*** Hampton, VA Fanviews Here 4/18/16 ***

Comments

• LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    Has it been long enough to look back and reflect on how awesome this setlist is? Can't wait for the bootleg.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Not at all.. Boot is on Sirius Thur at 2
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    I can't wait for the bootleg! Mentally, I just wasn't there at this show. Was going thru some personal shit and just didn't have the capacity to take it all in. I was looking forward to meeting some people from the forum & seeing a great show.. and I was just in a funk & didn't want any of it. It took me a week to even realize I got three new songs. I'm really anxious to listen to the boot and re-experience it in a more inviting mood!
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810

Not at all.. Boot is on Sirius Thur at 2

Word
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614

I can't wait for the bootleg! Mentally, I just wasn't there at this show. Was going thru some personal shit and just didn't have the capacity to take it all in. I was looking forward to meeting some people from the forum & seeing a great show.. and I was just in a funk & didn't want any of it. It took me a week to even realize I got three new songs. I'm really anxious to listen to the boot and re-experience it in a more inviting mood!

I know what you mean. I had a hard time focusing on the show because of the Raleigh cancellation which was announced as I was leaving the hotel and going to the Hampton show. Talk about ruining the mood! The show was great, but the Raleigh drama was hard to get past.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    Longest show of the tour so far?
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    nicknyr15 said:

Longest show of the tour so far?

I think so.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    It was definitely the longest show of the tour so far, and if you take out greenville and philly 2 which were special for obvious reasons, I'd argue it might be the best setlist of the tour. It's a shame that the NC cancellation ruined it for some people. I heard about it before the show, but didnt realize it was such a big deal (i expected the cancellation) until reading the fanviews. Thought the vibe in the building was nothing but positive. Great fucking show and i had a blast. Def a top 10 of my 20+. It's in danger of fading away into obscurity though after the shit i just witnessed in philly friday night.
  • jarkkonieminenjarkkonieminen Melbourne, Australia Posts: 126
    Travelled over from Australia for Hampton and Columbia shows. I really enjoyed this show. The setlist was quite diverse with Come Back and Inside Job from Avocado as well as a couple of nice cuts from No Code in Habit and In My Tree.

For me personally, finally got Sad at my 19th show so that was a personal highlight. Great song.
    Pearl Jam
    1995: Melbourne #3
    1998: Melbourne 1,2 & 3
    2003: Sydney #1, Adelaide, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3
    2006: Melbourne #1
    2009: Melbourne
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Charlotte, Phoenix
    2014: Melbourne, Cincinnati, Memphis, Denver
    2016: Hampton, Columbia
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2
    EV
    2011: Brisbane #2
    2014: Melbourne 2 & 3
    Lifted said:

It was definitely the longest show of the tour so far, and if you take out greenville and philly 2 which were special for obvious reasons, I'd argue it might be the best setlist of the tour. It's a shame that the NC cancellation ruined it for some people. I heard about it before the show, but didnt realize it was such a big deal (i expected the cancellation) until reading the fanviews. Thought the vibe in the building was nothing but positive. Great fucking show and i had a blast. Def a top 10 of my 20+. It's in danger of fading away into obscurity though after the shit i just witnessed in philly friday night.

If we don't count full albums , Hampton and MSG 1 easily had the best setlists. I'd argue that after VS in SC the set kinda sucked.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    ZeldaZonk said:

I know what you mean. I had a hard time focusing on the show because of the Raleigh cancellation which was announced as I was leaving the hotel and going to the Hampton show. Talk about ruining the mood! The show was great, but the Raleigh drama was hard to get past.
    The Raleigh cancellation had no effect on me. It was purely personal reasons and my mind was just occupied elsewhere.
    Sucks the boot is at 2 today..I have to work..Anybody know the replay schedule?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Rally eager to hear Not For You from the SB
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    The boot is sounding great with great guitar mixing and Ed's vocals are strong. Just listening to the tag in Daughter and loving it :)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    tbergs said:

The boot is sounding great with great guitar mixing and Ed's vocals are strong. Just listening to the tag in Daughter and loving it :)

Yeah, it sounds great. Guitar sounded a little sloppy during the It's OK tag...I didn't realize that when I was there since I was so damn excited that they were playing it!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188

I don't have Sirius anymore :disappointed:

I didn't either until last week so I could hear the boot premieres. Just do a free trial with a different email address and you're golden for 30 days on a PC stream :) Did the same thing with Nugs a few years ago to hear the boots.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 566
    sounds good to me. bringing back sweet sweet memories of all you fuckers.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • This might be one of my favorite shows I've attended
    To rank 2016 for me
    Hampton
    Greenville
    Columbia
    MSG 1
    MSG 1 could have been #2, but, I saw half those songs in Columbia
    So, I'll rank them in order of date.
    Hampton was #1
    Breath, Inside Job, Brain of J, Faithfull, In My Tree, Patriot, Sad plus so many others

Let's Go Fenway!!!!!!!!!
    2010 - Boston
    2011 - Alpine 1 & 2 --- EV - Providence & Boston - Tres Mts - Boston
    2012 - Missoula
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Worcester 1 & 2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    2014 - Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016 - Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, New York City 1, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1
  • From McCready interview in Rolling Stone magazine today:
    "Musically, I think we're hitting our stride right now. We're playing pretty great. I didn't feel that way after the first couple of shows. I felt like I messed up a lot on a few songs and we just didn't really have our bearings as a band. But by the third or fourth show it came together. I think it was in Hampton, Virginia. ... It was one of those things where the crowd involvement was phenomenal."

From McCready interview in Rolling Stone magazine today:
    "Musically, I think we're hitting our stride right now. We're playing pretty great. I didn't feel that way after the first couple of shows. I felt like I messed up a lot on a few songs and we just didn't really have our bearings as a band. But by the third or fourth show it came together. I think it was in Hampton, Virginia. ... It was one of those things where the crowd involvement was phenomenal."

Never understood the negativity about the actual show on these boards. People need to separate this show from the NC cancellation. This show was one of my faves of the tour that I attended.
  • I do think time is giving me better perspective on how good this show was. I was sitting at the stoplight on Coliseum Dr. when the email came through about the cancellation and it truly was a punch to the gut. There was nothing they could do that night to make me feel better at that moment. Sure it's not fair, but I've been with them every step of the way since the beginning and that's the only time I felt they truly had no clue what the right thing to do was. Well, more so HOW to do the right thing. Anyway, I'm not going to beat that dead horse anymore. It's awesome to hear Mike and others who have been to more shows speak highly of it.
    Listening to the boot now and it sounds phenomenal. The mix is essentially perfect. Fuckin great gig

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    Can't wait to put it on in my car. This will likely go down as the most overlooked show of the tour. Phenomenal setlist (one of the best of the tour), and the band was really tight based on my perception at the show. Hope the bootleg confirms what I heard live.
    Lifted said:

Can't wait to put it on in my car. This will likely go down as the most overlooked show of the tour. Phenomenal setlist (one of the best of the tour), and the band was really tight based on my perception at the show. Hope the bootleg confirms what I heard live.

Everything I've listened to so far on the boot only confirms your points. Definitely an overlooked show, I must concur. Up to Daughter now and the main set has been close to flawless. Killer boot, and its not just because I was there. It's really a fantastic bootleg in terms of sound, flow, energy, performance, and just so well done.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592

Lifted said:

Everything I've listened to so far on the boot only confirms your points. Definitely an overlooked show, I must concur. Up to Daughter now and the main set has been close to flawless. Killer boot, and its not just because I was there. It's really a fantastic bootleg in terms of sound, flow, energy, performance, and just so well done.
    I like to hear that. I still think it was close to the most 'balanced' show. It didn't tail off anywhere or go off the rails. Greenville was great, for example, for Vs., but then right after it had a lame 5 song run. Hampton never did.
    Listening to it now...did they just kind of abruptly end setting forth and go into not for you, or did something get cut off on the tape? Kind of an odd transition.

Ed struggled a bit on jeremy. Faithful was fuckin great. Havent made it past not for you. Good quality recording.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    Lifted said:

Listening to it now...did they just kind of abruptly end setting forth and go into not for you, or did something get cut off on the tape? Kind of an odd transition.

Ed struggled a bit on jeremy. Faithful was fuckin great. Havent made it past not for you. Good quality recording.

Live, they went right into it. If there's a gap, then it's an audio error. I heard a couple of hiccups on the FLL boot too.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Downloading now....
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Going to wait one more week for this and get Columbia as well..Got Tampa and Jacksonville today..should hold me over..Tampa sounding good.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016