A Musicians and Gearheads Collaboration?

13»

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

Thanks for your patience everyone, I know I'm taking my time here but it is being worked on, I promise

No problem, John! I'm excited to get this out to the rest of you all! It's going to be fun!
    www.cluthelee.com
    John PMd me and said he'll be recording drums this weekend! You all still interested in making a go of this thing?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    yup definitely, might take me awhile to get my track in though with school being absolutely crazy right now.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Same here...I'm always here to lend an ear to progress and will chip in as soon as I am able. Hoping to have a pretty extensive home remodel done by November 1.
    Cool guys! Looking forward to it!
    www.cluthelee.com
    I've got John's drum track guys - going to start working on the somg today. Will need some tweaks before we can start adding more to it. Whooo!! Excited to see where we go with this.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Took a listen yesterday afternoon and save for a few spots where the rhythm guitar is off it's timing, John's drums sound fucking awesome on this! I think I can adjust the 2-3 hiccups and have a working track ready in a week or so. Also, I plan on keeping the original bass track I recorded cos' I think it fits the song well. @rollings has offered to write words and sing. @ehbacon and @DewieCox have offered to add guitars. I think that does it for this particular track.Would love to hear back from @rollings if possible - just want to know if you still want to work on this song or not and have some questions about your gear/set up, particularly what you use to record with just to ensure everyone has a DAW that can mix down individual files and once you have a track your completely satisfied with, that you can upload it to Dropbox for me to grab and integrate into the master file for mixing, mastering, etc., etc., etc., @ehbacon what are your thoughts on adding a proper guitar solo in the song? I'd like to upload the song as it stands now without any editing and have you start to play around on it. I'll let you find your 'spot' to play a lead and will paste a Dropbox link here for you to download the track.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ^ So glad to hear you can fix those parts. I know I took my sweet time with this, but now that I've got my part in I can't wait to hear what each new piece adds to it! And thanks for the kind words, 2-feign!
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Hi,
    Yes, I think I'd like to work on coming up with something for this tonight. What format would you need the recording to be in ? mp3? I use audacity if I'm mixing several parts, but I believe with one track, my voice, I wouldn't need it, would I?

MG#3 is the track we're working on? Is the one that is up here from a time ago the latest one? I'm trying to get a feel for the verse, chorus, verse structure of the song, ya know? There doesn't seem to be a bridge in the song, which is fine. I just want to know if everybody is working strictly with the present way and length of the song or is it changeable to fit more structurally ....which structure may be there already and I'm speaking too soon :lightbulb:

maybe this all would be easier if there was such a thing as a "virtual garage" to meet at haha

rollings said:

Hi,
    Yes, I think I'd like to work on coming up with something for this tonight. What format would you need the recording to be in ? mp3? I use audacity if I'm mixing several parts, but I believe with one track, my voice, I wouldn't need it, would I?

MG#3 is the track we're working on? Is the one that is up here from a time ago the latest one? I'm trying to get a feel for the verse, chorus, verse structure of the song, ya know? There doesn't seem to be a bridge in the song, which is fine. I just want to know if everybody is working strictly with the present way and length of the song or is it changeable to fit more structurally ....which structure may be there already and I'm speaking too soon :lightbulb:

maybe this all would be easier if there was such a thing as a "virtual garage" to meet at haha

Feel free to generate ideas @rollings for sure. I am cleaning up the master track though so the one on Soundcloud will not be the final track. The drums John recorded are different than what you hear on the version on Soundcloud. Once I have the master track ready, I will post a direct link for you all to download and start working on. Audacity is good enough - as long as your final vocals can be sent to me in mp3 or AIFF or WAV format, I can polish them up, etc in my DAW.
    As far as the song structure? Yeah, its pretty damn repetitive. Not as developed an idea as I have done. Recorded on the fly really with alot of improvisation. I don't have any notes on it so it is what it is, haha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
    So the rhythm guitars and bass won't change. No new base parts so to speak. Looking for a space in the song for a solo & some lead lines here & there, your words & voice & that's it.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited September 2016
    can you post the updated take, please?
    Post edited by rollings on
    rollings said:

can you post the updated take, please?

I can, but I've not had any time to fix one of the hiccups in the song yet. I will go ahead and mix down what I've got and you guys can have at it. I'll have a link up this afternoon at the earliest, tomorrow at the latest.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Gonna be tomorrow guys.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I'd be happy to contribute a bass line next time.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    Here's the file guys. Again, not polished up, but go for it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg3qc0oos1w9f2d/M&G.Collaboration.2016.aif?dl=0

www.cluthelee.com
    Anyone have any additional thoughts on this? I have some time this Saturday morning to work on it.
    www.cluthelee.com

Anyone have any additional thoughts on this? I have some time this Saturday morning to work on it.

i can try to brainstorm on saturday, been pretty busy with school/cross country lately.
    Looking forward to hearing what you and @rollings come up with @ehbacon
    Totally understand the busy thing too - student/athlete life is much more hectic than just going taking classes.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Where we at good people?
    www.cluthelee.com

Where we at good people?

sorry just been pretty busy lately, just got back from vacationing and Florida this week and working on all the make up work that comes along with it lol. Will try to get some kind of start on this this week.
    edited November 2016

Where we at good people?

hi!

I tried to make a song, but it's hard when the skeleton is a rickshaw driver. haha.
    I have a great great jam tho to that other song I said I liked

and dropbox, I lost my key to that . PLEASE don't make me find another one

thank you and keep jamming
    Post edited by rollings on
    rollings said:

Where we at good people?

hi!

I tried to make a song, but it's hard when the skeleton is a rickshaw driver. haha.
    I have a great great jam tho to that other song I said I liked

and dropbox, I lost my key to that . PLEASE don't make me find another one

thank you and keep jamming
    So we need to abandon this particular idea then sounds like.
    www.cluthelee.com

What do you guys think?

@rollings

Would love to hear what you've got for this one if you don't mind sharing? I can upload the track for you to add some vocals to if you like.
    www.cluthelee.com