Does changing your picks move you down in the drawing line?

I know changing your picks does not effect your odds, however does it mean your picks get drawn first? I guess does it have any impact at all?

Comments

• morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    no
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,770
    I think it might impact when you get notified on lottery day. Seems like those that wait until the last minute are not notified until later in the day. I'm sure it has no impact on chances though
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463

I think it might impact when you get notified on lottery day. Seems like those that wait until the last minute are not notified until later in the day. I'm sure it has no impact on chances though

I would go with that assessment and add I don't think it effects the odds at all. I changed my picks 3 hrs till deadline and got all 3 shows with ft Lauderdale being my 3rd choice reserve, Toronto reserved was my 1st. I didn't get notification till around 9 that night and that was painfull
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 498
    Thanks, I'd been hearing about the notifications coming in late
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    I doubt that about the notifications, they probably just come later to those who chose more shows, so you don't get notified until all of your choices have either won or lost.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    mattcoz said:

I doubt that about the notifications, they probably just come later to those who chose more shows, so you don't get notified until all of your choices have either won or lost.

I wanted to share my bewildered perspective on that. I only picked 2 choices for the last drawing: GA and Reserved for the same show. The night before the drawing, I changed it because originally I had only picked reserved. About an hour after the drawing started, I read about people winning both ticket types to my show (and others) with their later picks (3,4, 5...etc). I did not find out that I won until about 6 hours later, and believe me, I was checking my ticket status many times over those 6 hours.

I have no problems with how that transpired, and I love the lottery system. However, it also made me curious about how the lottery works. Perhaps notification order is different from the order that winners are drawn?
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Great perspective.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,731
    3days said:

mattcoz said:

I wanted to share my bewildered perspective on that. I only picked 2 choices for the last drawing: GA and Reserved for the same show. The night before the drawing, I changed it because originally I had only picked reserved. About an hour after the drawing started, I read about people winning both ticket types to my show (and others) with their later picks (3,4, 5...etc). I did not find out that I won until about 6 hours later, and believe me, I was checking my ticket status many times over those 6 hours.

I have no problems with how that transpired, and I love the lottery system. However, it also made me curious about how the lottery works. Perhaps notification order is different from the order that winners are drawn?
    It may have to do with the time it takes to charge your credit card. Did you have the $ amount charged on the win/loss but but no green win? That too me tells me you where drawn and they were waiting on the bill of sale to be official.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    The sign up time vs notification email time isn't valid either. I signed up for the 2016 lottery about 15 minutes after it was open. The day of the lottery I didn't get notified until the evening. I'm more willing to vouch for this theory:
    mattcoz said: