Options

No to increased taxes

Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
Why should I pay for all this extra stuff Bernie and Hillary want to do? I am a self made man. I went into the Marine Corps at 19. I earned my GI Bill and used that to better myself in my late 20's when I went back to school. I took a bus for 6 hours to get from school to work, slept a few hours and repeated that process the next day. I worked hard to get where I am at. Anyone could have done what I did. No one gave me anything. So when I see Bernie and Hillary wanting to pay for all this extra stuff I say fuck that. They will push me down to raise others up. I say hell no. They can fund their communist plans in another country.

Say yes to the American dream again. Say yes to Rubio in 2016! He may be a robot but at least he gets it. Or his people do, either way Rubio in 2016!
Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
Fuckus rules all
Rob
Seattle

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Why should I pay for all this extra stuff Bernie and Hillary want to do? I am a self made man. I went into the Marine Corps at 19. I earned my GI Bill and used that to better myself in my late 20's when I went back to school. I took a bus for 6 hours to get from school to work, slept a few hours and repeated that process the next day. I worked hard to get where I am at. Anyone could have done what I did. No one gave me anything. So when I see Bernie and Hillary wanting to pay for all this extra stuff I say fuck that. They will push me down to raise others up. I say hell no. They can fund their communist plans in another country.

Say yes to the American dream again. Say yes to Rubio in 2016! He may be a robot but at least he gets it. Or his people do, either way Rubio in 2016!

Friedman's analysis was that median income would go up 22,000$ under Bernie's plan.

So your plan is to elect Rubio, who follows Bush like any good little neocon and sends the economy back into recession and the country back into winless wars, which of course cost TRILLIONS.

"harumph I don't want to pay welfare for lazy people and their children, I only want to pay for corporations' welfare, and of course war, I will pay whatever it takes for war harumph"
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    because you've been paying for the same shit under NObama ........it all sucks !!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    By my count....first paragraph: 12 sentences, 12 "I's"
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

then the "I's" have it LOL !!!

Godfather.

• Options

The American Dream
  • Options
    Does anyone think Bernie can do any of what he wants? No way. Corporations will pass on increased costs to the middle class. They won't pay a dime more nor will the 1%. If you want to save the middle class, use the money better. Until then I will keep my cash. If you want others to pay for your needs, move to Canada.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    What source of income pays for the OPs GI Bill?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Anyone could have done what I did.

I wonder what baseline advantages someone in your situation might have that they might not even be taking into account? Little, niggling things like good physical health, a healthy brain that didn't start its development prenatally in a stew of alcohol or drugs, maybe a supportive family?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    edited February 2016
    wow.

All that being said glad my tax money could help you so much in starting your life.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

What source of income pays for the OPs GI Bill?

And the military in general?
    Military guys lashing out at poor tax spending....the irony.
  • Options
    I paid for my GI Bill. You pay for it the first 1 year you are in. Your payments along with those that paid but never used it fund the program.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

I paid for my GI Bill. You pay for it the first 1 year you are in. Your payments along with those that paid but never used it fund the program.

Paid for it with what? Your savings account prior to entering the military?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    I assumed from your avatar you were Canadian. Or Canadien as the case many be. :smile:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    So you don't want to contribute to a child getting a proper education but you have no problems paying for weapons that could kill children?
  • Options
    Before someone who agrees with OP starts crying foul over how you can't have a different opinion here, I would like to point out that the OP started a new thread for discussion with a personal rant, not a link with relevant data or an article about the issue.
    A new thread, for the purpose of ranting will always draw a healthy slew of responses and counters.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    At least you have to work to earn the GI Bill
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Ani, this is a tough spot to share that opinion. Props to you for putting it out there when you know that the overwhelming majority of folks on this board will strongly disagree with you.
    People will draw all sorts of conclusions based on your desire to not have your taxes increased and that you decided to throw your hat into the Robotio corner. (You are against education, basic human rights...you are for paying for children to be killed, your dedication to your country and service in our military means that you believe everything can be solved with guns, occupation, etc.)
    I, for one, thank you for your service & commend the way you busted your butt to be able to provide a good life for your family.

This message is brought to you by Rubio Talking Point 3000
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Born to privilege also has its benefits. From my perspective, the Republican base seeks to preserve these inherent privileges and keep a thumb on the socially oppressed.
  • Options
    I didn't say no taxes. I said no to increased taxes. Big difference.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

Born to privilege also has its benefits. From my perspective, the Republican base seeks to preserve these inherent privileges and keep a thumb on the socially oppressed.
    I would be shocked to learn if a significant percentage of those who qualify for the GI Bill were 'born to privilege'
    Could be wrong though, I do not have any stats on the socioeconomic status of GI Bill applicants.
  • Options
    Considering those who get the GI Bill are enlisted, I would say close to 0 are from wealthy families.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Yeah, this isn't the topic of the thread but not being born into a wealthy family I had a choice to make out of high school. I chose the Army to better myself and worked my ass off there and then as a college student older than my peers so my kids could be born into a wealthier family than I.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    as a marine you are to help others. heck, as good decent people we are all supposed to help one another improve our lives. sound about right, yes/no? what are the answers?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Stop we who have served had white privilege in our favor.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Bernie Sanders plan is not as simple as just increased taxes. It's about working to create better opportunity and fairness for all. Why some here want to maintain the status quo of the wealthy elite is beyond me... unless some you you are super rich.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Assumption is made on Ani's race?

I do not think you have to be super rich to be in favor of controlling the taxation and having concern over what the tax dollars are being spent on.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    chadwick said:

as a marine you are to help others. heck, as good decent people we are all supposed to help one another improve our lives. sound about right, yes/no? what are the answers?

Bernie won't be able to do shit except raise minimum wages. I am fine with that, people who work hard should make enough to have a decent life. But who in the end will pay for those increases? The consumer will when inflation goes up and the costs get passed on to higher income workers. Will I get a raise to offset these new costs, no I will not. So all he will do in the end is push the middle class down to raise the poverty level up. His whole plan is a pipe dream. Obama preached a lot as well and what did we get? Obamacare which a lot of states are not even using and may get shot down shortly anyways. The system must change. We have to be fiscally aware the defecit will break us all one day as a country. We need to fix and then improve.

Chadwick, I just threw a 5 into the tip jar at the little Mexican joint for a $5 breakfast burrito. That was my helping for this morning.

And as Empty stated, many of us joined the Military back in the 90's to better ourselves and future generations of our families.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Amazing - super rich is an awful term until the $33K per couple fundraisers (two of them last night in LA plus a bit of the usual Obama-fundraising-visit traffic snarls) are happening.

Perception.

F Me, to this -
    I, for one, thank you for your service & commend the way you busted your butt to be able to provide a good life for your family.

A-fucking-men - to Ani, to Empty, to all their brothers and sisters. My dad went a similar route and I love him every day for it, for who it made me.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited February 2016
    Taxes fund the military. Taxes fund GI bill. The bus you rode on paid for by taxes. Schools, taxes. So your success and now contribution was direct result of taxes.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    http://benjaminstudebaker.com/2016/02/05/why-bernie-vs-hillary-matters-more-than-people-think/

OP, read this, pay attention to that first graph, tell me your thoughts. I want to talk about the issue, not your employment with the military.