Options

Obama visits CUBA

I'm surprised none of the Obama haters are not bitching about him visiting Cuba , i for one feel this is long overdue i don't see how opening up relations with Cuba could be a bad thing lot's of opportunities down there ....
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-35856126
jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Commie
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Pinko
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    Very curious to the reaction if say a republican went over there?!?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    There is an old Vulcan proverb that reads "Only Nixon could go to China."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    The irony of Cruz being butthurt about this and his fans calling him a commie pinko.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Was he scouting the talent for the Nats?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    I think it's bizarre that it took this long.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Burgundy! (black+pinko)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it's bizarre that it took this long.

well you know when someone dares to stand up to the mighty US of A there are always consequences. Washington was so blinded by their capitalist agenda that they could see that the worst thing to do was isolate cuba. had they been smarter they would've kept avenues open and smothered the cuban people with 'kindness'... and a shitload of consumer goods. ;)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    It is long overdue and I think it's a good thing.

But as someone who lives and grew up in South Florida with a large Cuban population,I can tell you the Expats here fucking hate it.They hate The Castro Bros and resent what they have done to their country and families.Not that it matters but most Cubans are Republicans
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    rudy guiliani blamed obama for belgium and ranted about how shameful it is that he went to a baseball game instead of coming back to the us to respond to a turrist attack that happened in europe....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152

this picture is causing outrage. as if no other presidents have been photographed in front of art depicting controversial leaders. people complain about anything these days.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I think this is a fair analysis of Obama's Cuba speech. Even though he is getting hit on some of the imagery he gave a pretty good defense of democracy.

https://pjmedia.com/ronradosh/2016/03/22/obama-confounds-critics-and-surprises-raul-castro-with-his-strong-defense-of-democracy-in-communist-cuba/?singlepage=true
  • Options

this picture is causing outrage. as if no other presidents have been photographed in front of art depicting controversial leaders. people complain about anything these days.

And these are the people calling us PC crybabies when they need to look in the mirror.

Plus, if white Texan republican did it there would be no outrage.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

And these are the people calling us PC crybabies when they need to look in the mirror.

Isn't that the truth!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

PC crybabies ! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA SHIT I LOVE IT HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Godfather.

• Options

White Texan republican wouldn't know who that graffiti was depicting.
    So it would be funny.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    That's not graffitti. It's public art.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    While the Cuban dictatorship is bullshit, Cuba is a mere 90 miles from the US and we should have them as a friend, and Cuban`s do not deserve to be shunned by us.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    TL170678 said:

While the Cuban dictatorship is bullshit, Cuba is a mere 90 miles from the US and we should have them as a friend, and Cuban`s do not deserve to be shunned by us.

I agree. It's ridiculous and illogical, especially when they are perfectly willing to have ties with the likes of China and Russia and Saudi Arabia.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    PJ_Soul said:

That's not what they say about Banksy, Monsieur Andre and space invader...
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I don't know what that means.
  • Options
    Apparently he can tango as well.

Not blind like Pacino, though.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

who is this "they" you speak of???

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    U.S. interests will stop complaining once the door is open and companies start making millions. Only a matter of time until Cuba becomes a part of the U.S. economy.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14