Options

Best PJ Show Ever Played: Where and When?

Comments

• Options
    I would say their landmark gigs would be State College '03, Mansfield, or Gorge.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    edited March 2016

KP_McMinn said:

rummy said:

KP_McMinn said:

TP80392 said:

We need to decide this with a March Madness style bracket

thats actually a great idea.
    It certainly is...how would "we" set that up?

...and how would we decide on the 64 shows to start with?
    well, it would certainly take some time....Just start with 4 #1 seeds...
    1.10/31/09
    Alpine valley night 1
    Atlanta 64
    Soldier field 95

2 seed
    Charlottesville 13

etc..etc...
    This is an impossible task and there will never be a clear cut answer.

this will be a huge headache for whoever actually puts this together :lol:
    Unfotunately, many of the 1990's shows get short changed since there aren't all that many (compared to 2000 and beyond) available. Heck, for this reason maybe (probably not) shows like Atlanta '94, Soldier Field, and Randall's Island 2 are somewhat overrated since they are (almost) all we have from these eras.

This said, we'd need to create four (or even eight) "divisions."
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited March 2016
    The next one you are going to.... :scream:
  • Options
    buffalo show 5/2/2003 the best concert i ever seen hands down!
    threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light shine on you crazy diamond
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

Ask the worst show and you'll get a consensus. This place thrives on negativity. I'll start. Atlanta 2012.

I think Cincinnati 2006 wins this one.

By the way, I was at Atlanta 2012 and thought it was great! Yes, it was a greatest hits set list, but the 50,000 people there all had smiles on their faces.
    I really don't understand the hate for Cincinnati 2006. I was there and thought it was great. Long Road opener, Green Disease right into Not For You w/ Modern Girl tag, Inside Job, and Leash.
    I agree with you, though I wasn't there. I just know over the years many of the fans on the board have trashed that show. Honestly, if I have to think of a show that most people bash lately it's Wrigley Field 2013. Some fans had an awful experience that day/night and talk as if it was a complete disaster.

I for one LOVED Wrigley.
    I loved Wrigley as well. The only negative I take form that night is the adventure of getting back to the hotel.
    What a goat rodeo Wrigley was, but I think that's precisely the reason why I enjoyed it so much. This show had it all from fans who traveled far and wide to be there to the ridiculous merch/poster lines that we could bitch about. Then there was the 2+ hour rain delay that any other band would of cancelled if they were in PJ's shoes, but they pushed city officials to continue the show and came out and gave the fans their money's worth with a full set...all after the midnight hour! Then you factor in they played Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns, Bugs, Hold On along with debuts of Lightning Bolt and Future Days. And to top it all off (for me anyway), this was my daughters first PJ show so it will always be a special one for me.

Getting back to the hotel was a bitch for sure but I finally made it to my room around 4am and still couldn't fall asleep right away due to being so pumped up from the show. Thankfully I had presence of mind to get my wife and daughter an Uber back to the hotel right before the 1st encore otherwise my memory of that night probably might be different. :)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Philly 3 is my favorite set list
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761

That is probably the best PJ show i have seen. I'll defer to others as to best ever. I think it would be up for consideration, but I'd personally pick something from the 90s, all of which have been mentioned by others. I wouldnt think that you could pick just one as the absolute best, anymore than 5/8/77 is the best ever Dead show. That Barton Hall '77 show is great, but then again, the Dead were on fire for the whole month of May 77. its just that Barton Hall had been the most heavily circulated show from that period for a long long time. An analogy can be drawn to PJ shows from '94.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    edited March 2016
    Melbourne 95

The band is fucking tight. Extended versions of Black Alive RVM Blood and Porch.
    Ed's vocals are spot on.
    Great set list
    All killer no filler
    Full version of Indifference
    Grohl on drums for RitFW
    The recording is so good you can't really gauge the crowd but if you 'you tube' it there is some footage of a pretty great crowd!
    This was a radio broadcast.
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    edited March 2016
    Buenos Aires 2011. Wasn't there but have heard the boot, best crowd PJ has ever played for, no question. Campaign 2003 is the most underrated, band was on fire that night and an amazing set list. Favorite I've been to, Phoenix 13 or Wrigley were both pretty amazing
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    edited March 2016
    KP_McMinn said:

I know it's certainly the spoiled fan in me, but looking back on setlists from the late 90's, and only seeing 24-27 songs, it's almost immediately a letdown, haha. Don't get me wrong, a lot of those shows are amazing and the band sounds incredible (the Yield tour was the best). But's it's hard to not choose one of these 30+ song gigs they are doing now.

thats what i'm saying...thats why i feel 10/31/09 is the mother of all.
    By your logic then Denver 2014 would be the 3rd best show. I think they only played that many songs in Denver because they were as stoned as the crowd and were too paranoid to quit
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Pinkpop 1992 was definitely a breakthrough from going clubtour in Europe to Open Air Festival bands.
    The crowd did not see it coming when Pearl Jam entered the stage and took over all of almost 55.000 people letting them enter a very special and personal show.
    Pearl Jam itself also went nuts on stage.. it was more than magic. it was religious almost.
    Because it was also live on television also a lot of people in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and some parts of France saw that show live on radio an partial on television and also experienced this intense live show which was a mix of perfect rock and ballads.
    At the Porch the hands ware raised of 55.000 people and after Eddie dived into the crowd using a camera-crane it was totally insane.
    It was a life turning experience for a lot of people and that day gained the most intens PJ fans I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_eDMjv0HwU

Was this the best show ever and most complete?
    I can't tell but for Europe it definitely was.
    In the interview with Eddie after the show he showed his Polaroid pictures to the camera in big awe. He never had experienced that until that crazy day. He was flabbergasted.

Footnote, later that evening Jeff Ament was on stage with The Cult and the all refused to leave the stage and kept on playing against the will of the organizer. He was mad as hell..

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748

KP_McMinn said:

rummy said:

KP_McMinn said:

TP80392 said:

We need to decide this with a March Madness style bracket

thats actually a great idea.
    It certainly is...how would "we" set that up?

...and how would we decide on the 64 shows to start with?
    well, it would certainly take some time....Just start with 4 #1 seeds...
    1.10/31/09
    Alpine valley night 1
    Atlanta 64
    Soldier field 95

2 seed
    Charlottesville 13

etc..etc...
    This is an impossible task and there will never be a clear cut answer.

this will be a huge headache for whoever actually puts this together :lol:
    NYCPJ said:

That is probably the best PJ show i have seen. I'll defer to others as to best ever. I think it would be up for consideration, but I'd personally pick something from the 90s, all of which have been mentioned by others. I wouldnt think that you could pick just one as the absolute best, anymore than 5/8/77 is the best ever Dead show. That Barton Hall '77 show is great, but then again, the Dead were on fire for the whole month of May 77. its just that Barton Hall had been the most heavily circulated show from that period for a long long time. An analogy can be drawn to PJ shows from '94.
    I agree. So many great dead shows, but Barton Hall is widely considered the best for numerous reasons.

KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

Ask the worst show and you'll get a consensus. This place thrives on negativity. I'll start. Atlanta 2012.

I think Cincinnati 2006 wins this one.

By the way, I was at Atlanta 2012 and thought it was great! Yes, it was a greatest hits set list, but the 50,000 people there all had smiles on their faces.
    I really don't understand the hate for Cincinnati 2006. I was there and thought it was great. Long Road opener, Green Disease right into Not For You w/ Modern Girl tag, Inside Job, and Leash.
    I agree with you, though I wasn't there. I just know over the years many of the fans on the board have trashed that show. Honestly, if I have to think of a show that most people bash lately it's Wrigley Field 2013. Some fans had an awful experience that day/night and talk as if it was a complete disaster.

I for one LOVED Wrigley.
    I loved Wrigley as well. The only negative I take form that night is the adventure of getting back to the hotel.
    What a goat rodeo Wrigley was, but I think that's precisely the reason why I enjoyed it so much. This show had it all from fans who traveled far and wide to be there to the ridiculous merch/poster lines that we could bitch about. Then there was the 2+ hour rain delay that any other band would of cancelled if they were in PJ's shoes, but they pushed city officials to continue the show and came out and gave the fans their money's worth with a full set...all after the midnight hour! Then you factor in they played Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns, Bugs, Hold On along with debuts of Lightning Bolt and Future Days. And to top it all off (for me anyway), this was my daughters first PJ show so it will always be a special one for me.

Getting back to the hotel was a bitch for sure but I finally made it to my room around 4am and still couldn't fall asleep right away due to being so pumped up from the show. Thankfully I had presence of mind to get my wife and daughter an Uber back to the hotel right before the 1st encore otherwise my memory of that night probably might be different. :)
    I have heard about that show (obviously). The fact that they waited it out for 2 hours, then came back after midnight and played until 2:00am, is legendary.
  • Options
    RideRick said:

Pinkpop 1992 was definitely a breakthrough from going clubtour in Europe to Open Air Festival bands.
    The crowd did not see it coming when Pearl Jam entered the stage and took over all of almost 55.000 people letting them enter a very special and personal show.
    Pearl Jam itself also went nuts on stage.. it was more than magic. it was religious almost.
    Because it was also live on television also a lot of people in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and some parts of France saw that show live on radio an partial on television and also experienced this intense live show which was a mix of perfect rock and ballads.
    At the Porch the hands ware raised of 55.000 people and after Eddie dived into the crowd using a camera-crane it was totally insane.
    It was a life turning experience for a lot of people and that day gained the most intens PJ fans I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_eDMjv0HwU

Was this the best show ever and most complete?
    I can't tell but for Europe it definitely was.
    In the interview with Eddie after the show he showed his Polaroid pictures to the camera in big awe. He never had experienced that until that crazy day. He was flabbergasted.

Footnote, later that evening Jeff Ament was on stage with The Cult and the all refused to leave the stage and kept on playing against the will of the organizer. He was mad as hell..

yea i watch this video once or twice a month....certainly a nominee for a #1 seed.
  • Options

KP_McMinn said:

I know it's certainly the spoiled fan in me, but looking back on setlists from the late 90's, and only seeing 24-27 songs, it's almost immediately a letdown, haha. Don't get me wrong, a lot of those shows are amazing and the band sounds incredible (the Yield tour was the best). But's it's hard to not choose one of these 30+ song gigs they are doing now.

thats what i'm saying...thats why i feel 10/31/09 is the mother of all.
    By your logic then Denver 2014 would be the 3rd best show. I think they only played that many songs in Denver because they were as stoned as the crowd and were too paranoid to quit
    lol my buddy Bill was at that show, and he said he was stoned the whole week.
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited March 2016
    As we approach 1,000 shows and everyone has their own preference on tours, albums, songs, drummers etc.. This is completely subjective. Then you add in the fact that many of these earlier shows have never been listened to in good quality to compare properly. I find it funny that we all happen to throw the same 10 or so shows that just happened to be the bootlegs or broadcasts that were available to us from the early days, and then the longest shows from the most recent days. The REAL best shows are probably ones we have never taken a serious look at, the "forgotten gems" that sound like shit. The vaults that Pearl Jam will likely overlook as well and not release either!

That being said, some of my comments on the previously mentioned favorites:

Everyone loves Atlanta 2 94', and it amazing but it is also the show we have listened to in a SBD for years and years. IMO Atlanta 1 is as good or better. Better Release! It has the Release, Go, Animal intro which I prefer.. It has the Mamasan Mini Opera.. Outta My Mind etc... Amazing show!
    Also shows notable are Miami 94' Tampa 94' Chicago 94' (To me it has a lot to do with Mike back then. The other 4 were so consistent, If Mike was having a great night it was a special show, he was hit or miss in 93-94) That's what makes Atlanta 2 a great show also!

For Jack Period Randalls 2 is the show for me... Much better then Melbourne 95!
    Also Charleston SC 96' is an Amazing show. Mike is on Fire and the set is great and the performance is just perfect. Show ends like the Jeremy single with Footsteps into Ledbetter!

Same thing with Soldier Field 95' although Great, I think they were tighter in Milwaukee Night 2 just before (Amazing Little Wing / Maggot Brain also). There, the set was just so much longer in Soldier Field.

I agree that Philly 3 is a better set than Philly 4 but that is just my opinion. More important, it was a much tighter performance! Just because a show has more songs and is longer does not mean it is the best performance...

PJ20 The overall PJ set to me was not stand out, however for me to see the energy of the crowd the experience of the weekend and the Temple of the Dog sets were once in a life time deals!
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 63
    1) Alpine Valley 6/21/03 ... My first show with my wife, the temperature was perfect and Betterman raised the hair on my arms after LBC.
    2) PJ20 Night 1 has to be #2... I got to see Temple of the Dog, or most of it :)
    3) Wrigley '13 was going to be the best show I ever saw, and then we got a 3 hour break..... I didn't even buy the setlist shirt because they didn't play all of the songs.
    4) Katowiez.... is cool I have that bootleg.
    5) Atlanta Music Midtown 2012, there were 52,000 people and about 50,000 were behind me.... I met some cool PJ fans that make me look like a fair weather fan :)
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

The next one you are going to.... :scream:

The last show you went to.
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Every friggin' show!!!!!! Every show is unique and amazing in it's own way. I've been to many shows and they are each special in their own way...
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Borgata 2 was pretty special...."drop the leash", "drop the leash, "drop the leash"...intimate crowd interaction was nice.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Borgata shows were first GA shows since the tragedy too...if my memory serves me correct
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    House of Blues Orlando 2003 was ga
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411

Every friggin' show!!!!!! Every show is unique and amazing in it's own way. I've been to many shows and they are each special in their own way...

Well said...

It is such a loaded question... But when I hear this question this is immediately what pops into my head... And I will note the ones I have been lucky enough to be at... I do try to be objective even for the shows i didnt attend... I will say this is in NO ORDER..., just an overall top 13 lol

1.Soldier Field 95
    2. MSG 9-11-98
    3. Seattle 11-6-00 last show of tour
    4. MSG 7-8-03 (in attendance)
    5. Mansfield 3rd night 7-11-03 (in attendance)
    6. Spectrum 10-30-09 (in attendance)
    7. Spectrum 10-31-09 (in attendance)
    8. Randalls Island 96
    9. Hartford 10-25-13 (in attendance)
    10. Philly 10-1 or 10-3-05 (I cant remember and I dont feel like looking)
    11. BUFFALO & STATE COLLEGE 2003
    12. PJ 20- I dont think either of these shows were a top 10 show however, its a memorable weekend and even in totality that I think needs to be referenced.
    13. Lastly, I could add probably 10 more shows between 2013-2016 based on how amazing their tours have become... We basically average 3 hours a show... We get 2 openers some nights, new covers every tour (ex. Comfortable Numb) and the CROWD PARTICIPATION that Eddie Promotes at this point is just the coolest thing to be a part of... Evolution , Sirens, Corduroy not to mention all the other opportunities he lets us sing... there is no feeling like being in that room of 15K people all singing the same thing and the band on stage looking blown away by it... And then its even a better feeling when its during a song thats not even considered a "hit"

Could spend hours on this but the above is 15 minutes of thought... God i cant wait for MAY!!! Its been too long!

1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    Red Rocks - 6/20/95
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    edited March 2016
    Pj 20 was amazing for the atmosphere but the performance doesn't crack my top 15. Good solid show but not amazing in any way; the show reminded me of St. Louis 14. And the temple of the dog reunion was way overrated imo. I like Ed singing, not Chris.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    goodrocgoodroc Posts: 118
    I have been to many on the list
    1. all msg, Newark, Barclays shows
    2. philly 2 and 4 (holloween) missed 3
    4. both Randalls Island
    5 Amsterdam 2 show Ziggo dome - first run
    6. Leeds
    7 Moline
    8 Borgata shows
    9 storytellers
    10 letterman after show
    11. beacon -- robin hood
    12. irving plaza
    13. Red Rocks -2x
    14 THE VIC!!!!!!

With that being said my favorite show and do not think will be topped -- THE VIC-- PURE MAGIC-- not sure what it was but that was the show of shows for me and do not think it will be topped.

Moline probably 2nd best -- I have been to approx. 75 shows ---and the Vic will never be forgotten.
  • Options
    Guys this is awesome. Exactly what I was looking for.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Bump - any of the 2016 Tour shows make it in here?
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Msg 2 (1998)

• Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited July 2017
    4/3/94 is a pretty epic show. Every time I listen to it, I can feel the energy. I guess an argument can be made that the band only had 2.5 records in the catalog (Vitalogy was not quite finished) at that point, but man that show sounds great and has a ton of energy. Its a legendary show. Soldier Field is another one, I just like the sound better from Atlanta 4/3. That's probably the 2 that come to mind right away for me.
    This one and pink pop.  Where two that stuck out when I was younger.  Local (philly)station played 4/3/94 on Westwood one late one night.  I remember taping it.  This was the debut of Betterman, right?  Also pinkpop 92 is my favorite version of alive. With the whole "you survived today....." bit in the beginning.  
    Post edited by Stickman24 on