Options

Ted Leo Setlist

opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Has he been doing the same set every night?
I started to be less annoyed by him during Hartford, and would like to know what he played that night and at Camden 2
2006: Hartford
2008: Camden 2, Hartford
2010: Hartford
2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
2015: NYC
2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    They've been mixing it up a bit, but I've noticed that they've been playing Me and Mia as well as Where Have All The Rude Boys Gone at pretty much every show.
  • Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    from msg 2 till now hes been closing every show with "stove by a whale" which he hadnt done prior and is an awesome rockout song
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    anyone know of any of the complete setlists for Ted Leo?
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    pj0705 wrote:
    anyone know of any of the complete setlists for Ted Leo?

Probably not exactly, as, he's throwing a few new songs into the mix ...

MSG I went something like ...

Sons of Cain
    Where Have all the Rude Boys Gone
    New Song
    New Song
    Me and Mia
    Counting Down the Hours
    Bomb Repeat Bomb
    Little Dawn

... order may be off a touch, but that was it ... those 8 songs ... under 30 minutes.

I've seen him several times in San Fran, and it doesn't even compare, these opening sets are SO disappointing. Sound is off as it's not set up for them, no banter, and he's completely rushed.

There will be a lot of people who, this being their first time hearing him, will judge them based on this and that's a shame.

Should be noted that the new songs, even with the sound issues, are very promising .... sounded (like they could be) great.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Brado009Brado009 Posts: 5
    My buddy was at MSG 2 and likes Ted Leo. He texted me during the show that Ted only got 22 minutes so he emailed Ted. Here is the thread. Bottom line is that PJ isn't letting Ted Leo play for very long. If you check tedleo.com, my friends email made the website:

Caught your "set" last night at the Garden before PJ. 20 minutes? What the f**k? I believe it was the 6th time I've seen you live and by far the most disappointing.

From Ted:
    Really? Well why did you pay $77 to see it then?
    We were only given a half-hour (and no sound check), and were
    chastised for going over by a minute or two the previous night, so we
    figured we'd err on the side of caution on Wed.
    If you've seen us 6 "f**king" times, how hard would it be you to
    figure out that a 20 minute set by US, who usually play for well over
    an hour, might indicate that there were other factors at play?
    Use your "f**king" head before you e-mail me, who did his best to
    persevere under trying circumstances that particular night, and has
    ALWAYS tried to do things right for his fans, to tell me how
    "disappointed" you were.
    I'll gladly give you back the $1.77 that we earned from your ticket
    price if it bothers you that much - just tell me where to send the
    check.
    xo - Ted Leo

2nd response:
    Oh - and by the way - I miscalculated - it's actually only 33 cents
    that I owe you. That's right - 1.65 cents for every minute that we
    played, and to figure out what amount of that actually goes into our
    pockets, take out 30% in commissions to booking and management
    people, less the percentage of daily expenses and pay to our sound
    guy, merch guy, and tour manager, then divide what's left over
    equally among the four people in the band - "f**k" - you could
    actually end up owing ME money for that 20 minutes if I figure this
    out right...
    -T

My reply:
    Sweet...I made your website!!

I am actually glad that you responded. I know you're "real" unlike a lot of other people in the business...which is one of the things that I like about you and endears me to your music. Believe me, I wasn't writing to get a rise out of you. I guess, by disappointed, I meant I was disappointed that you were only alloted 20 or so minutes. Is this normal for the tour, or just something for the two garden shows because they decided to go long?

I wasn't diappointed with your play or your sound. Obviously, as a music fan, I knew there were other factors at play and I know you're not the headliners. I've been to a lot of shows where the opener, especially an opener as established as you guys, was given 45 minutes and sometimes an hour. Really, I feel bad for you. You get a prime time gig opening for PJ and they f you over by only allowing 20-30 minutes and then get all pissy when you go a minute or two long. I was even pumping you up to other fans before the show because, like I've said, I am fan of yours and know how much you put into your live shows. I was at Lollapalooza last year when you totally ate it during like the 2nd song, only get right back up and soldier on like nothing happened.

In your calculations, you forgot to include gas expenses, which is a lot more these days than in the past. Also, the ticket was $77 plus ticketbastard charges...bringing the total to $92. Tell me where to send the extra 30 cents that I now owe you and I'll be glad to help the cause.

Thanks again for responding and for the rep on the site. ;)

- Eric

Ted's reply to my reply:
    That's awesome - thanks for the response and your good humor about it!
    I actually really needed that...
    -T
  • Options
    sounds like he's mad at pearl jam. would that mean he wont be brought out at some point tonight as is typical for the opener at the last show? no RITFW?
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011