2016 Republican Presidential Candidates.

123457»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Jesus. Cruz is just as bad if not worse; this does not comfort me at all, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    callen said:

brianlux said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

At any rate, the very idea that abortion would be illegal is ridiculous. I can't fucking believe that the question was even raised. I mean, what fucking century is the US in???

Yeah, sometimes I feel like we have century zones instead of time zones here. You're right, the question shouldn't have even been raised, and it really wouldn't be where I live. But go to some of our bible thumping southern states, and I feel like we're doing the time warp. Hell, I just read this heartbreaking article that happened in Texas - something that I couldn't imagine happening in my state:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/31/texas-forced-this-woman-to-deliver-a-stillborn-baby.html
    We love our southern neighbours don't get us wrong. But like you said some of your bible thumping southern states, wow.
    You will not progress with religion.
    Anyhow - Americans are nice people and mean well.
    Only it's not that easily divided up. I lived in western New York for two years and that area was known as "The Bible Belt".

The north and south US are still divided, no doubt, but it's a complicated division and a lot of it remains due to the stigma of "winners" and "losers" in the civil war. Maybe if we removed the stigma some of the craziness would dissipate. Wish I knew the answer to that one. The internet might be able to change some of that.
    Brian, politicians and those in power want to keep us divided.
    mrussel1 said:

^ To me, the break is generally defined by urban and rural. It's like they say with Pennsylvania... it's Philly and Pittsburgh, with Alabama in the middle.

Either way, sad but true.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    GOP should have known well ahead of time that they were headed up shit creek ... look at the murderous row of bad candidates they assembled ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_candidates,_2016

I assume they just figured Jeb would eventually pull away and had Rubio as the backup they could feed stats to.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    I'm sure they were terrific rounds of golf, at a really terrific golf course.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mrussel1 said:

I'm sure they were terrific rounds of golf, at a really terrific golf course.
    and they were given to just the best people. all of his people are great.

except for the mexicans who built the place of course...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Any predictions on what's going to go down if Trump gets most delegates? Will he get overturned at the convention? Will his supporters go ballistic? Will Cruz cruise to the top after all?
    Things sure seem crazy in that camp.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    brianlux said:

Any predictions on what's going to go down if Trump gets most delegates? Will he get overturned at the convention? Will his supporters go ballistic? Will Cruz cruise to the top after all?
    Things sure seem crazy in that camp.

Short of Ronnie pulling a Jesus showing up at convention not seeing it working out for republicans. Cruz can't get to 1237 or whatever number and trumps not winning. Most interesting election cycle
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Looks like California's primary in June could play a big role on the Republican side of things:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434542/california-republican-primary-preview

"What, exactly, does a California Republican look like? The question is now a subject of heated debate, and the answer may very well determine the outcome of this historic GOP primary. California hasn’t played a decisive role in choosing the Republican nominee since 1964, when it broke for Barry Goldwater over Nelson Rockefeller in a contest so close that Rockefeller went on to protest the results at the convention in San Francisco. This year, California’s Republican voters are set to make an equally momentous decision: The state’s 172 delegates will either put Donald Trump over the top and deliver him the nomination, or allow Ted Cruz to force a contested convention in July."

Jason P said:

Hip hop hooray!!

Ho!!!!

Hey!!!

Ho!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

naughty by nature, not coz i hatecha.

Jeb just bought the Miami Marlins baseball franchise. I think he wound up the winner after all.
    Jason P said:

Jeb just bought the Miami Marlins baseball franchise. I think he wound up the winner after all.

Uh, I'm not sure about that. Marlins have a great new stadium in Little Havana and play an extremely popular sport for that part of the world. Yet they can't draw for shit.
    The guy that owns them now makes Steve Bannon seem like an ethical guy. Not going to get a good draw when you swindle the city into building your stadium, start suing season ticket holders, and shipping your best players to Canada for loot and some maple syrup.

Now Jeb and Jeets are running the show. Jeter alone will increase attendance.
    Jason P said:

The guy that owns them now makes Steve Bannon seem like an ethical guy. Not going to get a good draw when you swindle the city into building your stadium, start suing season ticket holders, and shipping your best players to Canada for loot and some maple syrup.

Now Jeb and Jeets are running the show. Jeter alone will increase attendance.

Interesting. I didn't know Jeter was part of the group. I hope they are successful. It's a beautiful stadium, but very Miami. Went to a couple games there last year. It's like a friggin' night club out in right field.
    Good gawd! Dredging up this old thread? Surely ya'll have better things to do!?

Anyone for Tennis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB2f6-U72Zk

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited May 2017
    I choose trump for the candidate.

Boom we win

It will be OK snowflakes.  the world isn't ending
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    The Fixer said:

Boom we win

Well, your straight to the point. Who's the "we"? Our country isn't winning, so who's your we? Did you choose based on sticking it to the man and voting a so called billionaire in to office who has the biggest ego and self confidence issue in the world. The only snowflake is your winner. Maybe tell him to quit whining. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited May 2017
    The Fixer said:

Boom we win

I'm with you, we can't have a leader that is careless with classified info, someone might hack in and
    Shit, Trump gave it away to show off?  Damn.

Well we can't have a leader who uses government to enrich themselves and their family memb
    Shit, Trump has taken nepotism to unprecedented levels and is on pace to set modern records with his golfing and vacations, all at his own properties on the taxpayers' dime??  Damn.

I guess he's making fools of lots of folks!
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The Fixer said:

Boom we win

Everyone is losing. Bigly. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer said:

Boom we win

Everyone is losing. Bigly. 
    Truth!

• ^^^

Welcome back to AMT brianlux.
    ^^^

Welcome back to AMT brianlux.
    Thanks but truth be known, I'm just train hopping these days.  It's all a little to unreal these days to get in too deep, too far out to sea, lost in the maelstrom or sucked into the slipstream.  However, I do salute those who carry on the good fight.  Brave souls, all.