Comments

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited February 2016
    lolobugg said:

KC138045 said:

OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

This is even better for reserved seating that way we don't get stuck on the side. Very happy about the setup

Looks like there are a lot fewer reserved seats on the field this time around, though. It'll be interesting to see whether we occupy some stands. I think we were all on the field in 2013.
    In 2013 the field was not all 10c and a lot of us were in the lower and upper bowl. I was in aisle 106.
    Just curious... what are your 10club #s. I didn't make it in 2013. but I have a pretty low #.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

KC138045 said:

OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

This is even better for reserved seating that way we don't get stuck on the side. Very happy about the setup

Looks like there are a lot fewer reserved seats on the field this time around, though. It'll be interesting to see whether we occupy some stands. I think we were all on the field in 2013.
    In 2013 the field was not all 10c and a lot of us were in the lower and upper bowl. I was in aisle 106.
    Just curious... what are your 10club #s. I didn't make it in 2013. but I have a pretty low #.
    I was on the field near 3rd base...23X,XXX
    Ok, thank you!!!
    I am just trying to gauge where my seats could possibly be.
    I am a huge Cubs fan so just getting on the field would be awesome!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 495
    It will probably depend on a couple of things.

If I remember correctly, in 2013 the tickets came with a colored wristband, but that wristband only gave access to GA. Once you were in the stadium you actually had to get a second colored wristband that gave you access to the field (and not just the stands). There were multiple entry gates and each gate had a booth set up inside where you could get the second wristband but each only had 1-2 people working it so it created a bit of a jam as they had to check your ticket, put the band on you etc. The gates are all supposed to open at the same time but that doesn't always quite happen which brings me to the second point.

There was a decent sized group of fan club members that somehow had managed to negotiate special access through a separate gate. Apparently they had lined up early in the morning, made a list (hate these lists) and then all left to enjoy their day. They weren't lined up at around 1pm because I walked around the entire stadium and they were not there. There was no special lines for me to join. The rest of the gates had some small lines but nothing more than 10-20 people. I went to eat, check out the town and came back around 430. Now all of the sudden this group is lined back up again based on whatever order they had before and it was probably several hundred people long. The lines at the other gates were still not that long (30-40 people or so) and each gate had 7-8 rows that you could enter through. So I figured it would be quicker to be the 7th or 8th person at one of those gates rather than the 300th person at the smaller "special" gate. But here's the kicker. That group also managed to get security to pass out the second colored wristband ahead of time before the doors opened, and they opened that gate first maybe 5-10 min before the rest. I still got in pretty quick but by the time I got to GA the full rail was filled with the half circle of people gathered more in the center. I was still able to secure a good spot about 3 rows back on Mikes side so all in all it wasn't bad. But once the weather hit, all rules went out the window. Good luck
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    KC138045 said:

lolobugg said:

KC138045 said:

OnWis97 said:

lolobugg said:

He missed the tag!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    I want to be somewhere in Andre Dawson territory. :rock_on:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 197
    So, what are considered the "best" seats as far as reserved go? I'm super short and am concerned I'll be right behind GA and won't be able to see a damn thing :confused:
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I have GA for both nights and my plan is to show up around when doors open and enjoy the show from the model of GA. No way they'll over sell. There might be a few people off to the sides but I'm gonna get in there a bit early to get a decent spot.

Remember, this is not a small show so the stage will be very high. Why wait all day to be from row and see Pearl Jam from 10-20 feet below. I've been rail before but it's not as fun at a festival setting.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Red Lukin said:

I have GA for both nights and my plan is to show up around when doors open and enjoy the show from the model of GA. No way they'll over sell. There might be a few people off to the sides but I'm gonna get in there a bit early to get a decent spot.

Remember, this is not a small show so the stage will be very high. Why wait all day to be from row and see Pearl Jam from 10-20 feet below. I've been rail before but it's not as fun at a festival setting.

I'm hoping to learn from those who have GA on Saturday and then plan for Monday accordingly. I have flexible work hours so I can probably get off early.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I've been pit many times for Pearl Jam, USA, Europe, Mexico etc. I've done rail and 2nd row a few times, had a blast and will do it again no doubt but of the 5 upcoming shows I have GA for no way I'll go early for a show like wrigley. I may aim for rail or 2nd 3rd row one show and hang out in to middle or back the others. In Spokane I got in minutes before Pearl Jam hit the stage and was at the back of ga and had an absolute blast!

Best bang for buck for me is showing up when doors open and waiting an hour or 2 for Pearl Jam and being right in the middle of it all.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    I showed up like an hour before doors opened in St Louis and was about 5th row on Mike's side, my first time in GA and it was fantastic! I'm sure the rail would be amazing, but it's not something I need.
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    edited February 2016
    Was seating in 2013 based on seniority? I have a 121xxx and I was in the back behind 3rd and home...
    I thought it was random and I just got a short straw. No worries here- I had an amazing night and it was great to just be inside park...
    Post edited by mdgsolo on
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Suziemay said:

CapnBob said:

That is how it was in 2013 as well ... on a side note, was a bit nerve racking watching everyone rush the field after the rain delay on what is pretty much a huge slip and slide... seen a few people bust their asses but luckily it didn't seem that anyone was injured

Hope there will never be a repeat of that GA reentry. That's the biggest shit show I've ever experienced at any show, PJ or otherwise. Horrendously poor security job.

I was heartbroken...been follwing them since 2000...had GA, waited all day, and got into the "second row" (for the first 7 songs anyway!). After the rain delay, people rushed near the stage and we ended up in back of the pit. I was so heartbroken and pissed, I left during RVM. The only time I've left a PJ show early
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,363
    edited March 2016
    jp307677 said:

Suziemay said:

CapnBob said:

That is how it was in 2013 as well ... on a side note, was a bit nerve racking watching everyone rush the field after the rain delay on what is pretty much a huge slip and slide... seen a few people bust their asses but luckily it didn't seem that anyone was injured

Hope there will never be a repeat of that GA reentry. That's the biggest shit show I've ever experienced at any show, PJ or otherwise. Horrendously poor security job.

I was heartbroken...been follwing them since 2000...had GA, waited all day, and got into the "second row" (for the first 7 songs anyway!). After the rain delay, people rushed near the stage and we ended up in back of the pit. I was so heartbroken and pissed, I left during RVM. The only time I've left a PJ show early
    So...you are a long time fan...you got on the field at Wrigley, a hallowed spot that many would have killed for...you are whining because you didn't get your spot back and had to stand in the back of the pit of an epic show for a band you love and YOU LEFT EARLY?? No sympathy here...get over it.
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    jp307677 said:

Suziemay said:

CapnBob said:

You left because you didn't get your spot back? Even with your "new" spot you were closer to the stage than 98% of the people there.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited March 2016
    If anyone feels like GA is "too big" - hit me up
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    mcgruff10 said:

jp307677 said:

Suziemay said:

CapnBob said:

You left because you didn't get your spot back? Even with your "new" spot you were closer to the stage than 98% of the people there.
    Good points, just at that moment finally getting a spot like that and losing it to people who literally didn't belong there got to me. Looking back on it, I should've just been grateful and enjoyed it. I'll be at Wrigley #2 this year, but Reserved seating.
    I did finally end up getting front row rail at Worcester #1 later that year. I took no chances, got there at around 9am and was front and center come show time.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    mdgsolo said:

Was seating in 2013 based on seniority? I have a 121xxx and I was in the back behind 3rd and home...
    I thought it was random and I just got a short straw. No worries here- I had an amazing night and it was great to just be inside park...

Don't forget that 2013 featured GA, Reserved and a cheaper Reserved option that was further away. Maybe you were selected for the "other" reserved option?
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    edited March 2016
    I just don't understand these people that think they are more entitled 'fans' than the rest of the hunders of fans...If you were lucky enough to get GA, than you should enjoy the show and feel privelged to be there..leaving early 'cause you lost out on your spot is rediculous...sorry but that sounds so arrogant............
    Post edited by OceanInDisguise13 on
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,538
    jp307677 said:

Suziemay said:

CapnBob said:

Truly one of the dumbest things I've read on this board.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I left during RITFW to get in the subway and beat the crowd :)
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    pjgrrl said:

ComeToTX said:

Weren't people in those sections beside GA complaining that they couldn't see in '13? That might be why they got rid of them.

Yes we were in the first section to the right of the pit and our view was mostly of the side of the stage-could only see the band on the large screen.

This thread is starting to make me feel like I shouldn't have chosen GA. Haven't been GA in ages and really wanted to try for the rail. #roadtotherail

Wasn't that the VIP section? I remember walking by there when leaving the GA (I think at the start of the rain delay). I saw Chris Chelios & Kenny Mayne in there BSing among others.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 161
    Any more guesses on reserved tickets for either of these shows? From looking at stub hub maybe the letters L M N P Q R ? Hoping that they might be in the "Field ADA", a fan can hope...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    Anyone happen to have a spare GA for Wrigley #1? PM me?

Thanks!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Cant wait!!GA Both nights!!gonna be epic!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    I need two spares for night 1
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    Seeing the "VIP/GA" entrance on the merch maps, I wonder if the side sections from 2013 will become VIP spaces. Seemed like the Fenway front side sections had lots of VIP badges.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Also need one GA for night 1 :smiley:
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    rival. said:

JimmyV said:

Yeah I noticed that. Gonna be wild in there.

:lol:

pearl jam hasn't had a wild pit since about or around '96.
    Yea because we aren't 15 anymore
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    jp307677 said:

Suziemay said:

CapnBob said:

Jesus.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    tschav said:

Seeing the "VIP/GA" entrance on the merch maps, I wonder if the side sections from 2013 will become VIP spaces. Seemed like the Fenway front side sections had lots of VIP badges.

were there random 10c members getting VIP upgrades at Fenway?