Options

2016 Republican Presidential Candidates.

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    WTF is up with that democratic debate...no way in hell republicans have a debate in Espanol
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    edited March 2016

callen said:

JC29856 said:

Aren't there thresholds that Rubio isn't meeting to remain viable.
    If he stays in after tonight hes just wasting time and money. I don't think he would agree to be GOP attack dog.

Hoping all stay in race so Cruz doesn't win. Okay with Trump getting most delegates. Then dem wins presidency.
    Yeah, Trumps gonna turn off a lot that they'll vote libertarian Johnson instead.
    The only way, God help us, I can see Trump winning is if there is some kind of terrorist attack over the summer. His idiot followers will band together and vote for him in waves over Hillary (who I also can't stand--but not on the same level as Trump, obviously) because he's a stronger leader.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    dignin said:

After watching that news conference I'm reminded of this.

Donald Trump answers the question: What is 2+2? (Credit: Steven Edwards)
    "I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."

GOLD!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited March 2016
    Trump has to be one of the bigger hypocrites that ever ran for office (this is just one of many examples). Breaking immigration laws now.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/10/news/trump-model-visas/index.html

BTW, Trump LOVES beauty pageants and profits from them (or did, until he made all those racists remarks, lol). To me, that alone makes him completely unqualified to be President. It is a slap in the face to women.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trademark-trump-steaks-was-canceled-two-years-ago-records-show-n535876

this is hilarious....he seriously thought no one would look into this? Total fucking dumbass

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    edited March 2016
    Carson to endorse Trump tomorrow according to the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/10/ben-carson-plans-to-endorse-trump/
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Does anyone really believe that soc security will cause a debt crisis? I thought the us taps into soc sec for wars and etc.
  • Options
    Soc sec payments come from workers wages capped at 6 figures for the wealthy. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that when the jobs leave so do the payments into soc sec. Why don't I hear any of these genius lift the soc sec cap?
  • Options
    Sorry. I was just reminded that I shouldn't watch gop debates until I finish a bottle of wine. I already drank all the good stuff so I'm watching jets wings.
  • Options
    Rubio tonight bended over and grabbed his ankles for the Israel aipac vote
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Soc sec payments come from workers wages capped at 6 figures for the wealthy. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that when the jobs leave so do the payments into soc sec. Why don't I hear any of these genius lift the soc sec cap?

Sanders wants to lift the cap. He's been saying that for years. It's the obvious solution to funding social security.

If 99% of American's pay 6.2% of their wages to social security why shouldn't the remaining 1%?

• Options
    I loved Trump's pandering to Jews....he loves Israel, he has friends that are Israeli and/or Jewish, his friends love Israel...he was the grand poobah of the Israel parade, etc.

• Options

JC29856 said:

Sanders wants to lift the cap. He's been saying that for years. It's the obvious solution to funding social security.

If 99% of American's pay 6.2% of their wages to social security why shouldn't the remaining 1%?
    Yeah I was referring to the clowns last night. I'm sure there are a hell of alot of citizens that make more than $118k. Ridiculous that there it's a cap! Hell make the cap $10M if you need to pander to the Trumps and Clintons of the US. Total joke.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,636
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Yeah I was referring to the clowns last night. I'm sure there are a hell of alot of citizens that make more than $118k. Ridiculous that there it's a cap! Hell make the cap $10M if you need to pander to the Trumps and Clintons of the US. Total joke.
    There is a cap because there is a cap on benefits.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

There is a cap because there is a cap on benefits. Otherwise its not paying into a system you get benefits for its just a straight tax.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Okay...what's the cap on benefits? The most an individual would pay a year is around $7670
  • Options
    Rubio campaign urging their Ohio supporters to vote for Kasich.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Okay...what's the cap on benefits? The most an individual would pay a year is around $7670
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Huh? If you lift the cap and someone makes a million dollars then their SS tax is $62,000 if your the business owner its $124,000. If someone makes a million a year or more (say PJ members) what % should they be able to keep?
    Post edited by Indifference on

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options

JC29856 said:

They do!

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I really think it's stupid how long the campaigns for the primaries go on for. Utterly ridiculous. Irresponsible, even. IMO, the length of the primary battles creates voter apathy. I mean seriously, how sick of this shit is everyone? And the actual Presidential campaigns haven't even started yet. :weary:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I love it but I am a big nerd. :lol:

• Options
    JimmyV said:

I love it but I am a big nerd. :lol:

That's so funny - I just described myself as a huge nerd to a co-worker who expressed interest in the fact that I seem to know an unusual amount about Canadian and US politics, lol. Yeah, I mean, I need to know everything that's happening, so it's not like I stop paying attention.... but I find it vexing at this point, and much less fun. It's too much for too long IMO (and all this was preceded by 3 months of a federal election up here north of the border too. I'm burning out!).
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Huh? If you lift the cap and someone makes a million dollars then their SS tax is $62,000 if your the business owner its $124,000. If someone makes a million a year or more (say PJ members) what % should they be able to keep?
    I didn't ask the question properly and I'm dropping the point I was going to make that compares current inflows and current outflows.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying an additional $55k for retired folks. My employer may cut my salary based on that additional tax, either way my salary and the taxes are tax deductible.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    What do you suppose would be revealed if one of the more reputable (yeah, I know, is there one?) polling organizations took a poll of all registered Republicans and asked these questions:

1. What is your main reason for supporting the candidate of your choice?
    [I want to know what it is Republicans who support Trump really expect he would do for this country.]

2. Do you really take this year's Republican candidate selection seriously or have you just blown it off because you don't find any of the candidates in the running to be worth putting any serious effort behind?
    [Yes, another theory of mine: Republicans know it's a lost cause and recognize that their party is badly broken down and fractured so they want to make some noise why they can.]
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    But there are other parties too, B.

I'd like those (quite valid of yours) questions to be asked of all registered voters.

Then again, fuck polls =)
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    It's as if Drumpf has become Martin Sheen at the end of The Dead Zone with the cancellation of the rally.

"It's over."
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016
    brianlux said:

What do you suppose would be revealed if one of the more reputable (yeah, I know, is there one?) polling organizations took a poll of all registered Republicans and asked these questions:

[I want to know what it is Republicans who support Trump really expect he would do for this country.]

2. Do you really take this year's Republican candidate selection seriously or have you just blown it off because you don't find any of the candidates in the running to be worth putting any serious effort behind?
    [Yes, another theory of mine: Republicans know it's a lost cause and recognize that their party is badly broken down and fractured so they want to make some noise why they can.]

1. I would say that since americans will be choosing between Hilary and Trump in November (Bernie who?) they will vote trump because they at least know what they are getting. Both have pipe dreams (Hilary wishes things will get better if we all hold hands a little tighter and trump will build a wall paid for by Mexicans. Which one sounds more loony?

2. Bernie or Hilary, really? Of course she is winning - she is running against Bernie, It's bernie, come on.
    Repubs are the only chance of not having 4more years of a Clinton. - unless that's what americans really want.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682

brianlux said:

1. I would say that since americans will be choosing between Hilary and Trump in November (Bernie who?) they will vote trump because they at least know what they are getting. Both have pipe dreams (Hilary wishes things will get better if we all hold hands a little tighter and trump will build a wall paid for by Mexicans. Which one sounds more loony?

2. Bernie or Hilary, really? Of course she is winning - she is running against Bernie, It's bernie, come on.
    Repubs are the only chance of not having 4more years of a Clinton. - unless that's what americans really want.
    1. Sanders (not Worrell :wink: ) is very concrete and specific on what he wants to do. Not sure how that looks like a pipe dream to you.

2. No way is Sanders out of the running.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited March 2016

brianlux said:

It's delusional and clearly denial to still think that Bernie does not have a solid chance, voters have been making and will continue to donate and vote for him, not Hillary. Her supporters are the ones not voting, they must think she's a shoe-in which is showing to not actually happen.
    Post edited by Free on