Options

Fenway Night 1 tickets on sale .. now?

Comments

• Options
    ckravitz said:

On a tangent, you gotta appreciate the need by some to rub people's nose in shit. Yeah people are upset and they are expressing it, so what is the point in putting an exclamation point on their misery? To somehow convince them of the "error" in their ways to make them feel better? Haha, ok.

The schadenfreude in this world is very disheartening.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so,if rthis ticket.com,made a mistake and can cancel tix,and they care about fans take tix online the time they announce the sale so be fair for all...after the sale today they should go at secondery market websites and every sale they see,at ebay,stubhub etc cancel those tickets sold and are listed on sale above face value
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    ckravitz said:

On a tangent, you gotta appreciate the need by some to rub people's nose in shit. Yeah people are upset and they are expressing it, so what is the point in putting an exclamation point on their misery? To somehow convince them of the "error" in their ways to make them feel better? Haha, ok.

100% agree. If we were talking about people who had hacked into the system early or something, that would be one thing. We're not. We are talking about people (fellow Ten Clubbers!) who bought a product that was put up for sale. No one here cheated anything.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    JimmyV said:

ckravitz said:

100% agree. If we were talking about people who had hacked into the system early or something, that would be one thing. We're not. We are talking about people (fellow Ten Clubbers!) who bought a product that was put up for sale. No one here cheated anything.
    Hrrrrummmpphh!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    JimmyV said:

ckravitz said:

Right, the seller made a mistake, not the buyers. Good business practice would have been to honor those purchases. If not, at the very least should be some kind of recompense, maybe a coupon code or something.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    What a hassle
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

so,if rthis ticket.com,made a mistake and can cancel tix,and they care about fans take tix online the time they announce the sale so be fair for all...after the sale today they should go at secondery market websites and every sale they see,at ebay,stubhub etc cancel those tickets sold and are listed on sale above face value

I was thinking this as well. They easily have the resources to have someone compare Stub Hub (and others) seat locations and match them to tickets sold yesterday. It would literally take a few people an hour to do this manually.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

the only problem is the cc charges
    cos some people after got charged yesterday and they needed that money for today presale may not get in time the refound

Exactly. I bought a pair of tickets yesterday knowing full well that the transaction would probably be cancelled. But I don't really have to worry about having sufficient funds in my account for today or running up against a credit limit.

Hell, I don't even want to go to the Fenway show but when I saw the opportunity to grab a couple great seats, I couldn't pass it up because I have NO IDEA if I'll be able to get anything for Wrigley today.

So having a pair of tickets to the show was fun while it lasted but I don't feel bad that I "lost" them nor do I expect anyone to feel bad for me.

I DO FEEL BAD for those who maybe won't be able to buy tickets today because of the credit card situation caused by this colossal fuckup on the part of tickets.com.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I embrace reality and somethings are out of the band's control.

I hate reality. Especially when many people in this board just reminded me how much I hate the "system". I thought we were done with ticket sales being out of the hands of PJ back in '96. LOL.
    Almost forgot about the sadness of failing get tickets but at the same time feeling proud to be a fan of a band that was trying to give Ticketmaster the finger.

• Options
    Poncier said:

JimmyV said:

ckravitz said:

Right, the seller made a mistake, not the buyers. Good business practice would have been to honor those purchases. If not, at the very least should be some kind of recompense, maybe a coupon code or something.
    yes, they should give an instant "store credit" with tickets.com good for today's ticket sale rather than the bullshit option of waiting a week or more for a refund to post to people's accounts.
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346

What a hassle

Seriously, anyone ever tried to get face value tickets for super bowl right when they go onsale? I wonder how the difficulty of that one time mega event compares to trying to get pj tickets. Not sure how many come out at face value, but having to buy them way early and before you know what teams will play (or before season even starts for that matter) might make it slightly easier.
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195

thatd be a perfect scenario but I don't think itll ever happen sadly.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    ckravitz said:

I was thinking this as well. They easily have the resources to have someone compare Stub Hub (and others) seat locations and match them to tickets sold yesterday. It would literally take a few people an hour to do this manually.
    if they really gave a shit this is what they would do...

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    This ticket ("Ticket") evidences a revocable license ("License") to attend the event ("Event") described on the face hereof. The promoter or sponsoring organization ("Promoter") of the Event retains outright ownership of this Ticket. Physical possession of this Ticket is being temporarily provided to the holder ("Holder") to merely serve as evidence of the existence of the License.

The License may be revoked with denial of admission to the Event (i) for any reason, at the Promoter's or facility's discretion, upon refund of the face value of this Ticket and (ii) for "cause" with no compensation or refund.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Terms and conditions...we all check the box.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

Terms and conditions...

yup...totally one sided just like every other contract a consumer is a party to, even the morsel of recourse the consumer does have is totally unreasonable - bank accounts, cell phone, cable, internet, credit card, student home car loans on and on and on and on and on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

Terms and conditions...

yup...totally one sided just like every other contract a consumer is a party to, even the morsel of recourse the consumer does have is totally unreasonable - bank accounts, cell phone, cable, internet, credit card, student home car loans on and on and on and on and on
    Vote for Bernie! lol
    Not a joke though lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    to be honest, Im not that upset they cancelled the orders. I thought when I bought them it was 50/50 they would hold. Its a bit disappointing but not worth outrage
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

to be honest, Im not that upset they cancelled the orders. I thought when I bought them it was 50/50 they would hold. Its a bit disappointing but not worth outrage

even after I got that confirmation email, I figured it was, at best, about a 10% chance they'd hold up. I looked at it like gambling. And unfortunately, I lost the bet.

Actually, now that I think about it, I didn't lose. It was a push.
  • Options
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    This sucks for the folks who thought they had tickets , to me personally it's not worth the trouble to try for tickets once I've lost on the 10C lottery fuck that if I don't score thru lottery I don't attend but that's just me I'm done being dissapointed .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886

This sucks for the folks who thought they had tickets , to me personally it's not worth the trouble to try for tickets once I've lost on the 10C lottery fuck that if I don't score thru lottery I don't attend but that's just me I'm done being dissapointed .....

Is it due to seating preference or just a general dislike of the shitshow that is the public onsale? It's not too bad really. Spam the website for a good 10 or so minutes, generally score some solid tickets.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I see this going over well and not causing any controversy at all.

hahahahaha

• Options
    So i attempted to log in to my account on tickets.com and, to my complete lack of surprise, got this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@tickets.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    bots win again
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    thank god we got all those tickets cancelled yesterday
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    MayDay10 said:

this. so this.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

MayDay10 said:

this. so this.
    Yeah all the righteous posters can rejoice now that the tickets are in the hands of scalpers instead.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    edited February 2016
    cocksmokers
  • Options
    Wow after getting shut out of tenclub for fenway then getting turf seats yesterday in section c pulled back after the debacle. I figured i would wind up in the bleachers since i never have luck in public sale for good seats. Well some how got in line at the right time and got blessed with A section turf row 19. Cant believe it Better than when noone was buying yesterdayLOL. hope you all had decent luck