*** Hampton, VA Fanviews Here 4/18/16 ***

Comments

• Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    What was the guy who got kicked out doing? Out of curiosity lol
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    DP285625 said:

nycrats said:

Ed tells him to “give it up, we already caught you being a douchebag, you are out of here. See you next time.”)

Any more details on this guy, anyone have an interaction? What was he doing?

I was right near the incident. The guy who got kicked out or his gf was holding up a small neon green sign during Lightning Bolt. I noticed what was going on when a tank topped bro ripped the sign out of their hands and threw it back behind him. The "douchebag" reached back to have someone hand him back his sign, and words were exchanged with him and the bro and a little scuffle ensued.

Sort of felt bad for the guy, but I'd never bring a fucking sign in the pit knowing that it's just going to block everyone's view. I feel bad enough if I break out my iPhone to snap a pic or two.

It was my first time getting lucky enough to have GA tickets for PJ. I've never had 10c ticket luck. I met a bunch of nice people and no one was pushing or shoving and other than that one incident it was very peaceful. I did expect it to be a little more crazy up front and center, but I'd rather it be a little calm than a mosh pit.

I was a little disappointed in the sound. I felt like because the main speakers were basically behind us, the sound felt dead and flat. I can't complain too much being 4 rows dead center from the stage.
    interesting so the guy who got kicked out was the sign holder or the sign knocker?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • DP285625DP285625 Posts: 5
    nycrats said:

DP285625 said:

nycrats said:

Ed tells him to “give it up, we already caught you being a douchebag, you are out of here. See you next time.”)

Any more details on this guy, anyone have an interaction? What was he doing?

I was right near the incident. The guy who got kicked out or his gf was holding up a small neon green sign during Lightning Bolt. I noticed what was going on when a tank topped bro ripped the sign out of their hands and threw it back behind him. The "douchebag" reached back to have someone hand him back his sign, and words were exchanged with him and the bro and a little scuffle ensued.

Sort of felt bad for the guy, but I'd never bring a fucking sign in the pit knowing that it's just going to block everyone's view. I feel bad enough if I break out my iPhone to snap a pic or two.

It was my first time getting lucky enough to have GA tickets for PJ. I've never had 10c ticket luck. I met a bunch of nice people and no one was pushing or shoving and other than that one incident it was very peaceful. I did expect it to be a little more crazy up front and center, but I'd rather it be a little calm than a mosh pit.

I was a little disappointed in the sound. I felt like because the main speakers were basically behind us, the sound felt dead and flat. I can't complain too much being 4 rows dead center from the stage.
    interesting so the guy who got kicked out was the sign holder or the sign knocker?
    He was the sign holder... him or his ladyfriend. The tank topped bro tore it out of their hands and threw it behind him. The guy who got kicked out was just trying to retrieve the sign when the scuffle ensued. Beer plus chivalry makes the scuffles like that happen. The bro was in the wrong imo.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,287
    Show last night had a good set list, I'm bummed about missing out on Long Road and it's ok tag for daughter.

I hope the band starts earlier and plays a 3.5 hour set to make up for losing Raleigh. How about playing the entire binaural album sprinkling in fatal, oceans, hard to imagine, and wash.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    edited April 2016
    Was at the show. Obviously, PJ played for over 3 hours so you cant ask for anything more than that. Even the worst PJ show is better than 99.9 percent of the shows out there. Last night was a bit of a strange show for me -- some amazing parts, some just OK parts. Timing of the NC decision did put a little damper on things as the couple sitting next to us were planning on taking their 10 year old to his first PJ show and had to call him to tell him it was cancelled.
    The good from last night:
    (1) Venue was tiny -- I don't think there was a bad seat in the house -- this venue made Baltimore look huge -- Ha!
    (2) Was really easy to get merch in the arena -- no lines until right before the show
    (3) I thought the energy was up and the band looked like it was having a good time
    (4) Love the hard openers -- faithful, Breath and ad lib to In My Tree were highlights for me.
    (5) Mike is the man

The OK
    (1) Sound was not great
    (2) Wishlist into Sirens kind of sucked some energy out of the place
    (3) Ed really screwed up sleeping by myself -- although he was kind of funny talking about Uke envy
    (4) Lightning Bolt got a little mangled with Ed kicking the guy out of the pit
    (5) Long Road is one of my favorite PJ songs but it didn't really work mid set (at least for me).

With all that said, a great over 3 hour night of PJ. Damn you PJ for teasing Yield with Brain of J into Faithful -- oh well. Looking forward to Philly.
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    I really enjoyed it. I bought a ticketmaster single (No 10c on this show) and my seat was right over Boom's left shoulder. I could see the band and the pit really well. I thought the show went well. Eddie showed a lot of courage and leadership in coming out alone after the encore to address the situation. He diffused the few boos quickly.

Regarding the mess up in "Sleeping" I find Eddie's slip-ups endearing and always have. I think it won the crowd over even more, how can you be mad at someone that screws up so lovably?

I was in G'ville and have/had tickets to Raleigh and Columbia. It changes my plans but I support their decision, I know it was tough for them to make that call.
  • bigpermbigperm Posts: 46
    Had a pretty good view of the incident. First, the guy and his girl plowed through GA from back to front...so she could hold up a neon green sign with "Oceans" on it. Some guy from behind yanks the sign and throws it back...this set off the scuffle, and Eddie sent security after the one that had pushed his way to the front. He then retreated 6-7 rows back to try to hide, but he was hard to miss...had to be 6'3" at least.

For the most part, GA was well behaved. It's been a while since I'd done it (Borgata) so wasn't sure what to expect...most people around me were friendly and respected each other's space...very little pushing forward...only a few.

Setlist itself was solid and a lot of the songs seemed to be extended/tagged. Eddie sounded good. Not sure this would make my top 5 though.
    6-29-98 Chicago, 10-9-00 Chicago, 4-23-03 Champaign, 6-18-03 Chicago, 7-1-03 Bristow, 10-1-04 Reading, 10-11-04 DC, 9-30-05 Atlantic City, 5-30-06 DC, 6-17-08 VA Beach, 8-17-08 DC (Ed), 6-15-09 Baltimore (Ed), 5-13-10 Bristow, 10-29-13 Charlottesville, 4-18-16 Hampton
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    BS44325 said:

Periscope sure isn't the same as being there but I have watched every show from the tour and you can tell that this one was just "off". Energy was subdued and why wouldn't it be? The band was pissed about having cancelled NC. The fans were pissed that the band cancelled NC. The whole thing just hung like a weight over the show and regardless of your stance on the politics there were no winners on this night. Time heals all wounds but PJ will have to deal with the fact that a segment of their fanbase will be disappointed with them and this energy will unfortunately seep into the next few shows. Hopefully the cloud lifts soon.

This was fourth show on the tour (FLL, MIA, Greenville) and I thought the energy was excellent. The arena was fantastic and intimate. It was loud, from my perspective. Set list was great. I didn't think it was off at all.
    bigperm said:

Had a pretty good view of the incident. First, the guy and his girl plowed through GA from back to front...so she could hold up a neon green sign with "Oceans" on it. Some guy from behind yanks the sign and throws it back...this set off the scuffle, and Eddie sent security after the one that had pushed his way to the front. He then retreated 6-7 rows back to try to hide, but he was hard to miss...had to be 6'3" at least.

For the most part, GA was well behaved. It's been a while since I'd done it (Borgata) so wasn't sure what to expect...most people around me were friendly and respected each other's space...very little pushing forward...only a few.

Setlist itself was solid and a lot of the songs seemed to be extended/tagged. Eddie sounded good. Not sure this would make my top 5 though.

This is basically right. But it started before. The guy was a total douche and was next to one of my crew most of the night. He was yelling obnoxiously and in particular was yelling at the person with the Ocean sign. I guess that was his motivation to plow his way towards the front, to tear down the sign. I'm glad Ed kicked him. Deserved.
  • iskewiskew Posts: 26
    Totally echo the more positive of the reviews of this night - but speaking of echoes sometimes the sound was wonky (still enjoyable, just weird-shaped-arena-wonky). Very intimate setting for an arena though, and a little funny for me personally as I hadn't been back inside the Hampton Coliseum since I graduated high school in the mid-ninties. Had a great perch of a 10C ticket about pit latitude but up near the mezzanine rail. Nice view of the stage and crowd.

Funny so many comments about crowd energy being either great or crap. I'd say that for 80% of the show it was fantastic - but there was the occasional song where it sank, notably Inside Job (which is crazy IMHO as that's a treat). Did Raliegh weigh on everyone? No, not everyone. Booing was hardly definitive as booing toward the band, seemed mostly towards NC. Yes, it was certainly something notable, on many people's minds, and I (surprise!) did hear bitching. Honestly the lower energy moments really just came toward the end and the way I'd describe it is the band wore that crowd OUT.

I caution anyone trying to discern the energy of 9,500 people from a cell-streamed phone video. Crowd was incredibly into most of the songs, huge sing-alongs (which Eddie noted), and the band was equally on fire and mobile.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    I enjoyed the show. Not the greatest, but not the worst like some have said. Long Road in the middle of the set, Sad, Breath and it's ok tag were the highlights for me. Inside Job is great but felt like it kinda killed the crowd playing it that late in the set. Like others have said, the mood was kinda weird with them announcing the Raleigh show being cancelled right before the show started. All that said a very enjoyable night. Can't complain about seeing PJ in such a small venue like that.
  • stolls589stolls589 Posts: 60
    This is a top 5 show and I've been to over 50 of them. How can one say the crowd wasn't in to it or the band was off? Ed was full of energy and fell in love with the crowd prior to the first chord of why go. Are you people jealous that you weren't there? If so that's horrible, we are all a community and should be happy for those that got to be there rather than holding it against them or the band for cancelling a show to stand up for Americans, it was expected.
  • I was at the show. Yes...it was long. Yes they played a lot of songs. But to me, with only a couple of exceptions (In My Tree, Inside Job & Indifference), it was a "greatest hits" show. Not much thought or care put into the set list especially in comparison to the other set lists thus far. The sound was horrible which, I think, was probably 70 - 80% the venue and 20-30% the mix. I did love the size of the venue (10,300 capacity for concerts I believe) but the acoustics were terrible. I was shocked as the venue has a great reputation for hosting great shows. Plus..it just looks cool. Overall I was greatly disappointed and expected something much more from the band who had, after much thought & consideration, regretfully canceled their next show. Yeah...I had tickets to the show in Raleigh. The venue is 15 minutes form my house and they have not placed here in 13 years. The disappointment I felt and still feel is significant. This despite the fact that I fully support the reason they cancelled. Despicable is a perfect word for HB2. It must be the perfect word as both Pearl Jam and Boston used it to describe the bill in their press releases! Still...I am heartbroken. And I was not alone. The vibe in the arena was very subdued. It was as if the air had been taken out of the building. Of course the folks in GA would not see or sense this. They are in the middle of it down there. I was in 10 Club seats and when I looked around I saw it.

I am glad that many folks here loved the show (either in person or on Periscope) and thought the set list was great. So...we'll agree to disagree.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • BL176748BL176748 Posts: 57
    I cannot for the life of me figure out where the negatives are coming from unless it all has to do with their own disappointment in the Raleigh show deal. I was in GA and had an absolute blast!! The set list was great, sound was great, band was on and in a good mood. Nothing but smiles and energy all around me.

Seriously, every single person I was even near in GA was having a great time. Singing, jumping around, smiling, etc. Me and my wife were next to the guy dressed like a shark and I can assure you that THAT guy was not lacking any kind of energy. I cannot tell you how many times me and that shark suit came in contact with each other but none of it was an issue what so ever. Nothing but good folks having yet another time of our lives.

And as someone who lives in NC and who has been a PJ fans since the very beginning I wasn't surprised by the cancellation at all. I hate it for the fans...me included, had tickets and a hotel room that I will reimbursed for and was able to cancel my room with no penalty what so ever...i actually saved money by not going now...and those who may have lost some money but PJ is absolutely right and did the right thing here. This HB2 bullshit was nothing but an attempt to allow for the continued discrimination of others. Again, if a show that hadn't happen yet was somehow effecting your enjoyment of the show that you were at and was actually happening then that's a you problem and you quite simply aren't doing it right.

I've seen around 20 shows and I would put this one right in the middle...or maybe a little higher...and that's only because I have seen some absolutely epic ones and to be honest have never really seen a 'bad' one...just some that connected more than others.

I was in GA too and thought it was fantastic. But even if in the reserves, I would have been happy: Faithful, I am Mine, Come Back and Long Road are all in my top 20% of songs. I was in Greenville too (along with the South Florida shows) and this was my favorite set by far. I know Greenville was great due to Vs., but if you get past that, it was average. That 4-5 song run after Vs. was not good at all. At least the LB songs were dispersed throughout the Hampton show.

No complaints at all.
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    The Hampton show was great, especially hearing Brain Of J and Sad.....BUT I had a really hard time fully enjoying it because of Raleigh since we had tickets. The announcement came just as we were leaving our hotel and going to the show, and we flew here just for those two shows. Nothing like having the Pearl Jam rug pulled out from underneath you pre-show.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    I had a great time in the pit...can't figure out why people would wait in line for 30 hours to get on the rail. I walked in at 7:30 and chilled in the back with a great view, plenty of space to roam around, and easy access to the bathroom and beer stand for sirens and sleeping by myself. It was wonderful.

Great setlist with a couple duds mixed in which is fine, cause i needed to pee without feeling like i was missing something. Not an all time great pj show, but definitely a very good one. Thought the crowd was great, but i was more concerned with enjoying myself than worrying about how hard everyone else was rocking out. Seemed like a typical pj crowd to me.

I picked this show for the venue, and everything about it was great except one key component....the sound. That's my only gripe with this show. The sound was awful..i was probably 15-20 yards from the stage, right left and dead center. Typically that'd be the sweet spot. But there was no sweet spot.
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,834
    Had a great time just like every PJ show.. I gotta be honest though, I'm over Sirens. It's a great song but live just kills the tempo and vibe in my opinion. I know people like and want to hear it so I respect that, it's just not for me anymore. Out of curiosity, why is Oceans forgotten about, most fans love Ten, why can't Oceans be played more? It's strange.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    bigperm said:

If you would have said 6'4' I would have suspected Sawyer..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • unikunkaunikunka Posts: 87
    Was my 50th show and spent it third row right in front of Mike. From my POV everyone was having a great time with a lot of energy. The Raleigh announcement had people down as we were heading into the pit but by showtime the levels were back up.

Really feel bad for the people who's travel/tour plans were affected.

The show itself was great. I thought the main set was pretty fantastic even with the Sirens/Wishlist. Second encore of a long show is tough with Inside Job/Black but everybody brought it in the end and the band seemed in great spirits all night.

On a personal level, as a 50th show the experience of being in line all day and making new friends was unexpectedly awesome. Met great people and fun to share the experience together. Long Road is probably my favorite song so seeing it mid-set with a reference to the 2006 show (also not an opener) with the Clayton Liggett story was an incredible moment that sorta tied my entire 50 shows together.

See you guys in Wrigley for 51 & 52.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Just got back and watching some periscope feeds..just as good 2nd time through..Not for you and the Daughter/OK tag were and are mind blowing...Brain..Sad..Breath..shit man..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    edited April 2016
    I was at the show. The only complaint I have is that I dont like, sirens, comeback and inside job at the same show. Not my favorite tunes and there are other slow ones Id rather hear.
    I thought the concert was really good and the venue just about perfect. Sound was good enough from my reserved seats in the wing. No complaints and well worth the haul form New York.
    What a great day. Anyone who is unhappy with this show is nuts. 3+ hours and 33 songs. I was listening to live pearl jam last night. Very few places Id rather be on this earth.
  • I was born and raised in Raleigh, and I HATE this HB2 bullshit. I also had great fucking seats for 4/20.
    That being said, I am PROUD that they are boycotting. They stand up for what they believe is right. If more people did the same, what a wonderful world we may live in.
    Hampton was awesome, and because of Raleigh, I now get to go to Columbia.and I CAN'T WAIT!

1992-8-18 Lollapalooza, Raleigh NC
    2012-11-24 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2012-11-25 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2013-10-27 Baltimore MD
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville VA
    2013-10-30 Charlotte NC
    2013=making up for lost time

[/img]
  • GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 396
    Really enjoyed the show thought it was good but not great. Charlottesville show was the last show I attended and this one wasn't as good as that one. I prefer the slow openers over a fast start. My highlight would have to be Inside Job one of my favorites. Have mixed opinion on GA being my first time experiencing it but took my nephew who liked the pit a lot. Overall enjoyed it just a little bummed going to miss the Raleigh show....
  • I was 3 rows back behind the pit dead center and the sound was horrible! When they sang "black", it sounded really muffled which I couldn't believe since the speakers were right in front of me.

I loved the setlist, the encores just never kept the energy up enough I felt. I was expecting a much better sound from this place after hearing how great the acoustics were. Looking forward to MSG in 12 days!!
  • serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372

I couldn't disagree with you more. You make the show what you want it to be. I'm sorry you let the NC show affect your night, now you're out two shows instead of one.

I love this band, but this was not a good show.

The Raleigh decision left a lot of people bitter. You guys might not have seen it on the Periscope but the GA pit was dead from Patriot through Lightning Bolt. (It didn't help that Sleeping had several horrible mistakes.) Ed looked concerned and trying pulling out all the stops to get the crowd going. Good audible to In My Tree to save the show.

Opening set was bland. There was just a bad vibe. Sirens after three slow songs was a bad call. It killed all momentum.

People booed the Raleigh discussion and then a lot of people just kind of tuned out the show. Couldn't they have announced AFTER the show?

Breath was awesome. Indifference was a nice closer though an odd message to pair with cancelling Raleigh. Inside Job rocked. But this was an odd, odd show.

I disagree that you make the show what you want. The crowd plays a big role in how enjoyable an experience is. You can't deny that. Philly 3 2009 might not be the best setlist, but that crowd was insane and it made it special. Last night in Hampton was not.
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I was in the 10c wing seats and the building was literally rocking/shaking a few times last night... I saw great fan participation all the way up to the top row all around the arena... I saw people on the rail going ape shit... and it was some of the loudest crowd singing I've ever heard... funky, old, small building... setlist with a healthy mix of hits, fan favorites, and weird shit... perfect weather...

Seriously, my seats were literally shaking/rocking... on a Monday night... so I don't know wtf some of you are talking about

The poster sucked... raleigh announcement totally sucked... but Hampton was a killer show in my opinion
  • junghirejunghire Posts: 25
    mrussel1 said:

bigperm said:

This is basically right. But it started before. The guy was a total douche and was next to one of my crew most of the night. He was yelling obnoxiously and in particular was yelling at the person with the Ocean sign. I guess that was his motivation to plow his way towards the front, to tear down the sign. I'm glad Ed kicked him. Deserved.
    The incident happened right in front of me and all of this was true. I would only add a few things.

The huge, drunk dude and his girl pushed their way to the front. We were all pretty ticked. So yes, some guy grabbed the girl's sign and threw it back. Someone passed the sign back up and gave it to her. Once "Sad" was over and they started to play "Lightning Bolt", the big guy reached back and locked hands with some other guy and tried to pull him up to where he had just pushed up to. We were all still ticked, and the guy in front of me tried to stop it and the drunk guy pushed him and his girlfriend out of the way and cocked his arm back to start throwing punches. We all backed up around him after some initial pushing, and starting pointing at him for security and Eddie to see. Ed saw it all and motioned for the guy to leave. The drunk started walking back and then security jumped in, shoving me out of the way to get to the guy...which they did. Great job Eddie and the Hampton security for keeping the night a great time!
  • CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 566
    I cant believe these people are complaining and getting all butt hurt. The people next to me just sat there all night, but so what, i didnt give a shit. I ROCKED MY ASS OFF! Hopefully all of the whiners on here will stop going and the rest of us will move up. It is an old steel venue, what didi you think it was going to sound like? On to Lexington!
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • cjminorcjminor Posts: 19
    I agree with others that the sound wasn't great. I thought that was because of my seats. They were side stage on Mike's side, first row of the mezzanine. Pretty good view, but I couldn't hear Ed's vocals too well, and often the guitar sounds were muffled. But no complaints from me about the show. I wasn't too thrilled with Greenville - yes, hearing Vs. was a treat, but the rest of the setlist was meh - so I thought this show was great. I loved hearing Long Road, Inside Job and In My Tree. And I could do without Even Flow and Jeremy, but I understand those are the songs people want to hear, and they get the crowd going.

I had a good view of the pit, and the folks in there seemed mostly high energy to me. I'm not a GA kind of person - bad knees and bad back mean I can't stand for hours on end without pain - but I've been to enough shows that I know the energy from the pit can make or break a show, depending on how the band is feeling. It seemed to me that the pit was helping the show in Hampton, the one incident notwithstanding. And the rest of us in the arena were feeling the energy. I was limping a bit when I left, because of all the dancing. That's a sign of a good show for me - if my knees are sore afterwards.

I did hear some bitching about the Raleigh cancellation from the people around me before the show. They didn't seem to care once the music kicked in, though. Looking forward to Columbia.