Options

Black philly night 2 for friend that just passed

GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 341
Just found out about the passing of my good friend nick, who attended several pj concerts with me over the years and was thinking of coming in a few weeks . Don't know what else to do, this is first thing that I could think of in his honor. the last time he went with me was philly 10/21/13. We had great seats, but nick was hell bent on getting into the pit. I was too afraid to get thrown out, but right before the show I'll be damned if he didn't wiz right by security and get into the pit. I got to see all the great pictures and video later.

But anyway, of the four or so times I brought him, he never saw black. I hated explaining to him that id probably seen it every time I went without him. It was always next time you come, you'll definitely get it. To anyone with a drug or alcohol problem, know that people love you and want to help you. Don't be ashamed or scared to ask for help.

So if it's at all possible to play black at philly night 2 for nick from all his friends in freehold, nj. Thanks. Rip nick.

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Ah man, sorry. RIP Nick.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Ah man, sorry. RIP Nick.

Thank you. Gonna meet up with some friends in a few. Figured this was the best way to channel my feelings for now whether it happens or not, I tried for him. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    GM151575 said:

Ah man, sorry. RIP Nick.

Thank you. Gonna meet up with some friends in a few. Figured this was the best way to channel my feelings for now whether it happens or not, I tried for him. Thanks guys.
    : ) Thoughts with Nick, you and your friends today.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sorry for your loss, and for the others who loved him.
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    heres to em, man. sorry for the loss
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Sincerest condolences for your loss. RIP Nick.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Sorry for the loss as well. I really hope the band sees this and gets it into the setlist with a shout out to your passed friend.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Thanks guys, means more than you'll know.
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    I hope you get it! god bless
  • Options
    Sorry, I gotta bump this for my boy. His wake is tomorrow.
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Sounds like you are a true friend to him. Hope you get to hear Black for and with him. All the best.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Gonna bump this with a good story we just remembered about nick. About a year and a half ago, he contacted a bunch of us saying there was red hot chili peppers tickets at a small place in NYC for only like 20 bucks on stub hub . Sounded great but for various reason only one of us were able to go with him.

So nick and a friend went, and as the show opened they were shocked to hear the bag pipes...from the red hot chili pipers, a bag pipe band! Classic nick story.

In the last few days I managed to assemble 6 of us from freehold to go to philly night 2. So if at all possible black for nick from the boys from freehold. Thanks
    Post edited by GM151575 on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Thanks everyone for your kind words too.

Post edited by GM151575 on
  • Options
    One last bump before I head to philly later today. Hope you get your song tomorrow night and that you will be listening somewhere Nick. We assembled a strong freehold crew for you. Enjoy the shows guys and pardon my bumping etiquette
  • Options
    One last bump. Nick, they topped our favorite Philly 1 2013 with another philly 1. Wish you could have been there.
  • Options
    JamIsGoodJamIsGood Posts: 41
    Well, Black wasn't played at Philly 1 last night so I think you have a good chance of hearing it during Philly 2. Hope you get it in the setlist tonight. Enjoy the show either way!
  • Options
    I know for sure it'll be played tonight. Either way it's for Nick
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GM151575 said:

Gonna bump this with a good story we just remembered about nick. About a year and a half ago, he contacted a bunch of us saying there was red hot chili peppers tickets at a small place in NYC for only like 20 bucks on stub hub . Sounded great but for various reason only one of us were able to go with him.

So nick and a friend went, and as the show opened they were shocked to hear the bag pipes...from the red hot chili pipers, a bag pipe band! Classic nick story.

In the last few days I managed to assemble 6 of us from freehold to go to philly night 2. So if at all possible black for nick from the boys from freehold. Thanks

That's hilarious. Enjoy tonight, and hoping the song gets played.