Options

Brussels Belgium attacks.

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
The city is like a war zone
Bombs and terrorist attacks at airport and metro of the city
Alot of people are dead..city ia in lock down..they told people stay at their homes
All the best to people of belgium
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The subway car pictures are horrific
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    At least one suicide bomber.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    This will give Trump some material.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    callen said:

I'm sure he will have something Provacative to say. It's no wonder The Donald doesn't have to spend much money on political ads....we the people keep him in the news. There's at least 5 threads on this board with his name in it.

I've been through that metro system in Brussels on my way to a festival in Werchter. I hope the Belgium people will recover from this attack.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh no a European city has been the victim of a terrorist attack.... woe is us.. what will we do... what can be done... who gave a shit about Ankara... who gave a shit about Beirut.. who gives a shit about Syria... how has our compassion become so selective... we say all lives are equal but we don't really mean it... I was not charlie hebdo... I was not Parisian.. I am not Belgian.... how do you wage war on an ideology? it is stateless and against it we are powerless... or at least we appear to be given our govts' reactions and their own ideologies. are our govts even serious about stopping this threat as they see it?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

oh no a European city has been the victim of a terrorist attack.... woe is us.. what will we do... what can be done... who gave a shit about Ankara... who gave a shit about Beirut.. who gives a shit about Syria... how has our compassion become so selective... we say all lives are equal but we don't really mean it... I was not charlie hebdo... I was not Parisian.. I am not Belgian.... how do you wage war on an ideology? it is stateless and against it we are powerless... or at least we appear to be given our govts' reactions and their own ideologies. are our govts even serious about stopping this threat as they see it?

Nope, they aren't. Chaos in the Middle East keeps our spoon in the pot, terrorism in Europe and the US is fuel for the defense budget and the hawkish leaders.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

oh no a European city has been the victim of a terrorist attack.... woe is us.. what will we do... what can be done... who gave a shit about Ankara... who gave a shit about Beirut.. who gives a shit about Syria... how has our compassion become so selective... we say all lives are equal but we don't really mean it...

Love these posts attacking others' compassion. Did you start threads here on Ankara, Beirut, and Syria? Honest question. If you did, good for you. If not, this rings hollow.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

oh no a European city has been the victim of a terrorist attack.... woe is us.. what will we do... what can be done... who gave a shit about Ankara... who gave a shit about Beirut.. who gives a shit about Syria... how has our compassion become so selective... we say all lives are equal but we don't really mean it...

Love these posts attacking others' compassion. Did you start threads here on Ankara, Beirut, and Syria? Honest question. If you did, good for you. If not, this rings hollow.
    did you? have i offended your selectiveness??? im attacking inconsistency, not peoples compassion. im questioning the whitewash and eurocentrism of our collective history.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

JimmyV said:

did you? have i offended your selectiveness??? im attacking inconsistency, not peoples compassion. im questioning the whitewash and eurocentrism of our collective history.

So your answer to my question is no? Like I said...this rings hollow.

Social media was full of these posts after Paris. Looks like history is repeating itself in more ways than one.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

The city is like a war zone
    Bombs and terrorist attacks at airport and metro of the city
    Alot of people are dead..city ia in lock down..they told people stay at their homes
    All the best to people of belgium

Watching right now. Just awful.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

If she had, they would be 6 pages deep with MAYBE a dozen replies each.
    Her sentiment is not wrong, and neither is it wrong from all the social media posts you are referencing...the media practices anglo-centrism with vigor, pointing that out is not a sin.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

Her sentiment is not wrong, and neither is it wrong from all the social media posts you are referencing...the media practices anglo-centrism with vigor, pointing that out is not a sin.
    Anyone of us can bring attention to any issue we want on this board. If something isn't getting the attention it deserves, start a thread and bump it. It isn't about the media. It's about not speaking up about something and then attacking others for speaking up about something else. Most of us on Facebook/Twitter will all see tons of posts like these over the next few days. There will be plenty of support for them. To me they will ring hollow, just like after Paris.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Social media was full of these posts after Paris. Looks like history is repeating itself in more ways than one.
    I wasn't even a pj member at the time the Ankara and Beirut attacks happened so yes my answer is no.

as for Syria.... ive aired my share of opinion regarding that ongoing bullshit... whether its on this forum or another Is irrelevant... nor to I care to rifle through my posts to prove/disprove you opinion of what i post or make you feel good... but anyone that knows me... and clearly thats not you, knows my position. as for what you actually. or anyone else do think of my opinion/s, I don't really give a care... im not here for you or anyone else. im not here to convince you of anything and im not here to perhaps assuage anyones white guilt and im definitely not here to conform to what the western society deems appropriate.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

I wasn't even a pj member at the time the Ankara and Beirut attacks happened so yes my answer is no.

as for Syria.... ive aired my share of opinion regarding that ongoing bullshit... whether its on this forum or another Is irrelevant... nor to I care to rifle through my posts to prove/disprove you opinion of what i post or make you feel good... but anyone that knows me... and clearly thats not you, knows my position. as for what you actually. or anyone else do think of my opinion/s, I don't really give a care... im not here for you or anyone else. im not here to convince you of anything and im not here to perhaps assuage anyones white guilt and im definitely not here to conform to what the western society deems appropriate.

I didn't ask you to rifle back through anything. I just asked what you personally did before attacking others for doing something else.

White guilt. Cool.

Freedom of choice and freedom of expression are both great things. Glad we both enjoy them.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

I didn't ask you to rifle back through anything. I just asked what you personally did before attacking others for doing something else.

White guilt. Cool.

Freedom of choice and freedom of expression are both great things. Glad we both enjoy them.
    amen to that brother. ;):)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Those that use religion as an excuse for violence will not succeed in stifling our liberty and freedom.

My thoughts, Love, and so many other emotions to my brothers and sisters in Belgium.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    rgambs said:

Nope, they aren't. Chaos in the Middle East keeps our spoon in the pot, terrorism in Europe and the US is fuel for the defense budget and the hawkish leaders.

Exactly... The old eye for an eye... which leaves everyone blind.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

Anyone of us can bring attention to any issue we want on this board. If something isn't getting the attention it deserves, start a thread and bump it. It isn't about the media. It's about not speaking up about something and then attacking others for speaking up about something else. Most of us on Facebook/Twitter will all see tons of posts like these over the next few days. There will be plenty of support for them. To me they will ring hollow, just like after Paris.
    Disagree.
    There will twice as many Facebook posts of people who couldn't find Belgium on a labelled map sharing their hearts and thoughts and just feeling so terrible. Why the preference for one country they can't find over another?
    The media tells them about one and not the other, and in many cases, the color of the people inhabiting the region is the primary reason for deciding to cover a story or not.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    g under p said:

callen said:

I'm sure he will have something Provacative to say. It's no wonder The Donald doesn't have to spend much money on political ads....we the people keep him in the news. There's at least 5 threads on this board with his name in it.

I've been through that metro system in Brussels on my way to a festival in Werchter. I hope the Belgium people will recover from this attack.

Peace

And yet some of you geniuses mention his name again as these horrid terrorist events are unfolding, un-fucken-real. God bless the victims and families of those lost by another ISLAMIC TERRORIST attack.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I'm just thankful that Islam is a religion of peace.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

JimmyV said:

you can't have a rational discussion on this ... people don't work in the rational world anymore ...

this event is now called an islamist terrorist attack ... what do you call it when US-led coalition forces repeatedly bomb a hospital that MSF reported? ... it's called collateral damage ... for however long we continue to not recognize the root of this - the more suffering there will be ...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    what a world we live in :bawling:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    JimmyV said:

I did and a few others were chiming in about other places where terror attacks received little to no mainstream coverage. Anywho...

http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/db_332037/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=PJlCuyOu

Article on Brussells attack.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

Disagree.
    There will twice as many Facebook posts of people who couldn't find Belgium on a labelled map sharing their hearts and thoughts and just feeling so terrible. Why the preference for one country they can't find over another?
    The media tells them about one and not the other, and in many cases, the color of the people inhabiting the region is the primary reason for deciding to cover a story or not.
    And there will be plenty of posts from people who didn't give a shit about Beirut and Baghdad (referencing two in particular I saw on my Facebook feed) until other people were giving a shit about Paris. It isn't bias in the media I'm commenting on. It is people who have a problem with what other people are doing who haven't themselves previously walked the walk to back up their talk.

• Options
    polaris_x said:

JimmyV said:

you can't have a rational discussion on this ... people don't work in the rational world anymore ...

this event is now called an islamist terrorist attack ... what do you call it when US-led coalition forces repeatedly bomb a hospital that MSF reported? ... it's called collateral damage ... for however long we continue to not recognize the root of this - the more suffering there will be ...
    Actually we had a very rational discussion on it.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

polaris_x said:

JimmyV said:

dude ... you took a post that was trying to wake us up to hypocrisy in our viewpoints and took the lazy route by saying if she didn't post anything before that it meant nothing ...

it's akin to responding to a post about animal abuse and asking if someone owns leather ...

it's not even close to being rational
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

JimmyV said:

polaris_x said:

JimmyV said:

dude ... you took a post that was trying to wake us up to hypocrisy in our viewpoints and took the lazy route by saying if she didn't post anything before that it meant nothing ...

it's akin to responding to a post about animal abuse and asking if someone owns leather ...

No, it's just a different point of view from the one you hold. You can label it irrational and lazy or anything else that makes it easier to swallow. Doesn't make it true.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    20 people died only at metro...and counting continue
    the photos of the scene are horrible
    i ve been both at airport and the metro station at brussels...
    the airport has very traffic,,is the center of europe and the metro station is with alot of people,,2 lines,1 and 5 pass from that station
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

polaris_x said:

JimmyV said:

polaris_x said:

JimmyV said:

No, it's just a different point of view from the one you hold. You can label it irrational and lazy or anything else that makes it easier to swallow. Doesn't make it true.
    i'll leave that for you to do
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    it is all western media driven. they report on what they think we can relate to, as descendants of those who came from there.........
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com