Options

Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Can anyone tell me what time the openers and then G N R have been going on at? No midnight start times like last GnR show I went to a few years ago I hope. Thanks.
  • Options
    caherncahern Boston Posts: 22
    Nope! Pretty early in Boston, something like 7 and 8:30 start times, maybe even earlier. The new punctual GnR
    2006 Boston - TD Garden 5/25
    2008 Mansfield - Tweeter Center 6/28
    2010 Boston - TD Garden 5/17
    2013 Worcester - DCU Center 10/15
    2013 Worcester - DCU Center 10/16
    2016 Boston - Fenway Park 8/5
    2016 Boston - Fenway Park 8/7
    2016 TOTD Philly - Tower 11/4
    2018 Boston - Fenway Park 9/2
    2018 Boston - Fenway Park - 9/4
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited August 2016
    chitty said:

Can anyone tell me what time the openers and then G N R have been going on at? No midnight start times like last GnR show I went to a few years ago I hope. Thanks.

In East Rutherford, Lenny Kravitz went on right at 8:30 (ticket start time) and ended at 9:30. I wanna say GNR came on around 9:50 and played until 12:45. I was pleasantly surprised at how on time everything was. I was ready for Lenny to come on late and GNR even later!
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

chitty said:

In East Rutherford, Lenny Kravitz went on right at 8:30 (ticket start time) and ended at 9:30. I wanna say GNR came on around 9:50 and played until 12:45. I was pleasantly surprised at how on time everything was. I was ready for Lenny to come on late and GNR even later!
    Yeah apparently the Mass show was on a partifularly early timeline: http://patch.com/massachusetts/foxborough/no-fine-warning-late-running-guns-n-roses-show

Basically, whatever info you can find about start times for your show is probably accurate
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    cahern said:

Suziemay said:

chitty said:

Yeah apparently the Mass show was on a partifularly early timeline: http://patch.com/massachusetts/foxborough/no-fine-warning-late-running-guns-n-roses-show

Basically, whatever info you can find about start times for your show is probably accurate
    11:15 curfew?? Geez, what time did Lenny go on, like 6:30??
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

cahern said:

Suziemay said:

chitty said:

11:15 curfew?? Geez, what time did Lenny go on, like 6:30??
    Yeah around 7. The sound could have been amped up a bit too, guessing this had something to do with that too. Weekday suburban issues out at Gillette I guess. Still not as early as the 10:30 Fenway curfew last weekend though!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    There was a post on the GNR facebook thing that the Seattle show starts at 6:30pm. I was wondering about that, because there's two opening bands I believe Seattle also has a noise curfew (allthough, somehow Pearl Jam played really late for their 2000 shows at the Key, but never did it again).
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    GNR took the stage in San Fran 15 minutes early. Actually pissed off some folks who were still in line :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ok thanks. Hopefulky day of I can find a set time and approximate my arrival for that. Just don't want to be late for AIC, but also want some tailgating time.
  • Options
    chitty said:

Ok thanks. Hopefulky day of I can find a set time and approximate my arrival for that. Just don't want to be late for AIC, but also want some tailgating time.

Jealous you get AIC. We tailgated through Lenny. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Has anyone seen set times yet for Seattle? In border line now
  • Options

GNR took the stage in San Fran 15 minutes early. Actually pissed off some folks who were still in line :lol:

Thats... weird...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    It's late now but someone had posted on the GNR message board that the pink slips were playing at 6:30pm and AiC at 7:20pm. I'm glad they did. Everything in Seattle was slogging. took forever to drive in. I was in the Merich lineup when AiC Started and I recognized the song. I had heard the guys behind me say how much they wanted to see AiC, so before I took off, I told them that's AIC and they didnt believe me. I don't get how. I could hear it was AIC.. lol...

Hell of a good concert. Thoroughly enjoyed the AIC and GnR sets.... now I'm turning to fleabay for a poster....
  • Options
    Only missed two AIC songs as heard the first opener from where we were tailgating. AIC was perfect opener and guns was three hours of rock. So worth the trip down
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    chitty said:

Only missed two AIC songs as heard the first opener from where we were tailgating. AIC was perfect opener and guns was three hours of rock. So worth the trip down

Yeah, we were walking from the car and could hear Hollow. Them Bones started as we entered the stadium and in our seats when Your Decision was playing. Best opening band since PJ opened for U2!
  • Options
    Why miss an openers set...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Funny, last Tuesday driving by AT&T Park heading out of SF, we were caught in a bit of traffic and heard music. I said to my son that it must be the opener since it was about 8:30 - well, it was Double Talkin' Jive, so they were well into the set (5th song). We were probably the only people happy to be sitting in traffic. Pretty much heard entire song before we had to continue on our way. They sounded great even from the outside.....
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    For the show this Friday at Dodger Stadium, they are selling discounted seats. Go to Ticketmaster and enter "TZOO" for the Travelzoo discount.
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 924
    JOEJOEJOE said:

For the show this Friday at Dodger Stadium, they are selling discounted seats. Go to Ticketmaster and enter "TZOO" for the Travelzoo discount.

Damn, if i wasnt already in chi-town for PJ I'd be there
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    korn-1 said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

Damn, if i wasnt already in chi-town for PJ I'd be there
    PJ > GnR !!
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Did anyone on here go to a show with the Cult as the opener? Curious of how it was.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    bluegrace said:

Did anyone on here go to a show with the Cult as the opener? Curious of how it was.

Saw them from the pit last Thursday at Dodger Stadium. They were solid. Went on really early at 6:30pm sharp so there wasn't a big crowd inside yet.
  • Options
    Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Caught the Friday night show at Dodgers Stadium. The show was actually pretty decent. They came on at 8:30 and were done right at 11 p.m. Played 9 songs off of AfD, a ton of Slash solos, Axl's voice was pretty good (surprisingly). Highlights for me were Rocket Queen, Out Ta Get Me (with Steven Alder on drums) and Civil War. They played a cover of The Seeker, which was decent. Ended with Paradise City including a fireworks show and ticker tape. Looked like the band was enjoying themselves (I would too for $1 million per show or whatever each of them are netting). Unfortunately we didn't catch the Cult, as Dodgers Stadium is quite possibly the worst venue to get to - it took us 45 minutes to go 2 miles. Ticketing, merch, concessions and security were horribly understaffed and unprepared as well. All-in-all, we had a great time - definitely worth the headache that is Los Angeles.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    I just spent a ridiculous amount of money to surprise my wife. either I'll be the greatest guy that ever lived, or she's going to bludgeon me with a bandana-decorated mic stand.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yah I got the email that there's shows in Vancouver and at the Gorge. I pulled the trigger early last year going to Centurylink, but I felt it was worth it, because I had no idea how long the tour would go on for. Hindsight is 20/20 but had I know I might of held off for the Gorge show. My gnr fan club membership still seems active and there's pit tix for sale. Alternative I could of gone to Vancouver and paid $275 Canadian instead of $275 USD.

I really did enjoy the show last year. I think BC place might be a big venue consider seattle is twice as big as vancouver and didn't sell out centurylink. Maybe they'll discount tickets down the road, and I'll go last minute.... Otherwise I'm thinking we might get a Rolling Stones tour and i've never seen them. Would like too while I've still got the chance.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    They are actually coming here too!! Will go with my sister.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I have 2 Ga pit for Vancouver!
    Cost me a small fortune lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

nice! I spend the same amount last year but in USD :( most expensive tix I've ever bought... Can't really do that two years in a row. Play it by ear.. I don't imagine it's going to sell out, so I might wait to see if they discount tix at the last minute like they did in Seattle last year.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    RobbyD462 said:

jesus! the prices in winnipeg for pit were $1295!!! Does it really include free booze and food???
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

RobbyD462 said:

jesus! the prices in winnipeg for pit were $1295!!! Does it really include free booze and food???
    Mine were Amex presale $620 for the pair.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12