubhub for half price.

Man I feel bad for the poor fans that had to sit or stand next to you at that show. Bring your negative shit elsewhere man.

• FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 63
    I guess it only took me 3 days or so to get to this... and now no one will care LOL

I went to Greenville and then Columbia. The 2 shows were very different.

Columbia was a much mellower affair for the band. They started with slower songs, played a few sitting down in the middle and then ended with Yellow Ledbetter. The crowd energy was great and the pit energy was great. I did a quick look at the setlists of the all of the shows I have been to and realized that the shows have gotten longer since 98, by about 5 to 6 songs per set. Also, as they have been together longer the setlists vary more show to show. What a truly unique experience it is to see Pearl Jam live.

Greenville was the best show I have been to and Columbia was in the top 10 of all shows I have seen. I hope to not hear Corduroy, Even Flow or a few other songs I have heard at least 8 times :) Maybe they can open with Tremor Christ and Red Mosquito for Wrigley night 1.
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016
  • dh280236dh280236 Texas Posts: 13
  • shill???sss...pawns all of us....heres b to queen... we will rock you...heres...the prince is never apparent until youve kissed afee for a frog... to the end of the roll.
    .cheers to all
    dh280236 said:

totally. eddie vedder is our savior. he can do no wrong
  • not that there is any thongg wrong with that....
    KR151056 said:

pjtaper said:

Yes, the cancelation of Raleigh is something I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over.....

Good for you for voicing your views and opinions. I agree that Raleigh soured Columbia for me and those I attended with....it was a punch in the face. All those shaming anyone with a viewpoint other than PJ's is ridiculous. Because you like a band's music you have to become a sheep and subscribe to EVERYTHING PJ? We walk upright, have a frontal lobe and opposable thumbs for a reason :). Gah! Dare I say "it's evolution baby"?!?!
    Well said! It was a punch in the face. A smaller club show could have easily been arranged for all 10C ticket holders... they took the easy way out, and screwed everyone. Bit off their own noses to spite their faces
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for the show, Pearl Jam. I had a great weekend, and I don't want to go to work today.
    Post edited by what dreams on