Options

North Carolina passes bill blocking LGBT protections

Comments

• Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127
    CM189191 said:

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/lgbt-groups-protest-fedex-over-nra-discount/

good grief !..........the sick and twisted protesting and banning Fed-Ex over an NRA discount ?

This is a free country no ? We are allowed to protest anything or anyone we feel like ! Oh don't you worry once your hero Bafoon takes office you will be nice & safe all the brown people will be dealt with ..Guns for everyone that's the American way !
    you're right it is a free country, the free people of this country voted Trump into office, the free people of this country accept and defend the 2nd amendment, the free people of this country happen to be white, brown, black and yellow....Guns and freedom for everybody ! unless you are a criminal here illegally then you should be deported or imprisoned and yes it's the American way not the illegal immigrant way and no not everybody should be accepted for American citizenship.

so yes my friend you are right, it is a free country and as such it's my right to protest illegal immigration, gay marriage and anti gun activist's
    or anything else I find offensive....right ?
    Yes, these are your rights. So long as you don't get the definitions confused:

noun
    1. that which is morally correct, just, or honorable.
    "she doesn't understand the difference between right and wrong"
    synonyms: goodness, righteousness, virtue, integrity, rectitude, propriety, morality, truth, honesty, honor, justice, fairness, equity; More

2. a moral or legal entitlement to have or obtain something or to act in a certain way.
    "she had every right to be angry"
    synonyms: entitlement, prerogative, privilege, advantage, due, birthright, liberty, authority, power, license, permission, dispensation, leave, sanction, freedom
    you mean like BLM or the protesters blocking freeways and busy roads or maybe Sharpton who has made it clear he don't like whites or cops or the protesters who shot and killed another protester or hands up don't shoot protesters who held violent protests on the premise of a lie ?
    yes I understand what you are saying but I don't think too many others do.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689

good grief !..........the sick and twisted protesting and banning Fed-Ex over an NRA discount ?

This is a free country no ? We are allowed to protest anything or anyone we feel like ! Oh don't you worry once your hero Bafoon takes office you will be nice & safe all the brown people will be dealt with ..Guns for everyone that's the American way !
    you're right it is a free country, the free people of this country voted Trump into office, the free people of this country accept and defend the 2nd amendment, the free people of this country happen to be white, brown, black and yellow....Guns and freedom for everybody ! unless you are a criminal here illegally then you should be deported or imprisoned and yes it's the American way not the illegal immigrant way and no not everybody should be accepted for American citizenship.

so yes my friend you are right, it is a free country and as such it's my right to protest illegal immigration, gay marriage and anti gun activist's

No. Approx one quarter of the eligible voting public voted for him. Thats it. 62 million out of a possible 230-240 million votes.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283

So then why are you pissed that people want to protest against your church NRA ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    We've had gay marriage in my state going on 13 years. It has had zero impact on the life of every straight person I know. There is no greater waste of time than protesting it. If you are opposed to gay marriage my advice would be to not enter into a homosexual relationship. That way you won't be in any danger of falling victim to one.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

We've had gay marriage in my state going on 13 years. It has had zero impact on the life of every straight person I know. There is no greater waste of time than protesting it. If you are opposed to gay marriage my advice would be to not enter into a homosexual relationship. That way you won't be in any danger of falling victim to one.

how logical.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

So then why are you pissed that people want to protest against your church NRA ?
    could be for the same reasons you wouldn't like reading about folks protesting illegal immigration or protesting gay marriage ?
    obviously my post struck a few nerves, well how does the shoe feel when it's on the other foot ?

the thing I've noticed about people(some not all) who protest or debate online is that they tend to attack each other to get their point across
    or to let the other person know they feel differently than you and they are willing to try and hurt the others verbally and in protest
    situation's even physically....it's crazy, human emotion can be a dangerous thing (I'm going hurt you because I disagree with your opinion)
    and people really believe that violence can change one's thoughts or views...they must or they wouldn't burn down business, beat or kill in the name of their protest or resort to personal attacks online, it's like trying to create peace with violence......

that was a little off the wall LOL !

• Options
    JimmyV said:

when you say "zero impact" what exactly do you mean has or has not been impacted on these individual's ? their personal belief's ? their physical well being ? and yes you can bet I will never enter an un-natural relationship
    and you mentioned the phrase "falling victim to a gay relationship"...is it possible that people who enter into a gay relationships suffer some kind of mental disorder ? or suffered some kind of emotional tragedy before entering into a gay relationship ?
  • Options

could be for the same reasons you wouldn't like reading about folks protesting illegal immigration or protesting gay marriage ?
    obviously my post struck a few nerves, well how does the shoe feel when it's on the other foot ?

the thing I've noticed about people(some not all) who protest or debate online is that they tend to attack each other to get their point across
    or to let the other person know they feel differently than you and they are willing to try and hurt the others verbally and in protest
    situation's even physically....it's crazy, human emotion can be a dangerous thing (I'm going hurt you because I disagree with your opinion)
    and people really believe that violence can change one's thoughts or views...they must or they wouldn't burn down business, beat or kill in the name of their protest or resort to personal attacks online, it's like trying to create peace with violence......

No you see that's where you are wrong , I don't care if you wanna protest immigrants or gay marriage or any other issue you care about that's your right ! I take issue when a Bafoon like your hero spews hate racist crap ..
  • Options

JimmyV said:

when you say "zero impact" what exactly do you mean has or has not been impacted on these individual's ? their personal belief's ? their physical well being ? and yes you can bet I will never enter an un-natural relationship
    and you mentioned the phrase "falling victim to a gay relationship"...is it possible that people who enter into a gay relationships suffer some kind of mental disorder ? or suffered some kind of emotional tragedy before entering into a gay relationship ?
    did you choose to be straight? was that a conscious choice on your part?
    I am assuming of course you are straight given the "un-natural relationship" statement. also assume you are some sect of christianity that doesnt actually follow christ, just enough to be granted forgiveness.

• Options

No you see that's where you are wrong , I don't care if you wanna protest immigrants or gay marriage or any other issue you care about that's your right ! I take issue when a Bafoon like your hero spews hate racist crap ..
    what racist crap ? I watched all his speeches and never heard any racist remarks, a funny thing about all this I see and hear more white folks calling him a racist than blacks or browns and that tells me a few things.

• Options

what racist crap ? I watched all his speeches and never heard any racist remarks, a funny thing about all this I see and hear more white folks calling him a racist than blacks or browns and that tells me a few things.

http://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump-racist-15-controversial-quotes-president-elect-said-about-blacks-2447531

You can start here and just wait he will spew crap again !
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

That's probably because there more white people than black or brown. Basic math, GF. You didn't hear him say racist things because you agree with his racist garbage, but then deny you're racist.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

JimmyV said:

Why don't you explain how these relationships would effect you? I would like to hear what you think will happen if same-sex marriage is upheld as the law of the land.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

Why don't you explain how these relationships would effect you? I would like to hear what you think will happen if same-sex marriage is upheld as the law of the land.
    He most likely believes that if you get to close to a gay person you can be infected with a gay virus ! Heck Pence believes that homosexuality can be cured by shock treatments and his supposed to be an educated person ...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    People will argue all day and night about gay marriage, yet I don't see it claiming any lives or depriving heterosexuals of any rights so what does it matter? If you oppose it based on religion or any other reason, then you probably won't enter into a gay relationship. Let's discuss something that actually does have a negative impact; gun violence, hate speech, rape culture, etc.

If it's really about religion, don't worry, they'll all go to hell like you have been taught to believe.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    edited December 2016
    tbergs said:

People will argue all day and night about gay marriage, yet I don't see it claiming any lives or depriving heterosexuals of any rights so what does it matter? If you oppose it based on religion or any other reason, then you probably won't enter into a gay relationship. Let's discuss something that actually does have a negative impact; gun violence, hate speech, rape culture, etc.

If it's really about religion, don't worry, they'll all go to hell like you have been taught to believe.

Unfortunately it's always about religion.
    "Imagine no religion"
    Jesus didn't believe in guns, didn't shun the lepers (homosexuals)
    The interpretation has made it sick.
    By good Americans like Mean Mr. GOD Mustard
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

That's probably because there more white people than black or brown. Basic math, GF. You didn't hear him say racist things because you agree with his racist garbage, but then deny you're racist.
    your opinion has been noted, I'll put it in my round file.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

JimmyV said:

A person does not suffer a mental disorder nor some kind of emotional tragedy to become gay. It's something that begins at their origin when a person very young, it's not a choice. Did you choose to be straight or did I choose to a heterosexual.....It just was and I don't search for causes or reasons as to why one IS this way of life or another.

How would you react if it came to be a close member of your family happened to gay? Would you ostracize them or would you embrace them?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

JimmyV said:

A person does not suffer a mental disorder nor some kind of emotional tragedy to become gay. It's something that begins at their origin when a person very young, it's not a choice. Did you choose to be straight or did I choose to a heterosexual.....It just was and I don't search for causes or reasons as to why one IS this way of life or another.

How would you react if it came to be a close member of your family happened to gay? Would you ostracize them or would you embrace them?

Peace
    I would agree that some seem to be gay at their origin as you say but I also believe for many more it's a choice.
    if a family member was gay I would still love them as family but I would not support the gay idea, I'm sure that would
    cause problems between us but I feel as strongly about my ideas as anybody else does about theirs.
  • Options

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    I would agree that some seem to be gay at their origin as you say but I also believe for many more it's a choice.
    if a family member was gay I would still love them as family but I would not support the gay idea, I'm sure that would
    cause problems between us but I feel as strongly about my ideas as anybody else does about theirs.
    The difference is that your ideas are worried about what everyone else should be doing, instead of focusing on yourself.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    edited December 2016
    rgambs said:

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    The difference is that your ideas are worried about what everyone else should be doing, instead of focusing on yourself.
    You make a lot of sense rgamnbs. But when it comes to people who think that being gay, or bi, or trans, or whatever is a choice or an idea, you are just beating your head against a wall.

My brothers (yup I have 2 gay brothers) didn't wake up when day, or read a book, or follow a friends suggestion and decide to become gay. They were born that way.

My best friend and climbing partner, a man who holds my life in his hands on a regular basis, didn't see it on TV or in a movie and decide that being gay was cool. He was born that way.

A good friend of mine has a trans son. He didn't, and no one ever has, made a choice to be trans. He was born that way.

Namaste'

https://youtu.be/5iTnWtc9ZcA
  • Options

rgambs said:

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    You make a lot of sense rgamnbs. But when it comes to people who think that being gay, or bi, or trans, or whatever is a choice or an idea, you are just beating your head against a wall.

My brothers (yup I have 2 gay brothers) didn't wake up when day, or read a book, or follow a friends suggestion and decide to become gay. They were born that way.

My best friend and climbing partner, a man who holds my life in his hands on a regular basis, didn't see it on TV or in a movie and decide that being gay was cool. He was born that way.

A good friend of mine has a trans son. He didn't, and no one ever has, made a choice to be trans. He was born that way.

Namaste'

You ever do any climbing in the east? I used to fiddle around the walls at Seneca Rocks and the endless wall at the New River Gorge, and I bouldered a bit at Grayson Highlands. I haven't done any technical climbing in like 10 years at least.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace

Namaste'

You ever do any climbing in the east? I used to fiddle around the walls at Seneca Rocks and the endless wall at the New River Gorge, and I bouldered a bit at Grayson Highlands. I haven't done any technical climbing in like 10 years at least.
    I grew up climbing at Great Falls (MD/VA). Did some climbing at Seneca. And New River when I lived in Charlottesville.
    Now I climb at my local climbing areas....Boulder Canyon, El Dorado state Park, North Table Mesa (Golden), etc. With the occasional winter trip down to Ouray for some ice climbing. Though with age and injuries I'm climbing less outdoors and more on indoor walls.
  • Options

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    I believe someone here one is beating their head against a wall and I now find that to be true. Clearly it appears you fail to understand that a person being gay starts from their origin or in other words from birth. Their are some who may question whether they're or not as they grow into adulthood but as they do it becomes clear they were ALWAYS this way. It's never something of an *idea* a *thought* they choose to do it's something that they were born with. That *idea* of yours that someone can choose to be gay is something that can be easily be manipulated by various means in today's society. Whereas the idea/thought process of being gay usually cannot be swayed, it's there from their birth.

I personally have witnessed two of these instances one from birth and the other later in the child's life. The first came when the child knew from the third grade (that child is now 20) became surprised I wasn't shocked when she told me earlier this year. I just told her its ok I knew long ago. The second he is also 20 whom I first met when he was 9 then helped him along the way in any way I could into being an adult. Both are doing fine studying in college learning and treasuring this life.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace

Namaste'

I grew up climbing at Great Falls (MD/VA). Did some climbing at Seneca. And New River when I lived in Charlottesville.
    Now I climb at my local climbing areas....Boulder Canyon, El Dorado state Park, North Table Mesa (Golden), etc. With the occasional winter trip down to Ouray for some ice climbing. Though with age and injuries I'm climbing less outdoors and more on indoor walls.
    Cool to hear that both of you are climbers. I got into climbing in a big way this year, though all indoors for now. Started with joining a climbing group in February, did my lead climbing course in September, and now I climb at least twice a week - ropes on Mondays and boundering on Wednesdays. Next summer I want to get outside but for now I'm building my strength and skills.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    some "seem to be gay at their origin"? have you been conducting a 30 year observational study of a controlled group of homosexuals or something? how do you discern between those who are legitimately gay and just play acting gay?

I can guess that you, like many people who claim that homosexuality is unnatural, have seen and, dare I say, possibly enjoyed some adult films that include the intimacy of two women? if yes, you are a hypocrite. if no, you are a liar. choose one.

what about the "gay idea" (I can't believe I just fucking typed that) do you need to "support"? no gay person is looking for your support of their "gay idea". that implies your permission is required for them to be gay. which in and of itself is disgusting.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rgambs said:

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    not true, I'm not a liberal.

• Options

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    some "seem to be gay at their origin"? have you been conducting a 30 year observational study of a controlled group of homosexuals or something? how do you discern between those who are legitimately gay and just play acting gay?

I can guess that you, like many people who claim that homosexuality is unnatural, have seen and, dare I say, possibly enjoyed some adult films that include the intimacy of two women? if yes, you are a hypocrite. if no, you are a liar. choose one.

what about the "gay idea" (I can't believe I just fucking typed that) do you need to "support"? no gay person is looking for your support of their "gay idea". that implies your permission is required for them to be gay. which in and of itself is disgusting.
    easy bronco....you're running off on a tangent with no facts about me at all, it's your delusional opinion of who you think I am and how you feel about my on-line personality, you and others here are in shock that someone would believe differently than you...well I didn't it make this far in life taking the word of folks like you, and unlike you I have my own opinion and ideas and that just pisses you off to no end...you should try thinking for yourself instead of trying to fit into somebody else's world or idea's.
  • Options

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace

easy bronco....you're running off on a tangent with no facts about me at all, it's your delusional opinion of who you think I am and how you feel about my on-line personality, you and others here are in shock that someone would believe differently than you...well I didn't it make this far in life taking the word of folks like you, and unlike you I have my own opinion and ideas and that just pisses you off to no end...you should try thinking for yourself instead of trying to fit into somebody else's world or idea's.
    Actually, I believe he's quite to the point based on what you've written here and that's the very thing I've done as well. It is far from delusional if one will review the above posts you wrote...... from there one CAN form an opinion of posts written in this thread. HNY to you. :smile:

Peace

• Options

rgambs said:

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    not true, I'm not a liberal.

Try to keep up.
    I, as a liberal, don't care what 2 men do in their bedroom and I don't care if they get the same societal benefits as my wife and I, because it doesn't concern me.

You, as a hypocrite, speak about freedom and then curtail other people's freedom because you are more concerned with how you don't like what they do in their bedrooms than you are concerned with how it actually effects your life. Which obviously is, not at all.