Vinyl Me Please

FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
Vinyl Me Please for May is Weezer Pinkerton. Looks good but I suspect if you are to buy a reissue of this the mofi would obe the one to go for. There does seem to be a lot of pointless reissues these days.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited May 2017
    Having just signed up for this thing, I'm feeling the need for a VMP thead. :)

So the June album is Kevin Morby's new album City Music. I didn't even realize I'd ever heard of this guy before, but I guess I had, since I found that I had a few of his songs saved to my Spotify library. Good sign I suppose. But I still have no idea if I'll like the album. However, here is a single from it, "Come To Me Now", and it sounds okay. http://pitchfork.com/news/72409-kevin-morby-announces-new-album-city-music-shares-new-track-come-to-me-now-listen/

Mellow.... I wish I had more of an idea what the rest of the album sounds like. Not sure if I want to swap or not.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited May 2017
    I swapped for Fiona Apple. I was up in the air about getting Tidal last month (having signed up for Demon Days and the National), I like the album but don't love it. I sold it on ebay to cover some costs of the sub. So I swapped this months and I guess I'll commit to Tidal for real now. 

edited May 2017
    I'm listening to Morby's 2016 album now - Singing Saw - since he said it's the "counterpart" to this new album .... it's pretty good. I like it more than I like Fiona Apple I think, although I'll give that album another solid listen too, before finalizing my decision, lol. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Kevin Morby is awesome.  Harlem River is a great album and so is "Still Life."  I would stick with the Morby album.  Music that grows on you.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    May 30th said:
    Kevin Morby is awesome.  Harlem River is a great album and so is "Still Life."  I would stick with the Morby album.  Music that grows on you.
    He's playing at a festival I'm going to this summer I'll have to check him out.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    What is Vinyl Me Please?  (I know, I could Google it but, as Johnny boy said, "I'm a lazy bastard! haha!")
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    brianlux said:
    What is Vinyl Me Please?  (I know, I could Google it but, as Johnny boy said, "I'm a lazy bastard! haha!")
    a vinyl subscription service
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    edited May 2017
    LukinFan said:
    brianlux said:
    Yes, you get one exclusive album per month (I think I paid $108 USD for 3 months, including shipping - this may be an international price; I imagine it's likely lower for US residents). And they give you an option to swap out the monthly selection with what I think are previous exclusive releases, so if you dislike one of their choices, you're not stuck with it. I just started doing it, but so far I am impressed by their efficiency. They seem on top of things, and on schedule.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    PJ_Soul said:
    LukinFan said:
    brianlux said:
    Yes, you get one exclusive album per month (I think I paid $108 USD for 3 months, including shipping - this may be an international price; I imagine it's likely lower for US residents). And they give you an option to swap out the monthly selection with what I think are previous exclusive releases, so if you dislike one of their choices, you're not stuck with it. I just started doing it, but so far I am impressed by their efficiency. They seem on top of things, and on schedule.
    I see, so like a book club. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    To get a $10 Vinyl Me, Please credit, join the club using this link: http://fbuy.me/fATJ5
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Hey dudes, 

can an anyone help me out? If you have a VMP account will you pick me up a copy of Bernice?  I will pay for it (it's $20 I think) and send you a few random vinyl mystery style for your help.

let me know please and thank you!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited June 2017
    Hey dudes, 

can an anyone help me out? If you have a VMP account will you pick me up a copy of Bernice?  I will pay for it (it's $20 I think) and send you a few random vinyl mystery style for your help.

I can order one for you if you want, if you can reimburse via PP. It's $22 USD including shipping (maybe less for US shipping - I think that price is to Canada). Just give me your address and I'll get it shipped straight to you. No need for anything extra from you - the shipping to Canada is too expensive, and I'd really barely be doing anything. :)  (You're talking the Bernice "Puff" album, clear vinyl, right?)
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hey dudes, 

I can order one for you if you want, if you can reimburse via PP. It's $22 USD including shipping (maybe less for US shipping - I think that price is to Canada). Just give me your address and I'll get it shipped straight to you. No need for anything extra from you - the shipping to Canada is too expensive, and I'd really barely be doing anything. :)  (You're talking the Bernice "Puff" album, clear vinyl, right?)

Youre awesome! PM you tomorrow.
    Shout out to @PJ_Soul for helping me out... thanks, you rock!!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Just picked up their repress of MMJ's 'Z' for $20 off Discogs. Cool club! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Just curious as to why they have a photo of vinyl with No Code in it....

Kind of weird for a site site that certainly has never repressed NC or any PJ for that matter
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    They have a selection of curated titles in their shop, in addition to their colored exclusives. No Code and Yield reissues were available in their shop back around their release.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Shout out to @PJ_Soul for helping me out... thanks, you rock!!
    Ali is awesome!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    kasedoug said:
    They have a selection of curated titles in their shop, in addition to their colored exclusives. No Code and Yield reissues were available in their shop back around their release.

That would explain it! Thanks 
    edited June 2017
    July's record of the month: Betty Davis (I can't see a track listing anywhere though). http://www.vinylmeplease.com/record-of-the-month/?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Learn+More&utm_content=Announcing+the+July+Record+of+the+Month!&utm_campaign=July+17_Record+Announcement+(ACT)

Not bad at all. She's pretty awesome. I might stick with it, but I suppose I will have to listen to the albums that I can swap for before deciding. Edit: I've decided to swap for Friend and Foe by Menomena. I've never heard of them, but just one listen tells me it's more up my alley. Not that I don't like Betty Davis, but I just can't see myself playing that as often. Oh, and whoohoo on discovering another new-to-me band. :)

Arctic Monkeys' debut album 'Whatever People Say That I Am, That's What I'm Not' is the new Record of the Month for April 2018. Special reissue on multi-color "smoke" vinyl. You can sign up here and receive a $10 VMP store credit: http://fbuy.me/eM55k

edited April 2018
    *Double post*

Post edited by kasedoug on
    That's a decent album.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    If anyone is a subscriber and is interested in selling or trading the March release of Beach House - Devotion, send me a PM :)
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    kasedoug said:
    Arctic Monkeys' debut album 'Whatever People Say That I Am, That's What I'm Not' is the new Record of the Month for April 2018. Special reissue on multi-color "smoke" vinyl. You can sign up here and receive a $10 VMP store credit: http://fbuy.me/eM55k

I'm thinking about grabbing this.  I'm not familiar with Vinyl Me.  Is there a code need to get $10 off?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    A whole shitload of Analogue Productions titles to preorder: https://www.vinylmeplease.com/collections/analogue-productions
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    Anyone selling The Roots - Phrenology vinyl they don't want?
  • dankind said:
    A whole shitload of Analogue Productions titles to preorder: https://www.vinylmeplease.com/collections/analogue-productions
    Take Five is on there...  Been wanting a clean version.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    dankind said:
    look at discogs....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    look at discogs....
    I’ve heard that the Analogue Productions Pet Sounds is sublime, but do I really need another version of Pet Sounds? I think I might. 

The others I already have are less tempting because I don’t read as much about them being the version of all versions. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM