Options

Fenway Paaaaaahhhk

Comments

• Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431

could sweeten the pot a bit.
    in addition to $ for face val pair together 10 club tix for nite one, I can include a nice set of 4 2004 world series/AL champs shot glasses by Hunter Collectibles. My shot taking days are pretty much over.

If I had 2 extra tix they would be going to you. Not because of the shot glasses but because of your workman like effort...keep it up! Im pulling for you!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited February 2016
    Thanks bro...

Just my opinion...instead of Wade Boggs' 26, the RS should retire Papi's number 34 on Opening Day. Again, just my opinion, as far as Boston's Rushmore, Ortiz is up there with Bill Russell, Bobby Orr, and Tommy Brady. It would be super classy for the ownership group to do.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

Thanks bro...

Just my opinion...instead of Wade Boggs' 26, the RS should retire Papi's number 34 on Opening Day. Again, just my opinion, as far as Boston's Rushmore, Ortiz is up there with Bill Russell, Bobby Orr, and Tommy Brady. It would be super classy for the ownership group to do.

Agreed, the number retiring is getting out of control. Wade Boggs has no business having his number retired by the Sox! But what do you expect from an organization that has reduced itself to selling bricks....
    This could be the day
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887

Thanks bro...

Agreed, the number retiring is getting out of control. Wade Boggs has no business having his number retired by the Sox! But what do you expect from an organization that has reduced itself to selling bricks....
    Yep. The Boggs choice is very strange.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    edited February 2016
    JimmyV said:

Thanks bro...

Strange? He's in the HOF, with his prime years(11) with the Sox. Sox stats: Career .338 AVG. 5 Batting Titles. 7 seasons with over 200 hits. Lead the league 6 times OBP. Sox career OBP .428. 8 time All Star.

Don't worry, David Ortiz's number will be retired. Hell, they may make a Statue of him outside Fenway Park.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    I just want to hear locals singing along to Gaaaaaaden, that alone would be worth the cost of flights to Boston.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    cutz said:

JimmyV said:

Thanks bro...

Strange? He's in the HOF, with his prime years(11) with the Sox. Sox stats: Career .338 AVG. 5 Batting Titles. 7 seasons with over 200 hits. Lead the league 6 times OBP. Sox career OBP .428. 8 time All Star.

Don't worry, David Ortiz's number will be retired. Hell, they may make a Statue of him outside Fenway Park.
    it's the pony ride and Yankees title...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wade Boggs was the man
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

cutz said:

JimmyV said:

Thanks bro...

HAHA>That did hurt seeing that.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    cutz said:

cutz said:

JimmyV said:

Thanks bro...

HAHA>That did hurt seeing that.
    I'm pretty sure that it didn't hurt me, but I never thought of Wade Boggs as a much of Red Sox team player, certainly never a number retired guy, and the pony ride just cemented him in my mind as a a complete douche.

Why the Devil Rays hat in the hof?
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    I believe it was reported that Tampa Bay had put it in his contract that he would wear a Rays hat (i.e they paid him to do it). That was back when players were allowed to choose. They can't do that anymore.
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 645

02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The Sox should retire the number 12 that he wore in NY and TB.

Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    AND put up permanent signage right next to it for Bosley Hair Club for Men.
  • Options
    OR just a 26 in the normal Red Sox numbering, with pinstripes.
  • Options
    cutz said:

JimmyV said:

Thanks bro...

Getting your number retired with the sox used to be so much more than just your numbers(statistics). They would give it to guys who meant something to the team and baseball. Guys who played long portions of their careers and retired as Red Sox. Even Pedro having his number retired was kind of weird. His best years came in Boston and he was part of the '04 team, but he played so much of his career in other uniforms.

Hell Cy Young played 8 seasons with the sox, is their all time wins leader, and has an award named after him....and you don't see his number up there! Boggs was always known as a douche, and left for the bitter rival. He was a great hitter while here, but not one of the greats!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420

cutz said:

JimmyV said:

Thanks bro...

Getting your number retired with the sox used to be so much more than just your numbers(statistics). They would give it to guys who meant something to the team and baseball. Guys who played long portions of their careers and retired as Red Sox. Even Pedro having his number retired was kind of weird. His best years came in Boston and he was part of the '04 team, but he played so much of his career in other uniforms.

Hell Cy Young played 8 seasons with the sox, is their all time wins leader, and has an award named after him....and you don't see his number up there! Boggs was always known as a douche, and left for the bitter rival. He was a great hitter while here, but not one of the greats!
    Pedro had some of the best years ever by a pitcher while he was with the Red Sox.

Cy Young played before uniform numbers.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

cutz said:

JimmyV said:

Thanks bro...

Pedro had some of the best years ever by a pitcher while he was with the Red Sox.

Cy Young played before uniform numbers.
    Yes, but you get my point. There is nothing immortalizing Cy Young. Just because Boggs put up great numbers in Boston does not mean you have to retire his number. I would retire Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield way before I would retire Wade Boggs' number. Just my opinion.
    This could be the day
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Pedro Martinez was completely unhittable from 1998 to 2004. He may have been the greatest pitcher I ever saw in person. 45 yes.

My greatest memory of Fenway Park was being in the building for the Carlton Fisk number retirement. 27 72 yes.

Boggs is a completely undeserving TOOL.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Wonder what the reaction will be here when Boggs is on stage at Fenway playing RITFW with Pearl Jam. Maybe he'll even arrive onstage on horseback.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

Pedro Martinez was completely unhittable from 1998 to 2004. He may have been the greatest pitcher I ever saw in person. 45 yes.

My greatest memory of Fenway Park was being in the building for the Carlton Fisk number retirement. 27 72 yes.

Boggs is a completely undeserving TOOL.

Im not saying Pedro is a no, Pedro is a clear yes. Boggs is a clear no in my book....all day!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,142
    ^^^ dude needs some kfc
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    All this baseball talk is getting in the way of my Pearl Jam habit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I never thought you'd Habit...
  • Options
    so classy

• Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    edited February 2016
    I'm not a Sox fan but I have to say that Boggs number, on hitting stats alone, should be retired. HOF numbers with Sox no doubt. I understand the frustration that he went to Yanks but he's stats as a Red Sox are amazing. He's got a stretch where 5 out of 6 seasons he batted over .350 and 4 out of 6 over .360. That's all time hitting greatness right there. He loses points for that little dance from the gif above
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    Anyone been monitoring secondary markets like stubhub? Are tickets selling at the $300-500 prices they are listed at?
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 645
    mikerl said:

Anyone been monitoring secondary markets like stubhub? Are tickets selling at the $300-500 prices they are listed at?

yup $200-$300 for home plate and $300-$400 for turf seats
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    It's a long time between now and Aug, but I'm not paying those prices.
    I suppose we should count ourselves lucky that the initial prices for amazing tickets aren't like those crazy Billy Joel number $1000 right in the center VIP tickets....
    The secondary market is a real shitshow