Options

GA line, both attendees required for the entire time?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    scornlanderscornlander Colorado Posts: 98
    edited May 2016
    I got in line for MSG 1 right when the doors opened (6:15) and was 5 people back in the center in front of Eddie (maybe 10 feet from the rail). For MSG 2 I did the same and it looked a little more crowded at that time. Still not bad but maybe 10 people deep in the middle. I was content to hang in the back of GA for that show anyhow which worked out since I got to high-five Eddie during Porch :)
    Post edited by scornlander on
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    so is it back of the GA line for all these people? They were gone for 2 hours PLUS.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    Absolutely they should not get back in line where they left off, if they did.

Here's the thing:

No one, 10C or other fans, is forcing people to miss the show, miss the merch, miss the GA pit. People are totally welcome to join the GA line later in the day, to stand further back in GA. You can join the GA line at 6pm and still be 5 "rows" back of the rail. That's not bad.

In GA, as in life, you have to make choices but that is totally up to you. But it straight up isn't fair for someone to be at work all day or running around or being in the merch line, and then pop in at 6pm ahead of people who have been in GA all day. Spouse or evenbro from college can't make it til 6pm because of work, and you guys want to enjoy the show together? Guess what, a lot of other people might be in that boat too. Join in at the back of the line, and have fun together.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited May 2016
    I'm from the 1 person = 2 spots in GA line school. Not a huge fan of the list, but like a self policing, organic line.

I'm here to tell you...the 35 to 50 people who were in that Columbia merch line when I arrived at 730 8 am, got right the eff back in line and I have zero problem with it..
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    That's kind of a muddy area. A few people in front of me went and it took them quite awhile. People either didn't notice or didn't care. I didn't mind. They were still on the "campus".

I did not go to merch. Waiting in the 1 line was enough. If I wanted to go and someone had an issue with it I would understand.

My +1 had a business meeting at 11. The people around us expressed that wasn't really ok. He cancelled and phoned in from the line. No problem.

So I guess it depends on the people around/behind.

I am pretty sure things wouldn't have been cool if someone showed up and jumped in line. I do recall people in front of me handing their +1s tickets without bringing them into line.

Also I was in the first 12-25 people. At that point, every slot is significant. The further back you go, the less difference it makes.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited May 2016
    If I was camped out in line for 18 hours without leaving except to take a piss, and my wife had to join me later because we could only find someone to watch the kids for the evening of the show, I would think that someone telling my wife to get in the back of the line is not being realistic. Ok so then I would either tell you to f--- off and she would wait with me, or I would save her a spot on the rail and she would move up there later. The only people who send their +1 to the back of the line are the ones that are not there with a spouse. Some of you line nazis need to take some Valium...

But we go together and show up to wait together so really wouldn't happen that she's not with me if she goes to the show. But if I sold the extra ticket for face, then I would agree that the +1 shouldn't slide in right next to me if they didn't show up at the same time
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville